Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2009, 09:58 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,667,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
First time setting up a tent?

I'm annoyed. They pretty much had a dream kitchen to begin with. It seems wasteful to me to tear out perfectly good cabinets. They could have added pull-out drawers to them w/o gutting the whole kitchen! I didn't see, but heard someone say on the show that they are getting new appliances. I hope not. They got new appliances when they moved in less than a year ago! I've been through a kitchen remodel w/ young kids and I didn't have the option to head to the beach for a week while they tore up my house!

And then, a 30 minute Coleman commercial. Why waste ALL that camping gear on a family that doesn't even camp??? I think I'll write to TLC and ask them to do a REAL camping episode, where they actually leave their back yard! I give Kate credit for at least trying to put up a tent. How nice for her to have a whole crew there to set up the big one for her. I felt a little bad that Maddy, in the interview chair, rolled her eyes and said it wasn't very good. It wasn't, but Maddy should appreciate the thought and the effort.

Maddy is mini-Kate.

Old 08-04-2009, 10:05 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,188,633 times
I just wrote to TLC and told them I'm unhappy that the show has become one big commercial, and suggested they give all that camping gear to a family who can't afford it and would actually leave their back yard to use it!

Old 08-04-2009, 10:26 AM

1,249 posts, read 2,462,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
Maddy is mini-Kate.

You got that right!

Cara didn't seem like her usual self. I think the divorce is taking it's toll on her.

Old 08-04-2009, 10:51 AM

23,874 posts, read 33,587,145 times
I missed the kitchen one but saw the camping; which looked like a Coleman commercial. lol

I give Kate credit for trying to put up a tent. I know men that can't do it.

I wonder if they will use the camping stuff; I can actually see Kate renting a motor home & bringing them on the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8doglove View Post
You got that right!

Cara didn't seem like her usual self. I think the divorce is taking it's toll on her.
Cara is a daddy's girl; it's going to be the hardest on her..

Especially if Mr Wonderful doesn't make time to take each kid out by themselves.. which he should do since he is not working and not with them 24/7

Old 08-04-2009, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I missed the kitchen one but saw the camping; which looked like a Coleman commercial. lol

I give Kate credit for trying to put up a tent. I know men that can't do it.

I wonder if they will use the camping stuff; I can actually see Kate renting a motor home & bringing them on the road.
I can't. Maybe if the RV is free and TLC "makes" her to shoot the "reality" show. And sends along the whole production staff to empty the tanks for her.

Old 08-04-2009, 01:19 PM

1,961 posts, read 4,386,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8doglove View Post
H John's still a jerk....I have to admire Kate for staying with her kids, enjoys doing stuff with them. For all her faults, at least she's living up to her responsibilities.
I did not watch the show last night so I can't say. But I do feel that it is hard to say that Kate does so much more, and Jon does nothing based on a brief episode. I know it is hard to believe, but those 30-60 minute episodes really don't give one as much insight into how much one person is "parenting" based on simply watching the episodes.

Old 08-04-2009, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easternerDC View Post
I did not watch the show last night so I can't say. But I do feel that it is hard to say that Kate does so much more, and Jon does nothing based on a brief episode. I know it is hard to believe, but those 30-60 minute episodes really don't give one as much insight into how much one person is "parenting" based on simply watching the episodes.
I agree. Just a snap shot. Plus, Jon was the one who said he wasn't all that happy doing the show anymore. Maybe he won't be on as much just for that reason.

Old 08-04-2009, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I agree. Just a snap shot. Plus, Jon was the one who said he wasn't all that happy doing the show anymore. Maybe he won't be on as much just for that reason.
not at you..
Funny, he didn't like doing it with Kate IMO.
He had to run home from his last vacation for filming.

Jon is full of it.

Old 08-04-2009, 04:10 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,921,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
Maddy is mini-Kate.
i agree 100% on maddy, as she is the bossiest of the children and the most critical. her sister still seems pretty sweet and the little ones as well. i won't be watching anymore because the whole show has lost the charm that it had in the beginning, when it really was about a family. wasn't the whole family nice in the very beginning? kate even seemed thoughtful then. now the situations seem contrived, the emotions seem contrived, and nobody seems happy.

i guess i will have to watch cake boss, little couple, or whatever that "thick as thieves" show is for reality TV.

Old 08-04-2009, 04:26 PM

The other sextuplet show on WE TV is decent.

FWIW, being head strong isn't a bad thing. I've always heard Jackie O was head strong.

As far as Maddie, it very well could have been the stress of her parents marriage.
It could also end up being a hormone imbalance. Yes, even that young.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV