Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2009, 04:23 PM

90 posts, read 177,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegirl View Post
==isn't that jon's constant comment--said this on tv after he bought the 2 seater sportscar and one bedroom apt

he also last nite kept refering to the kitchen as my or our kitchen--wonder if kate refers to his apt in nyc as our apt????
No, you've got it all wrong. Jon never claimed anything like that, it's all Kate claiming her exploits and freebies for the betterment of her children. Let's be honest here, it's all Kate's fault.[/quote]

Ahhh, finally someone who understands...you rock!

Old 08-11-2009, 04:37 PM

I don't see the kids benefiting from the freebies, I see Kate benefiting from them. Spas, trips, manicures, pedicures, tanning, expensive clothes and shoes. Yeah, all for the kids. Give me a break.

Old 08-11-2009, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I agree. If she is being truthful with the kids, then keeping a ring on isn't going to help them deal with the split any more easily. I think it is for her own reasons. And that is fine, but she should just say "I'm not ready to take it off yet." and leave it at that.

I agree, but TLC goes where the money is. J & K were very popular, so the show goes on the the sponsorships continue to roll in. I don't know of the other couple you mentioned. They apparently didn't get the viewership, and thus didn't get the advertisers. It's all about the $$. I have finally stopped watching. If they do a first day of kindergarten show, or something, I might watch it. But I'm tired of watching the 30 minute commercials for Coleman, the cabinet company, the crooked house builders, etc. I'm done with that.

The couple really touched my heart. I guess having real physical and financial problems are not a money-making show for TLC. Now that's a couple I would help out in any which way I could.

Old 08-11-2009, 05:53 PM

2,212 posts, read 5,154,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gone2long View Post
guess i thought this was a discussion on the family and show--apparently the topic here is let's hate kate--she ruined everyone's life------

did i stumble onto a jon is a victim thread?
You must be joking...I haven't seen many posters here who put the blame solely on one person. I think most of us here think they are both terrible parents who are claiming to love their children while they sit back and watch the freebies roll in from exploiting them. The recent comments on Kate have been as a result of her media blitz, her "poor me" tone of voice that is totally unlike every other episode those of us who have watched for years are used to, her unwillingness to say anything other than, "everything I do is for my kids." Jon is in no way blameless but whether or not he is enjoying the freebies, it was made perfectly clear that he would have been happy if the show was over. Kate jumped in announcing that the show would continue because SHE is loving what she is doing now. Nowhere in her speech on that last episode of the season before all hell broke loose was there anything about the kids. SHE loves what they are doing right now, SHE has become someone she was not before, SHE wants a new kitchen, SHE loved the "old Jon".

Jon is a slacker. He was a slacker before they got married and he was always content to let her run the show. He hasn't changed much...he is just older and has hair plugs. Kate shouldn't be surprised that he wants to hang on to whatever thread of youth he thinks he still has. People don't change much when they get older...they usually are the same person as always, they just change their appearance or their income level. Jon is a *******...he always was and will continue to be.

It's Kate who seems to have an army of PR people telling her to play the victim, to wear her wedding ring to make her look like the sad wife staying at home while her husband hobnobs around the Riviera. It's just not believable.

Most importantly, those of us who are on these threads have one thing in common...we all know that their kids are heading for disaster. No matter whose "side" you're on...I think we can all agree that this show needs to end for the kids' sake.

Old 08-11-2009, 06:19 PM

8,816 posts, read 21,288,785 times
I watched the new episode again Monday just to see if I could catch what everyone is talking about. I guess I just don't see what you all mean. Kate seems like a perfectly nice young person to me & the kids are well-behaved and seem to get along well with each other.

Are there other shows that display a different side ? The husband seemed very phlegmatic & probably not someone who would make a good match for her, but even he seemed okay.

I just don't see the reason for so much animosity toward a total stranger . I know it isn't just on this forum because I can see the headlines when I'm on the supermarket checkout line.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 08-11-2009, 06:30 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,256,639 times
I started out watching the show quite a while back.

When I see the reruns, I see that Jon and Kate did love each other. There is a lot of joking and smiling at each other and you can see it in their body language.

I'm not sure exactly when it changed but you could see it clearly.

For a while, I was annoyed with Kate and the way in which she talked to Jon. However, now that they are apart...it is becoming clear to me that Jon is a huge inconsiderate, immature person!

At least I can watch Kate and the kids. At least SHE is able to speak clearly and be understood.

I see Jon as some teenager that is rebelling by putting his earrings back in, mentioning his tatoos, wearing teenager t shirts and just acting like a fool. How sad. Half the things he says are just phrases that he hears from Kate (particularly the "everything is for the kids" remarks) and recites POORLY. I find him quite annoying and see NOTHING attractive about him.

I'm not so sure the kids will turn out so badly. They have each other.

Vicki

Old 08-11-2009, 06:56 PM

3,769 posts, read 8,805,417 times
I just want to shout from the rooftops - "get these people off my television!" So over them!

Old 08-11-2009, 07:08 PM

134 posts, read 343,081 times
The last show (yesterday) had a lot more Kate than Jon. I thought they filmed a scavenger hunt when it was Jon's turn?

I'm kinda glad Kate is putting on a "moving on" positively personal while being filmed. I don't believe she built her family thinking she was going to do it all by herself.

I think some people just have trouble adjusting to fame and fortune.... and I don't like seeing some of the things happening with Jon in the tabloids. It made me want to ask..... was he thinking about his children when he spent a few days in France? In New York? If an accident happened... how can he be "right there" for them if he's busy with a new life?

I'm kinda glad TLC blurred out the tshirt he was wearing. I was a little annoyed that he thought of using his children as mini billboards for a clothing company.

Old 08-11-2009, 07:41 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,170,962 times
Kate is so precious and so pretty. She's such a wonderful mom. She keeps an immaculate house all the while maintaining such a positive and pleasing attitude. Her personality should be bottled and sold because it is just adorable.
I'm sure she must give some of the free things away to charities and such because she is such a wonderful Christian and I can't imagine her not doing anything but the right thing. Plus she surely must do volunteer work because she is the perfect example of all that is good.
I just don't know how she gets so much done in one day. I'm in awe of her.
When I wake up everyday-she is my inspiration. If I could even be a quarter of the perfect person she is-I would be ecstatic.
If this show ever goes off the air and I couldn't see my idol-Kate-I think I would do myself in.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:28 PM

22,859 posts, read 6,442,125 times
Just jumping in here, but I thought I read/heard that they have something like $10 million dollars. Is that not enough to raise a family these days?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV