Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2019, 03:03 PM

1,074 posts, read 642,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
As far as we saw - Demi was transparent to only a couple of people. I see producer driven drama. Many girls didn't like Demi on The Bachelor because of the way she pushed herself on Colton and I was surprised there was no animosity between her and some of the girls on Paradise. Demi was actually quite upset when Colton told her to leave as she thought she was "the one". Either he dodged a bullet or it was another producer driven plot for drama.

The girl is not stupid and despite her age - she knew long ago that she's bisexual - this isn't her first rodeo with a woman. Now I'm glad she found happiness - I actually liked her on Paradise but it isn't fair to Derrick who did come there to find love. She should have chosen to leave rather than put Derrick in such an awkward position.

Again - is this all a farce tho - another story line for less than intelligent watchers to believe. Being how quickly Kristian freed up her own schedule and flew down there - I'm betting it was set up from the beginning - I only hope Derrick is a good actor and was in on it.
Agree with all. Definitely set up from the beginning or why would Demi have given Kristian's name on TV when asked? And kept saying her name and talking about her.
Derek is the sweetest. I hated to see him upset and hope that part was faked. I feel like he and Jen might be cute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2019, 05:17 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,738,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
I just can't deal with her. She looks like a 12-year-old who's been playing in her Mama's wigs.

So many other people on the show aren't getting any air time. Oh well ...
I like her a lot but then again I am a guy and shallow

Old 08-21-2019, 08:38 PM

3,305 posts, read 3,038,244 times
For the past few years, I've looked forward to this show every summer. It was generally fun and light and I enjoyed the humor and the actual relationships that developed. Sadly, this season is the end for me. It has been so contentious, the cast seem bitter and cranky, there's no one who has an amusing take on things, no running humor as in past seasons, and even Wells hardly shows up. I'm done.

Old 08-22-2019, 04:06 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,309,424 times
This is the worst season of "Crying in Paradise." They should really rename it that, because everyone is always crying, even the men! Wasting our time with Demi and her inability to choose who she wants. They are breaking their own rules by letting Demi carry on with Kristian. That Kristian chick should not be allowed to be at Paradise with Demi, they should just both leave. And return the show to the contestants on Bachelor and Bachelorette to try to "find love." All though I believe a lot of them on this show are just trying to "find sex." Like Blake. He has to get to every single woman to add to his collection.

I wish they would bring in some more new people and focus on them for a change. Make it fun again, and enough with all the crying already! I wouldn't doubt in the next episode if they have Well's and Chris Harrison both crying at the bar. And then a chair reaction of all the men crying as they get drunker and drunker. Then all the women crying. Then the crabs and seagulls.

Old 08-23-2019, 05:14 PM

My post above, it should have read "a chain reaction" not a "chair". I don't know how I did that. I hate typo's. Most people don't care. But I do. lol

Old 08-23-2019, 10:57 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,826,066 times
This season has been he opposite of the past few that were funny and fun. This season has been boring and depressing. I don't care who or what Demi chooses but it all seemed very scripted and more fake than usual.

I do feel bad for Derek, I always liked him and he seems to end up with the women that have issues. Most of the time the cast looks bored on the beach and the amount of crying is non-stop. Caelynn has shown her mean girl tendencies that we saw on Coulton's season. Homeless Dean who lives in a van seems to be the only one enjoying Paradise. Stick a fork in it!

Old 08-27-2019, 12:06 PM

27,219 posts, read 46,804,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyinca View Post
This season has been he opposite of the past few that were funny and fun. This season has been boring and depressing. I don't care who or what Demi chooses but it all seemed very scripted and more fake than usual.

I do feel bad for Derek, I always liked him and he seems to end up with the women that have issues. Most of the time the cast looks bored on the beach and the amount of crying is non-stop. Caelynn has shown her mean girl tendencies that we saw on Coulton's season. Homeless Dean who lives in a van seems to be the only one enjoying Paradise. Stick a fork in it!
Dean looks so weird with the mustache. I didn't know he lives in his Van.

The new girl that was voted off as far as I expect (my recording started to go in and out, only during the rose ceremony so I couldn't see who JPJ chose) to be voted off...the one with the difficult name and who was sweating a lot and very immature and very annoying, will hopefully not seen again on the franchise.

To me it is interesting to hear how viewers that I know, who never watched the Bachelor or Bachelorette, over the last few years, and how their opinion about the contestants is different than the people who watch both shows.

Some contestants have been different now then on their first appearance. Kristina is one of them that now comes across so different than on the Bachelor.

Old 08-27-2019, 09:44 PM

5,592 posts, read 8,419,262 times
I don't remember much about Derek from previous seasons, but he seems like a nice guy, a non-player. However, I do believe that he made those statements to JPJ (bragging about hooking up with his followers). He didn't deny saying it. And when he did try to defend it, he said yes, he talked to JPJ about getting together after BIP and being able to enjoy the "the fruits of all this". I think that was just a more polite way of saying the same thing JPJ said.

Yeah, this season is awful. The Demi/Kristian thing. Bringing in Collin or whatever his name is, conveniently right after he made out with Caelynn. Oh but now that that's happened, let's bring Dean back! And let's also bring in Angela to mess up things between Clay and Nicole. Ridiculous.

Glad to see Goose and Krystal found happiness. I didn't like either one of them, but she sure looked stunning.

Old 08-28-2019, 01:58 AM

The Producers keep bringing people in to cause trouble. They do it for "ratings." I am finding it really boring and hope that next season is much better like it used to be and a lot less crying. Way too many tears in this last episode. I think I saw a tear on one of the geckos(or whatever it was) before it ran off really fast.

Old 08-28-2019, 07:37 AM

49,927 posts, read 60,037,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
I don't remember much about Derek from previous seasons, but he seems like a nice guy, a non-player. However, I do believe that he made those statements to JPJ (bragging about hooking up with his followers). He didn't deny saying it. And when he did try to defend it, he said yes, he talked to JPJ about getting together after BIP and being able to enjoy the "the fruits of all this". I think that was just a more polite way of saying the same thing JPJ said.

Yeah, this season is awful. The Demi/Kristian thing. Bringing in Collin or whatever his name is, conveniently right after he made out with Caelynn. Oh but now that that's happened, let's bring Dean back! And let's also bring in Angela to mess up things between Clay and Nicole. Ridiculous.

Glad to see Goose and Krystal found happiness. I didn't like either one of them, but she sure looked stunning.
I never thought Chris and Krystal would last, but I guess I was wrong! I'm glad they are happy. I did notice that Krystal seems to have dropped that vocal affectation she used to have. (Skip to about 1:22 in this video):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhHxN4TFLPw

I don't know what to make of JPJ. I didn't see his season of the Bachelorette. I always viewed Derek as a good guy but his hooking up with groupies does seem a bit different from making a connection with Tayshia. I mean, the whole point of the show is to hook up with someone, and she came for him. If I were JPJ I would be upset with Tayshia, not Derek.

I thought it was hilarious how Caelynn miraculously got all giddy when Connor walked up right in the middle of her crying about Dean.

I'm ready for Big Mike to get some air time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV