Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2009, 11:32 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,953,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by baybook View Post
But irritating or not, he married her. Slacker or not, she married him.
True. Poor Jon.

Old 08-11-2009, 11:56 AM

2,482 posts, read 6,530,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegirl View Post
I feel for them too, and I wouldn't blame Kate for a second if she sheltered them from the tabloids. But... she also made this mess by allowing the show to continue, especially after all the marriage mess.
Never said I blamed her for sheltering them from the tabloids...however you said it yourself she allowed all this to continue. At one point she even had the kids waving at the photogs! And told the kids it's the way of their life now. She is the one that needs to get her story straight. She needs to fade of into parentland where things aren't all pink & bows and have a reality check not a reality TV show.

Fine freeies are great that's marketing. Nothing wrong with that. And at the beginning help from major companies was needed to raise these kids. But trips to Hawaii, Skiing, San Diego Spa week, shopping spees that is totally uncalled for. And no I am not jealous because I can go to any of these places and gladly pay for it myself.

Old 08-11-2009, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LQQKOUT View Post
Never said I blamed her for sheltering them from the tabloids...however you said it yourself she allowed all this to continue. At one point she even had the kids waving at the photogs! And told the kids it's the way of their life now. She is the one that needs to get her story straight. She needs to fade of into parentland where things aren't all pink & bows and have a reality check not a reality TV show.

Fine freeies are great that's marketing. Nothing wrong with that. And at the beginning help from major companies was needed to raise these kids. But trips to Hawaii, Skiing, San Diego Spa week, shopping spees that is totally uncalled for. And no I am not jealous because I can go to any of these places and gladly pay for it myself.
I hear ya, I'm in agreement with you on this stuff. It's baybook that is posting the personal attacks towards the rest of us that don't agree with the freebies etc. I'm not jealous about it, nor do I think others are. I would think that most folks here would be better than to exploit their children on national television for money fame and freebies, and we're just expressing our point of view. Oh well... SNAP !

Old 08-11-2009, 12:16 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,067,241 times
Whatever the reasons this show is still on, I feel sorry for the kids. They're thrust in the middle of a messy break up and someday I believe the parents will have to explain why they continued the program and allowed their personal problems to be broadcast.

For TLC, this is great press and big ratings, but for the family, it's a fail.

Old 08-11-2009, 12:20 PM

2,482 posts, read 6,530,065 times
Quote:
I hear ya, I'm in agreement with you on this stuff. It's baybook that is posting the personal attacks towards the rest of us that don't agree with the freebies etc. I'm not jealous about it, nor do I think others are. I would think that most folks here would be better than to exploit their children on national television for money fame and freebies, and we're just expressing our point of view. Oh well... SNAP !
I was referring to baybook as well. Jon & Kate will have 8 children to answer to when this is said and done. And I for one would not want to be put in their shoes then. Maybe 7 children, because little Mady knows what is going on and is right there with her mom.

Old 08-11-2009, 12:32 PM

Quote:
I was referring to baybook as well.
Ahh, gotcha.
Quote:
Jon & Kate will have 8 children to answer to when this is said and done. And I for one would not want to be put in their shoes then. Maybe 7 children, because little Mady knows what is going on and is right there with her mom.
Speaking of Mady, have you noticed that as much as she can't seem to stand her mother, she acts just like her ?

Old 08-11-2009, 12:55 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,494,931 times
Quote:
Ahh, gotcha.

Speaking of Mady, have you noticed that as much as she can't seem to stand her mother, she acts just like her ?
It's pretty difficult not to turn into your mother.. believe me, I've been trying (and failing ).. but Mady is starting young!

Too bad for those kids that you can't pick your parents.

Old 08-11-2009, 03:37 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,335,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gone2long View Post
so true----very observant---especially in the beginning--she was in the hospital in a wheelchair--ready to deliver--asked him for an item from home--his response was quite rude and snotty

Disclaimer: I'm not pro-Jon...he's just as big an idiot as Kate. But he could very well have been reacting to the way she acted during the pregnancy. When his dad was late delivering bedridden Kate her lunch one day, bedridden Kate got her bedridden self out of bed and stormed into Jon's work and tore him a new one because her lunch was late. No, I don't remember the source...but this tidbit was all over the news early in this trainwreck.

Old 08-11-2009, 03:38 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,335,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
Whatever the reasons this show is still on, I feel sorry for the kids. They're thrust in the middle of a messy break up and someday I believe the parents will have to explain why they continued the program and allowed their personal problems to be broadcast.

For TLC, this is great press and big ratings, but for the family, it's a fail.
indeed.

Old 08-11-2009, 03:41 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,639,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunky View Post
Disclaimer: I'm not pro-Jon...he's just as big an idiot as Kate. But he could very well have been reacting to the way she acted during the pregnancy. When his dad was late delivering bedridden Kate her lunch one day, bedridden Kate got her bedridden self out of bed and stormed into Jon's work and tore him a new one because her lunch was late. No, I don't remember the source...but this tidbit was all over the news early in this trainwreck.
That's what got me started on feeling about Kate the way I do. None of that is necessary, and there is no excuse for that. Pregnancy, hormones, nada. She is what she is, and it starts with a b and ends with an h......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV