Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2009, 06:05 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,501,220 times

Advertisements

Wow, ok, let's keep it PG - 13 here.

I wish that this show would permanently go off the air.

Old 08-05-2009, 09:48 PM

1,507 posts, read 3,133,695 times
wow---so much meaness,anger,directed towards a person----just don't watch the show----new to this thread--but it doesn't seem like a discussion just a -itch session directed towards one person-imo

Old 08-06-2009, 04:49 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,954,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gone2long View Post
wow---so much meaness,anger,directed towards a person----just don't watch the show----new to this thread--but it doesn't seem like a discussion just a -itch session directed towards one person-imo
Nothing personal, but when people come into a thread and start dishing out advice to "not watch a show, don't do this or that", it's quite frustrating. The same can be said that if the thread bothers someone, then they shouldn't read it. There are various points of view posted in this thread if you take the time to read it. Furthermore, Kate's behavior has been as you described towards posters here... "meaness and anger" towards her husband and anyone else that doesn't do what she wants, when she wants it for the past two - three years is why many people here don't like her, and express their point of view.

Back to the discussion, ajzjmsmom, I agree with a point you made. My father left my mother, brother and I back in the 70's when most women were still stay at home mom's and didn't have a lot of work experience. We had NOTHING, and my mother had two pre-teen kids to raise, get herself through college and work to support us. It was extremely difficult, but she did it.

Kate's whining and acting like a martyr when she has to do something by herself drives me nuts. She's a millionaire and a celebrity for crying out loud. I know what she's going through is painful and hard to adjust to, but she doesn't have to depend on Jon supporting those kids or to do anything else. She can hire someone to do things she can't or won't do, or she can continue to get her freebies, which a lot of women don't have the luxury of doing.

Kate needs to buck up and put her big girl pants on. She's in a much better position than most women going through divorce with kids. Yes Jon has been acting like a jerk lately, but she needs to grow up already, a lot of women go through it and live through it. She should definitely stop putting him down and acting like a witch, which is one of the contributing factors of her current situation. She also needs to remember that right now, those little kids LOVE their father and will resent her for acting like this.

Old 08-06-2009, 06:00 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gone2long View Post
Yes, Kate has shown more meanness and anger toward her own husband than any of us have shown to her. She is responsible for her situation.

Old 08-06-2009, 07:06 AM

4,264 posts, read 9,279,685 times
[quote=mainegirl;10137647]Nothing personal, but when people come into a thread and start dishing out advice to "not watch a show, don't do this or that", it's quite frustrating. The same can be said that if the thread bothers someone, then they shouldn't read it. There are various points of view posted in this thread if you take the time to read it. Furthermore, Kate's behavior has been as you described towards posters here... "meaness and anger" towards her husband and anyone else that doesn't do what she wants, when she wants it for the past two - three years is why many people here don't like her, and express their point of view.

Back to the discussion, ajzjmsmom, I agree with a point you made. My father left my mother, brother and I back in the 70's when most women were still stay at home mom's and didn't have a lot of work experience. We had NOTHING, and my mother had two pre-teen kids to raise, get herself through college and work to support us. It was extremely difficult, but she did it.

Kate's whining and acting like a martyr when she has to do something by herself drives me nuts. She's a millionaire and a celebrity for crying out loud. I know what she's going through is painful and hard to adjust to, but she doesn't have to depend on Jon supporting those kids or to do anything else. She can hire someone to do things she can't or won't do, or she can continue to get her freebies, which a lot of women don't have the luxury of doing.

Kate needs to buck up and put her big girl pants on. She's in a much better position than most women going through divorce with kids. Yes Jon has been acting like a jerk lately, but she needs to grow up already, a lot of women go through it and live through it. She should definitely stop putting him down and acting like a witch, which is one of the contributing factors of her current situation. She also needs to remember that right now, those little kids LOVE their father and will resent her for acting like this.[/quote]

I agree with you on this. When I dvorced my first husband I was careful not to slam him in front of them and as they grew older and he was absent from their lives by his choice they began to realize what a deadbeat he was all on their own. I just can't understand why Kate and some posters on here seem to think it is okay to belittle another person. To me Kate is a bully and she will bully anyone who will let her.

Old 08-06-2009, 10:20 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,954,669 times
[quote=ajzjmsmom;10138728]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegirl View Post
Nothing personal, but when people come into a thread and start dishing out advice to "not watch a show, don't do this or that", it's quite frustrating. The same can be said that if the thread bothers someone, then they shouldn't read it. There are various points of view posted in this thread if you take the time to read it. Furthermore, Kate's behavior has been as you described towards posters here... "meaness and anger" towards her husband and anyone else that doesn't do what she wants, when she wants it for the past two - three years is why many people here don't like her, and express their point of view.

Kate needs to buck up and put her big girl pants on. She's in a much better position than most women going through divorce with kids. Yes Jon has been acting like a jerk lately, but she needs to grow up already, a lot of women go through it and live through it. She should definitely stop putting him down and acting like a witch, which is one of the contributing factors of her current situation. She also needs to remember that right now, those little kids LOVE their father and will resent her for acting like this.[/quote]

I agree with you on this. When I dvorced my first husband I was careful not to slam him in front of them and as they grew older and he was absent from their lives by his choice they began to realize what a deadbeat he was all on their own. I just can't understand why Kate and some posters on here seem to think it is okay to belittle another person. To me Kate is a bully and she will bully anyone who will let her.
She'll learn her lesson the hard way. When the gravy train is gone and she can't make her millions off of exploiting her children anymore, and then someone she actually needs gets fed up and tells her exactly where to stick her attitude, she just might get it. Or perhaps it will take hubby # 2 leaving her.

Old 08-06-2009, 10:45 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
[quote=mainegirl;10141858]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post

She'll learn her lesson the hard way. When the gravy train is gone and she can't make her millions off of exploiting her children anymore, and then someone she actually needs gets fed up and tells her exactly where to stick her attitude, she just might get it. Or perhaps it will take hubby # 2 leaving her.
Hubby #2 = the world's stupidest man.

Old 08-06-2009, 01:03 PM

1,507 posts, read 3,133,695 times
it is never OK to belittle someone but it is better to find out why they are doing that--is it cause--a--they are getting belittled and put down behind closed doors or b they have been emotionally hurt by the person they belittled or c a variety of reasons ---many stemming from their own inner pain/insecurities

these people really need support and personal therapy to change

Old 08-06-2009, 01:07 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,337,304 times
someone sounds familiar. as if they just returned to pa.

Old 08-06-2009, 01:21 PM

8,815 posts, read 21,282,976 times

I really agree with you. I had turned on the show just to see what everyone was talking about & I thought that she seemed like an open and caring mom with eight well-behaved children . I was impressed by her, actually.
The husband seemed sort of loopy and very much in the distance.

But, neither one seemed like a terrible person. I really don't understand so much animosity toward total strangers.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.