Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2017, 06:37 AM

5,520 posts, read 7,112,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post
It's interesting checking out all the polls on BB19. The majority of voters want an upset, with Josh winning part 3 of the last HOH and choosing to take Christmas with him to final 2. Then wanting Josh for the win. They are also voting for Cody to win AFP. It should be interesting to see what actually happens on Wednesday night.

I wonder if I will be hearing a lot of cheering and guns going off in my neighborhood if Josh wins !!!

And rioting in the streets if Paul wins ???
I would love that. Paul comes in third place, wins no money, and watches Cody get AFP. That would make the season somewhat enjoyable.

On the flip side of that, CBS could feel sorry for Paul for not winning and force us to endure him on the Amazing Race.

And then they would rig that too.
Any time Paul's team came in last place it would be a non elimination leg.
Paul would always get the fastest, English speaking taxis.
The teams would spend a week in Armenia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2017, 07:27 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,111,956 times
Agreed, Tom. CBS loves Paul. I'm not sure why, he's not a very charismatic or amiable guy, IMO.

Paul is one of the best BB players we've ever seen. But I don't find him particularly likable.

Old 09-19-2017, 07:36 AM

1,659 posts, read 1,658,885 times
I thought the object of the game was to outplay, manipulate and be one step ahead, which Paul has done. Paul has certainly played a better game than anyone this year and deserves the win. I don't get the Paul hate and certainly not the Cody as a poor victim that some seem to prescribe to. He played a lousy game, was moody as hell and ultimately a nonfactor in the game.

Old 09-19-2017, 08:07 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,336,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
I would love that. Paul comes in third place, wins no money, and watches Cody get AFP. That would make the season somewhat enjoyable.
I think they all get a weekly $750 stipend (unless you come in 1st or 2nd), so if you come in third, that should be around $9,000?

How Much Are 'Big Brother 18' Houseguests Paid? Stipends & Prize Money Make For A Profitable Summer

Old 09-19-2017, 08:11 AM

3,929 posts, read 2,954,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986pacecar View Post
I thought the object of the game was to outplay, manipulate and be one step ahead, which Paul has done. Paul has certainly played a better game than anyone this year and deserves the win. I don't get the Paul hate and certainly not the Cody as a poor victim that some seem to prescribe to. He played a lousy game, was moody as hell and ultimately a nonfactor in the game.
People (myself included) feel that Paul was given advantages by production because he was ultimately who they wanted to win. I don't know how much truth there is to this, but according to another forum, Paul was fed answers through an ear piece for some of the comps. Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if that were true. I think a lot of what we saw this season just proved what I have already known about reality game shows...they are scripted and the outcome is already decided before the show even airs. Too many things that add up to production handing Paul this win. He knew three people prior to coming in this house (so they were possible plants to help him win), he was given safety for three weeks...

Old 09-19-2017, 08:20 AM

794 posts, read 1,325,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
People (myself included) feel that Paul was given advantages by production because he was ultimately who they wanted to win. I don't know how much truth there is to this, but according to another forum, Paul was fed answers through an ear piece for some of the comps. Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if that were true. I think a lot of what we saw this season just proved what I have already known about reality game shows...they are scripted and the outcome is already decided before the show even airs. Too many things that add up to production handing Paul this win. He knew three people prior to coming in this house (so they were possible plants to help him win), he was given safety for three weeks...

I think I read on here that Christmas used to work for his mother but who are the other two?

Old 09-19-2017, 08:26 AM

3,929 posts, read 2,954,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_widget View Post
I think I read on here that Christmas used to work for his mother but who are the other two?
Raven and the blonde who is a morning radio host.

Old 09-19-2017, 08:40 AM

4,882 posts, read 5,015,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
Not to mention, the in our face advantages; 3 weeks of immunity and the "Friendship bracelets". I know it was said that America voted the 3 week immunity, but I will suspect all of Americas' vote on BB. The "Friendship bracelets" helped him create an instant alliance.

Old 09-19-2017, 10:09 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,461,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Agreed, Tom. CBS loves Paul. I'm not sure why, he's not a very charismatic or amiable guy, IMO.

Paul is one of the best BB players we've ever seen. But I don't find him particularly likable.
I think they love him because he's cooperative. He will go along. He won't buck them. Will Kirby used to burst out in song just to mess with the live feeds; he made it clear enough he didn't give a rip what the Grod Squad thought of him. When they script their unscripted 'reality,' they need at least some tractable cast members.

Old 09-19-2017, 10:33 AM

5,520 posts, read 7,112,574 times
You also have to consider the fact that Paul is playing with a bunch of nit wits. They're not all on the same playing field.

It's like throwing an Honors student in a Special Ed class. Then saying "look how wonderfully he performed? He's the best of the bunch".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV