Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2019, 08:01 AM

1,074 posts, read 646,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I was actually surprised that Mike took Caelynn on the date - I thought he and Tayshia would look cute - I liked her a lot. JPJ was always a little different on The Bachelorette - but this show shows me he was less of a nerd and socially awkward and more of a surfer dude - she compares him to a Heath Ledger - I think he's more like a Spicolli.

I was never a Cam fan but I do hope he can find someone - hey Evan did and no one was more awkward than Evan - now look at how happy they are!
Just what I was thinking, except that I was a Cam fan. I thought they painted him to look like a bad guy when he wasn't. As much as I HEART big Mike, I was kind of mad at him about that (on Bachelorette Hannah).
Anyway, yes, I hope Cam finds love.
Chris and Katie are an odd match to me, but I think she ends up with Demi anyway (??? looks like her in the clips).
Chris in fact is an odd match with almost anyone. I have always seen him as an alcoholic. He has that look in the eye area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2019, 08:21 AM

49,926 posts, read 60,237,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshaBrady1968 View Post

I have always seen him as an alcoholic. He has that look in the eye area.
He must have something wrong because to look that much like Gerard Butler but not have a partner yet is unusual.

Old 08-15-2019, 12:21 PM

27,223 posts, read 46,895,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
He must have something wrong because to look that much like Gerard Butler but not have a partner yet is unusual.
He is not bad looking but what he is missing and Gerard Butler does have is, Charisma, which Chris is not having a large dose of.

Cam can be the next "Evan", I agree with others as right now they make Cam look like he is getting depressed.

Old 08-15-2019, 01:37 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,656,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
Seems like for women there’s a fine line between being a nice guy and being manly (confident/assertive). You want to be a nice guy, but not a pushover.

If you want to have a successful relationship, please don't generalize about what "women" want. We're all individual human beings, just like men are, and we all want different things. Find out what the specific woman you're dating wants, and do that - but only if what she wants comes naturally to you.

Old 08-15-2019, 01:58 PM

11,995 posts, read 5,928,542 times
I didn't take offense to that poster's statement. As a woman - I always looked for someone that would protect me and defend my honor - but to be truthful - the couple of times my DH went to protect my honor - I held him back - the fact that he'd do it was enough for me.

Most women do want a manly man - let's be honest. Just from my own kids' experiences - the nice guy who is short of stature and doesn't appear a threat has a much harder time attracting woman than the one who's 6"4" and built like a defensive back. Most men who aren't assertive or confident have a much harder time finding a woman.

Old 08-15-2019, 04:12 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,944,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
If you want to have a successful relationship, please don't generalize about what "women" want. We're all individual human beings, just like men are, and we all want different things. Find out what the specific woman you're dating wants, and do that - but only if what she wants comes naturally to you.
Calm down....it was a light-hearted comment, half-joking

Old 08-15-2019, 04:40 PM

8,239 posts, read 10,763,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshaBrady1968 View Post
Just what I was thinking, except that I was a Cam fan. I thought they painted him to look like a bad guy when he wasn't. As much as I HEART big Mike, I was kind of mad at him about that (on Bachelorette Hannah).
Anyway, yes, I hope Cam finds love.
Chris and Katie are an odd match to me, but I think she ends up with Demi anyway (??? looks like her in the clips).
Chris in fact is an odd match with almost anyone. I have always seen him as an alcoholic. He has that look in the eye area.
Except for that time when he thought he was being sent home and pulled a sob story out of his butt just so Hannah would feel bad and keep him.

Old 08-15-2019, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
Except for that time when he thought he was being sent home and pulled a sob story out of his butt just so Hannah would feel bad and keep him.
Not sure if that was or wasn’t a sob story. I believe that the moment to tell her was bad timing and some people can say exactly the same and it will be received as great timing. Cam is not the person who could pull that off on the show, at any time.

Cam needs a special person who sees Cam for who Cam is.

Anneliese who left pretty quick and has been a regular on the shows and never seems to learn from her mistakes, might be better off with someone like Cam.

Old 08-20-2019, 12:18 PM

So maybe someone can help me to understand why a man like Derek is willing to see what Demi will decide?

Demi is into women, which she is honest about, and is having mixed feelings about Derek and/or her girlfriend back home.

Why did the show allow a female who is in a relationship to be on this show while men who had girlfriends were called out for not being "completely single"?

Old 08-20-2019, 04:30 PM

2,066 posts, read 907,880 times
Very good … and interesting … question.

My only guess is … "Ratings"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV