Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2017, 11:32 AM

2,936 posts, read 2,334,944 times

Advertisements

I've said this before and I'll say again, the biggest issue with Paul is that without the 3 weeks of safety he would been evicted by Cody that first week. Backdoored and gone. The ONLY reason he is still around to play the game is because of production. If he wins he should get an * next to his name.

I will admit that if you ignore how he got to stay he has played a decent game but it is hard to tell since the other HG have been so lackluster as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2017, 11:58 AM

1,040 posts, read 1,078,003 times
Originally Posted by 1986pacecar View Post

I thought the object of the game was to outplay, manipulate and be one step ahead, which Paul has done. Paul has certainly played a better game than anyone this year and deserves the win. I don't get the Paul hate and certainly not the Cody as a poor victim that some seem to prescribe to. He played a lousy game, was moody as hell and ultimately a nonfactor in the game.
----------------------------------------------------------------- (Sorry, the "quote" thing doesn't work for me)

I absolutely agree with your opinion. Unfortunately, we are in the minority. I don't like Paul or hate him but there is no way he is going to get the credit he should for his game play unless he wins at the end. People still won't give him credit but he will have the money to show for it.

Cody definitely isn't a victim although he is being portrayed that way. Makes me sick to think he will most likely win AFP.

As far as knowing some of the houseguests before Paul came in, I don't know if the Christmas story is true but Raven just met him at one of his concerts. Heck, Kevin met Derrick before the game and things like this have been mentioned other seasons. As far as it being easy for Paul because the other HGs were idiots. Since idiots can do stupid things he did have to work at getting them to do everything HE wanted.

Yes, I do think there were times BB helped Paul like in the beginning with the 3 week save. However, he had to be thinking about the game 24/7 to figure out who to keep an eye on, which conversations to listen in on, figure out who would be best to go on the block, which comps to try and win and which ones to throw to his advantage, who to tell the truth to and who to lie to, figure out how to convince others to evict other people and on and on. He managed to get through the whole game and not be on the block even once.

Think back over the whole show and try to imagine what it would have been like with all those people and no Paul. It would have been soooooo boring. None of them could make decisions for themselves. It would have been Cody picking them off one by one instead. Thing is Cody had no social game and the worst personality. What kept everyone talking this season is their hate towards Paul and his game right up to the very end. People kept watching each week hoping this would be the week Paul was sent packing.

Regardless, it is always fun to read all the different opinions. I am so glad it is coming to an end.

Old 09-19-2017, 01:41 PM

3,929 posts, read 2,953,990 times
Sure Paul had more game then the other houseguests, but that isn't really saying much, since they had none whatsoever. I honestly did not like one person in this house save for Kevin. The house was boring with Paul. Every week it was the same ol same ol with everyone doing and saying whatever Paul wanted. Boring. It would have been more exciting if the show had actually cast people who at least tried to play the game. I was done with the show once Jason made those awful comments and the show never responded or kicked him out. Plenty of people bombarded CBS BB twitter and other social media with complaints about how distasteful that was how he should have been removed. They ignored it.

I like the premise of the show, but this season was such a total waste of time. Paul is going to win, because Grodner wanted it that way.

And Paul having known people before the show does make a difference. He knew Christmas (she worked for his mother) and Raven (they met at his concert and hung out a few times after) and the big lipped blonde (she met him at events for music and radio according to another site). Kevin met Derrick, but Derrick wasn't in the house playing the game. Big difference. I personally think they were plants to help his "game".

Old 09-19-2017, 02:10 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times
Agree 100%, Fluid. Grodner set this season up for a deep run by paul, and hoped for a Paul win. This is one of the most boring season I can remember. And I feel like CBS cheated us out of our guilty pleasure by doing so.

I am a BB fanatic. Normally I spend at least an hour a day reading updates on the various live feed sites, and posting on BB forums and Facebook groups. But this year, I was not very engaged at all. Very little GAME PLAY drama (that childish trolling from Josh and Paul and the gang doesn't count). I didn't spend much time on the forums talking about BB at all. Normally I would be on pins and needles waiting for updates on who won a comp or nominations, I'd be refreshing a LFU site like crazy. Not this year, didn't care much at all.

Normally I'll watch BBAD at least two or three times a week on DVR if I read something juicy happened. I think I watched BBAD once this season.

On a scale from 1-10, 10 being obsessed with BB...I'm usually at like a 9. But this summer I was at about a 5 the whole way through. Overall, just not a very memorable season. 10 years from now, people will be like "remember that season when Paul fooled all those idiots?" "Yeah." And that will be it LOL.

Big Brother is normally "magical" for me, it's my favorite show, I look forward to it every year. But it really disappointed this year.

Last edited by skins_fan82; 09-19-2017 at 02:22 PM..

Old 09-19-2017, 03:43 PM

3,983 posts, read 5,015,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Agree 100%, Fluid. Grodner set this season up for a deep run by paul, and hoped for a Paul win. This is one of the most boring season I can remember. And I feel like CBS cheated us out of our guilty pleasure by doing so.

I am a BB fanatic. Normally I spend at least an hour a day reading updates on the various live feed sites, and posting on BB forums and Facebook groups. But this year, I was not very engaged at all. Very little GAME PLAY drama (that childish trolling from Josh and Paul and the gang doesn't count). I didn't spend much time on the forums talking about BB at all. Normally I would be on pins and needles waiting for updates on who won a comp or nominations, I'd be refreshing a LFU site like crazy. Not this year, didn't care much at all.

Normally I'll watch BBAD at least two or three times a week on DVR if I read something juicy happened. I think I watched BBAD once this season.

On a scale from 1-10, 10 being obsessed with BB...I'm usually at like a 9. But this summer I was at about a 5 the whole way through. Overall, just not a very memorable season. 10 years from now, people will be like "remember that season when Paul fooled all those idiots?" "Yeah." And that will be it LOL.

Big Brother is normally "magical" for me, it's my favorite show, I look forward to it every year. But it really disappointed this year.
Oh, Skins, you're singing my lamentation! I really can't add anything to this post because I feel the exact same way. I have the live feeds and other than a few blowouts, it was the Paul Show. He even stopped doing the Friendship Hour, which used to be entertaining because he would share his gameplay but alas, predictable and boring. Magical...what a great way to describe my anticipation of each new cast every summer. When, oh when, will they listen to US????

Old 09-19-2017, 04:59 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,857,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
I've said this before and I'll say again, the biggest issue with Paul is that without the 3 weeks of safety he would been evicted by Cody that first week. Backdoored and gone. The ONLY reason he is still around to play the game is because of production. If he wins he should get an * next to his name.

I will admit that if you ignore how he got to stay he has played a decent game but it is hard to tell since the other HG have been so lackluster as well.
Paul isn't the only one that got a helping hand from production. There were many temptations that helped out other houseguests. Paul was just the best at utilizing those opportunities. Cody was evicted and still got back into the house. If any of the other houseguests have gotten 3 weeks of safety would they have been able to make it to the finals? Even 3 weeks of safety can't save a passive or dumb player from being evicted the 4th or following weeks. I don't think he deserves a *. Whoever wins deserves it because there were plenty of opportunities to get rid of all of them but somehow they pulled off making it this far.

Old 09-19-2017, 09:12 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,078,003 times
You could even say Cody was helped by production when he was playing to get back into the house. Instead of having a brand new competition when he played the final competition (against Paul) they used the same one Cody had already played. He had an advantage because by playing it previously, he was able to figure how to balance it in order to win.

I believe BB really wanted him back in the house to create more drama.

Old 09-19-2017, 09:22 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,334,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj10 View Post
You could even say Cody was helped by production when he was playing to get back into the house. Instead of having a brand new competition when he played the final competition (against Paul) they used the same one Cody had already played. He had an advantage because by playing it previously, he was able to figure how to balance it in order to win.

I believe BB really wanted him back in the house to create more drama.
To me that's not on the same level as the 3 week safety, they always bring someone back and using favorable comps happens every season, especially with endurance ones. I guess my hang up is all of that is normal big brother manipulation but 3 weeks of unearned safety is a game changer, and it'd bother me if any HG got it, not just because it went to Paul.

Old 09-19-2017, 11:32 PM

4,902 posts, read 4,216,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
I would love that. Paul comes in third place, wins no money, and watches Cody get AFP. That would make the season somewhat enjoyable.

On the flip side of that, CBS could feel sorry for Paul for not winning and force us to endure him on the Amazing Race.

And then they would rig that too.
Any time Paul's team came in last place it would be a non elimination leg.
Paul would always get the fastest, English speaking taxis.
The teams would spend a week in Armenia
I would love to see him on Survivor.

Old 09-20-2017, 06:16 AM

5,521 posts, read 7,109,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longneckone View Post
I would love to see him on Survivor.
Nah, he would have his shirt off most of the time and I couldn't bare to look at his hideous tattoos!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV