Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2009, 01:49 PM

2,212 posts, read 5,154,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
I continue to be perplexed at those who oppose Jon going out or going out with whomever on the days he's not allowed in his own home. As long as he continues to act like a responsible father when he's with his children, I couldn't care less what he does when away from them.

Kids know things and if lied to they become confused. She loves playing the martyr.
Yep, Kate's PR people told her that she needs to "soften her image" and hopefully those of us who endured her horrid, emasculating comments to Jon over the years during their interviews would forget the REAL Kate. Not going to happen...I have a LONG memory!

As for Jon...I could care less. What I think is pathetic is his mid-life crisis behavior, his desire to start his own clothing line (based on what...his time working at the Gap when he was a teenager?), and most importantly, it was Jon who said, "I don't want my kids to Google me when they're grown up." Hmmm...

It started out as a nice, slightly overwhelmed family who found themselves in extraordinary circumstances. There was a time when they worked together, that they had signs on their cabinets with bible verses on them, when they were honestly appreciative of the gifts sent to them by total strangers who were fans of the show. What it's developed into is one long infomercial with one company or another getting free airtime and publicity as long as the Gosselins receive yet another free gift. It's the parents pretending to be people they aren't. It's the kids having to be paraded around to different events in order to be in the public eye while the camera catches them asking their daddy, "why have you been gone?" or Kate admitting that her children have called her by their babysitter's name. The Gosselins aren't celebrities. They are famous for nothing...neither is a great parent, neither is a great cook, neither has any advice to contribute to the rest of us. They are the parent equivalent of Paris Hilton or the Kardashians...only good for putting their faces in whatever camera lense happens to be pointed at them at that moment. Life has become one large media blitz and they are milking it for every drop they can, then complaining about the paparazzi all while ensuring they get a great shot of so-called family time.

Old 08-10-2009, 01:54 PM

2,212 posts, read 5,154,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
Man, are you harsh. But you are 100% correct. Kate caused her husband to roll.......but now Jon's off being an a$$hole instead of just laying low and at least trying to have his kids as his No. 1 focus. Kate just needs to reprioritize her life instead of being an attention *****. Same with Jon.
Well, I don't put the blame specifically on either one of them...they are both idiots and are in serious need of having a can of whoop ass opened on them. They are so focused on themselves that they forget that their kids are going to suffer enormously. Neither of them are mature enough to stop the gravy train so TLC is going to have to pull the plug. Surely there is something else to show on TLC...Jon and Kate should not be rewarded further for their bad behavior.

Old 08-10-2009, 04:28 PM

1,507 posts, read 3,134,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seven of nine View Post
Responsible PARENTS
protect their children
respect their vows
die to themselves.

Old 08-10-2009, 04:32 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,188,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
No one cares if she got a new kitchen. They have earned enough money to pay for it. The problem I have (as do most of us here on this thread) is that she says these things are "for the kids." Get a kitchen if you want. Heck, get whatever you want. Just be truthful enough to say that having a nice kitchen will make your life easier or that you want a new kitchen because you spend so much time in it. Stop with the "for the kids" line when kids just need your time and love, and that can be given whether you are in a state-of-the-art kitchen or a kitchen that hasn't been redone since the 60s.
they didn't pay for it. It was offered to them.

Old 08-10-2009, 05:05 PM

2,340 posts, read 4,633,129 times
Honestly, if you were watching the show from the very begining, you would see John being just as (if not more) snippy towards Kate on many occasions, unprovoked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegirl View Post
You admit you just tuned into the show. If you had been watching it for the past few seasons, you would know why people have such animosity towards her. She has a history of being mean and rude to people, to include her own father and his church, which gave her a baby shower. I'd be loopy and in the distance too if I had a spouse that treated me the way she has treated her husband. He used to speak back to her when she would put him down on television, but she would escalate it, and make an *ss out of herself. Perhaps Jon got fed up and distanced himself, as many people do when they are unhappy.

Also, regarding the stranger comment, we may not know her personally, but she decided to go onto television and allow cameras into her home to tape many hours of hers and her children's lives, and she has become rich off of being a reality star. When you do something like that, then people are going to have opinions about you. Go to any forum or news story that has Jon and Kate as a discussion topic. MANY people are disgusted with her.

In general, what baffles me is the double standard people have regarding verbal and emotional abuse. Women have made huge strides (and rightly so) over the decades to be strong and not take crap from people. But people applaud women like Kate Gosselin for being abusive towards her husband because in their opinion he's lazy, passive etc etc. So the guy becomes passive and distant. Again, a double standard. He could have turned the opposite and become violent.

I don't agree with him handling this situation with mid life crisis behavior at all, but I still feel that there is a big time double standard going on, and that she has brought on the public anger towards her by herself.

Old 08-10-2009, 05:58 PM

2,969 posts, read 6,947,287 times
I saw Kate on the Today show and I thought she appeared extremely insincere.

Old 08-10-2009, 06:02 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,426,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
wow---so much meaness,anger,directed towards a person----just don't watch the show----new to this thread--but it doesn't seem like a discussion just a -itch session directed towards one person-imo

I really agree with you. I had turned on the show just to see what everyone was talking about & I thought that she seemed like an open and caring mom with eight well-behaved children . I was impressed by her, actually.
The husband seemed sort of loopy and very much in the distance.

But, neither one seemed like a terrible person. I really don't understand so much animosity toward total strangers.
How many years have you been watching?

Old 08-10-2009, 06:17 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,426,444 times

Start at 5:21

Sorry if this was already posted, but this is classic Kate.

Old 08-10-2009, 06:25 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,462,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post
I saw Kate on the Today show and I thought she appeared extremely insincere.

Now see, I saw the same interview and I thought she appeared extremely sincere. I thought her tears were real and her words relatable. I thought it was touching and very understandable that she is keeping her wedding rings on.

If she was acting on the Today show this morning she deserves an Oscar.

Old 08-10-2009, 06:50 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,170,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8doglove View Post
Now see, I saw the same interview and I thought she appeared extremely sincere. I thought her tears were real and her words relatable. I thought it was touching and very understandable that she is keeping her wedding rings on.

If she was acting on the Today show this morning she deserves an Oscar.
she probably has her sights on an Emmy, fer shure
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV