Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2009, 07:38 PM

2,969 posts, read 6,947,287 times

Advertisements

Her older girls are going into what, 3rd or 4th grade? I think it is irresponsible of her to not be more honest and straight up with them. She has no reason to wear her ring.....or she could switch it to her right hand.

Old 08-10-2009, 10:51 PM

484 posts, read 1,585,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post
Her older girls are going into what, 3rd or 4th grade? I think it is irresponsible of her to not be more honest and straight up with them. She has no reason to wear her ring.....or she could switch it to her right hand.
In my opinion, her ring excuse is bull crap. I think she won't take it off for her own personal reasons. From a psychology point of view, in her mind she just isn't over Jon. Plain and simple. She wears her ring because she sees it as a sense of false hope, to some extent. In my opinion, it doesn't have much to do with her kids-it has to do with her and where she's emotionally at right now with this whole divorce.

Old 08-11-2009, 05:00 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,955,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
What I took away from her interview on the Today show (I only saw the first part...not the second) was that when they announced she would be on later, they flashed her on the screen waiting in the green room and she had a big smile on her face. Suddenly, she remembered what her PR people told her...look humbled, look sad, be softspoken, etc...and her big smile suddenly turned to a "poor me" face.

I felt just like I feel when I watch the show...manipulated by what has become nothing more than a PR machine. Get over it, Kate. You are getting a divorce. Your husband is an idiot and you are now in charge of raising your kids. Welcome to what millions of other single mothers are going through, only they actually have to do it alone and on a smaller salary. You have PR people, money for a staff and loads of money and freebies rolling in. Your situation would be tragic if it had come out of the blue, but after 10 years of treating your husband like crap, he found someone who satisfies his need to pretend he's a teenager without a care in the world. His life is more pathetic than yours because he is trying to be someone he's not, but yours isn't any more tragic than anyone else who finds out their spouse isn't who they thought they were. The public backlash is going to get harsher soon and for your kids sake, it's time to pull the plug on this runaway train.
I agree with you 100%. And the Academy Award goes to.... KATE GOSSELIN !!! Kate was suddenly being soft spoken and humble. WTH ?? Honestly, I still do not feel very sorry for her. Her suddenly acting as if she was going to cry... please. I do think there is some distress in her life, divorce is not an easy thing to go through. However Katie, if you had acted like this soft spoken, loving humble person that you portrayed so well then you might not be alone now. She's acting as if her children are being sheltered from all of this, and trying to break it to them slowly, which she admits has given some of them false hope. But they are on television, being followed by the paparazzi, and having their parents living separate lives. Both of them need to knock off this charade, get back to their lives as PARENTS, and stop being reality tv stars. Tell the children the truth, they will understand it and live with it. Many do.

When she was asked very bluntly what part she played in this marriage ending, I noticed that her tone of voice changed slightly back to the real Kate, and she stumbled over her words. She went back to the "nobody's perfect" crap, but still did NOT take responsibility for being emotionally and verbally abusive to Jon. What Jon has done regarding his girlfriends is all on him being a foolish *ss, but she still will not admit that how she acted was wrong.

Part two shows Kate more as the REAL Kate. Her tone of voice was more the real Kate. No more "soft humble poor me, I'm a martyr and victim in all of this" actress. She is quick to point out that her brother and sister in law are making and income out of all of this, and are acting out of jealousy. Yet Kate considers exploiting her children for millions of dollars of cash and freebies a "job". She says this is healthy for her kids.

Old 08-11-2009, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baybook View Post
Honestly, if you were watching the show from the very begining, you would see John being just as (if not more) snippy towards Kate on many occasions, unprovoked.
I have watched the show from the very beginning. You're right, there were few occasions where Jon was a bit fed up with her for nit picking him for wanting a box put somewhere, etc. Most of that stuff was normal marital irritation between a husband and wife I think. But he should have kept that sort of thing private, as it was embarrassing for both of them. Later I noticed that he toned it down, and then became more quiet and passive. (some people here make fun of him for that , and actually make that as Kate's excuse for being a b*tch.) Perhaps he saw how stupid it looked on television and stopped behaving that way on camera, and decided to keep his trap shut, while Kate took over with the snippiness and verbal abuse.

Old 08-11-2009, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post
I agree. I was in 5th grade when my parents divorced. They fought for a couple of years and actually did a trial separation years before that. Then they got together for another two years, fought more, then divorced. The fighting, acting out etc was what hurt my brother and I the most. And they are forcing these kids to live this out in the public eye, which is the most irresponsible part of it all.

Old 08-11-2009, 07:50 AM

1,507 posts, read 3,134,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baybook View Post
Honestly, if you were watching the show from the very begining, you would see John being just as (if not more) snippy towards Kate on many occasions, unprovoked.

so true----very observant---especially in the beginning--she was in the hospital in a wheelchair--ready to deliver--asked him for an item from home--his response was quite rude and snotty

Old 08-11-2009, 07:58 AM

1,507 posts, read 3,134,562 times
kate stated that she now realizes the marriage would have ended even without the tv stress---THERE IS NO EXCUSE for the way her brother and sister in law behaved-----i wonder how many pro jon people would turn into stressed out,irritable wives if they were married to someone like him--i knew such a couple---she was so different when not around him--and after the divorce

Old 08-11-2009, 08:19 AM

2,340 posts, read 4,633,129 times
There were more than a few occasions. Let's be honest. That was John's MO at the start... nasty attitude for what appeared to be no reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegirl View Post
I have watched the show from the very beginning. You're right, there were few occasions where Jon was a bit fed up with her for nit picking him for wanting a box put somewhere, etc. Most of that stuff was normal marital irritation between a husband and wife I think. But he should have kept that sort of thing private, as it was embarrassing for both of them. Later I noticed that he toned it down, and then became more quiet and passive. (some people here make fun of him for that , and actually make that as Kate's excuse for being a b*tch.) Perhaps he saw how stupid it looked on television and stopped behaving that way on camera, and decided to keep his trap shut, while Kate took over with the snippiness and verbal abuse.

Old 08-11-2009, 08:36 AM

90 posts, read 177,087 times
Kate said yesterday on the Today show that her brother and sister-in-law are doing this for the money and they are making money off of her children. Last I checked, Kate is the one who said the show must go on and is advertising her children on TV. She also said her brother and Jody are jealous. Her brother and Jody are doing this for the children to get TLC to remove the show from the air which is what any normal human being who cares about children would do. Kate is in it for the money and is upset that her brother is making money from his interviews. I guess she wants her brother to give her the money that he is making???? Of course, she wants it all, money, money, money. Kate is not taking her children into consideration with being on air. She loves being the center of attention and that is why she is constantly on TV and magazines. She gives paparazzi every opportunity to take photos of her and be on camera. She should go out and get a real job and know what it's like to go to work and take care of a family. The reason she keeps her ring on is so that cameras can see her manicures and tan. Her fake tears were disgusting yesterday. The Oscar goes to KATE. I am sick of seeing her on TV and tabloids. Enough already. I blame TLC for continuing to flaunt the b---- on TV.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:21 AM

90 posts, read 177,087 times
The money the witch is getting can be better used to help the woman with no legs who has a father who is ill and a brother who is mentally challenged. They did only one show on this woman and TLC gave her no help whatsoever. She is living in a run down home, working as a mechanic to support herself and her family. Kate is so totally undeserving of any monetary compensation for having sextuplets. What is the basis of TLC in choosing families to get freebies and a show, is it good looks? I guess it is? TLC is not working against humanitarian causes. They are working on good looks and headlines. Obnoxious people sell I guess. I feel for people who are in need and get nothing. If TLC is supposed to be a learning channel, I guess they taught us that being a b---- is humanitarian and is a cause to rack in the money.

I have lost respect for TLC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV