Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2009, 09:21 AM

444 posts, read 799,727 times

Advertisements

Everybody has their favorite. Be it Kate or John. I am looking at how they are behaving NOW in regards to the whole seperation and eventual divorce. Do you think their kids don't see the tabloid covers at the store? Do you think the kids don't whisper to each other about what Daddy or Mommy are doing? Their show has been a major piece of their life for a very long time and I have to wonder if pulling the plug on the show AND having their parents divorce AND Daddy having his mid-life crisis would have been good to be dumped on them all at once. Maybe Kate was trying to keep some kind of normalcy in their lives for at least a little while longer??

Old 08-11-2009, 09:29 AM

90 posts, read 177,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mi~mi View Post
Everybody has their favorite. Be it Kate or John. I am looking at how they are behaving NOW in regards to the whole seperation and eventual divorce. Do you think their kids don't see the tabloid covers at the store? Do you think the kids don't whisper to each other about what Daddy or Mommy are doing? Their show has been a major piece of their life for a very long time and I have to wonder if pulling the plug on the show AND having their parents divorce AND Daddy having his mid-life crisis would have been good to be dumped on them all at once. Maybe Kate was trying to keep some kind of normalcy in their lives for at least a little while longer??

There is nothing normal with exploiting your children. The kids know what is going on they are not stupid. It's just Kate trying to keep viewers to watch the show. It's another one of her plots. The kids won't react if the show is taken off the air trust me. The kids might actually enjoy not having cameras in their faces all the time. It will cause Kate some problems though since she won't be in the limelight any more and will actually have to get a real job. Boo hoo, poor her, my heart is breaking - NOT!

Old 08-11-2009, 09:35 AM

444 posts, read 799,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingStandards View Post
There is nothing normal with exploiting your children. The kids know what is going on they are not stupid. It's just Kate trying to keep viewers to watch the show. It's another one of her plots. The kids won't react if the show is taken off the air trust me. It will cause Kate some problems though since she won't be in the limelight any more and will actually have to get a real job. Boo hoo, poor her, my heart is breaking - NOT!
I can only assume you are perfect and know all about raising 8 kids?? If you are going to scream exploitation, then all of the reality shows will go bye-bye. Not that I care about that.....
Have you divorced and know what the effects of that on children are? You know that normalcy means nothing???

I don't have 8 kids, so I can't throw stones because I don't know how I would cope and what I would be willing to do to put food on the table and clothes on their backs. That's alot of kids to try and find daycare for, let alone pay for it. Life is hard. We don't all do it the same.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:38 AM

4,253 posts, read 9,456,807 times
Quote:
Good point. The kids actually have not known any other life than that. I don't think they even have a point of reference to a normal life. They probably think all children grow with camera crews in their bedrooms, and all kids have their own pictures in magazines.

Just think of the Olsen twins, or Michael Jackson. A child celebrity grows up a bit off-kilt, with problems and getting used to millions in a bank account.

And that's how I see the 8 kids in the future - a bit troubled young people, some with drug troubles, some with oversized egos. Because the show is not going off the air any time soon, and likely will go on through their formative years.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:46 AM

90 posts, read 177,087 times
Quote:
I can only assume you are perfect and know all about raising 8 kids?? If you are going to scream exploitation, then all of the reality shows will go bye-bye. Not that I care about that.....
Have you divorced and know what the effects of that on children are? You know that normalcy means nothing???

I don't have 8 kids, so I can't throw stones because I don't know how I would cope and what I would be willing to do to put food on the table and clothes on their backs. That's alot of kids to try and find daycare for, let alone pay for it. Life is hard. We don't all do it the same.
I am not perfect and am divorced with children and they are fed and taken care of and am doing it on my own and have a job. I also take care of a total of 11 children on weekends. All women do it and Kate should not be honored for staying home because she gets freebies and all expenses paid and her acting like a Queen B. It is thanks to viewers and TLC that she is this spoiled. Kate is getting free nannies and maids. There is no comparison with us normal humans who work to support a family and take care of them too and all out-of-pocket to boot. The way I see it, you have kids, it is up to you to take care of them NOT exploit them to get free things and free money.

Last edited by LivingStandards; 08-11-2009 at 09:57 AM..

Old 08-11-2009, 10:23 AM

2,482 posts, read 6,535,161 times
Quote:

I heard a rumor that IF Kate takes any of her children to the grocery store (which is rare) she has her people call the store and ask them to either turn the rag mags over so they don't see the front or remove them from the check out stands. And she doesn't allow them to watch TV (public TV). So these kids are truly sheltered. I wonder about school because it will be starting again soon. I bet she pulls them out and either home schools or private. Unless they are in private now. Children are cruel to one another its a way of life....everyone has been through it. Kids say the darnest things and don't think before they speak. So the G kids are no different. I feel for them completely.

Old 08-11-2009, 11:08 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,955,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baybook View Post
There were more than a few occasions. Let's be honest. That was John's MO at the start... nasty attitude for what appeared to be no reason.
I am being honest. I'm sure he had plenty of reasons. She is quite irritating.

Old 08-11-2009, 11:24 AM

2,340 posts, read 4,633,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegirl View Post
I am being honest. I'm sure he had plenty of reasons. She is quite irritating.
But irritating or not, he married her. Slacker or not, she married him.

Old 08-11-2009, 11:28 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,188,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBlonde View Post
In my opinion, her ring excuse is bull crap. I think she won't take it off for her own personal reasons. From a psychology point of view, in her mind she just isn't over Jon. Plain and simple. She wears her ring because she sees it as a sense of false hope, to some extent. In my opinion, it doesn't have much to do with her kids-it has to do with her and where she's emotionally at right now with this whole divorce.
I agree. If she is being truthful with the kids, then keeping a ring on isn't going to help them deal with the split any more easily. I think it is for her own reasons. And that is fine, but she should just say "I'm not ready to take it off yet." and leave it at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingStandards View Post
The money the witch is getting can be better used to help the woman with no legs who has a father who is ill and a brother who is mentally challenged. They did only one show on this woman and TLC gave her no help whatsoever. She is living in a run down home, working as a mechanic to support herself and her family. Kate is so totally undeserving of any monetary compensation for having sextuplets. What is the basis of TLC in choosing families to get freebies and a show, is it good looks? I guess it is? TLC is not working against humanitarian causes. They are working on good looks and headlines. Obnoxious people sell I guess. I feel for people who are in need and get nothing. If TLC is supposed to be a learning channel, I guess they taught us that being a b---- is humanitarian and is a cause to rack in the money.

I have lost respect for TLC.
I agree, but TLC goes where the money is. J & K were very popular, so the show goes on the the sponsorships continue to roll in. I don't know of the other couple you mentioned. They apparently didn't get the viewership, and thus didn't get the advertisers. It's all about the $$. I have finally stopped watching. If they do a first day of kindergarten show, or something, I might watch it. But I'm tired of watching the 30 minute commercials for Coleman, the cabinet company, the crooked house builders, etc. I'm done with that.

Old 08-11-2009, 11:31 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,955,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LQQKOUT View Post
I heard a rumor that IF Kate takes any of her children to the grocery store (which is rare) she has her people call the store and ask them to either turn the rag mags over so they don't see the front or remove them from the check out stands. And she doesn't allow them to watch TV (public TV). So these kids are truly sheltered. I wonder about school because it will be starting again soon. I bet she pulls them out and either home schools or private. Unless they are in private now. Children are cruel to one another its a way of life....everyone has been through it. Kids say the darnest things and don't think before they speak. So the G kids are no different. I feel for them completely.
I feel for them too, and I wouldn't blame Kate for a second if she sheltered them from the tabloids. But... she also made this mess by allowing the show to continue, especially after all the marriage mess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV