Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2019, 06:38 AM

8,239 posts, read 10,758,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
So maybe someone can help me to understand why a man like Derek is willing to see what Demi will decide?

Demi is into women, which she is honest about, and is having mixed feelings about Derek and/or her girlfriend back home.

Why did the show allow a female who is in a relationship to be on this show while men who had girlfriends were called out for not being "completely single"?

Quote:
Demi came into Paradise season 6 honest about where she was in her romantic life. Her introductory package disclosed her fluidity and non-exclusive relationship with a woman named Kristian (whom Demi doesn’t name until “Week 3, episode 1”). Even at that time, before stepping foot in Sayulita, Demi confesses she is unsure about her romantic future, despite feelings for Kristian.

Jed, on the other hand, continued to couch or hide the tangled road that led him to The Bachelorette all the way up until Hannah Brown broke up with him, according to footage. As the reality show’s finale confirmed, Jed kept a girlfriend back home when filming began. He promised to return to her once his reality TV turn had garnered him enough fame to level up his music career. If multiple leaks hadn’t broken about Jed’s past, Hannah would never have learned any of this — not even after Jed supposedly bared his soul after production ended and he “won” The Bachelorette
https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/201...9-relationship
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2019, 07:28 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,812,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
So maybe someone can help me to understand why a man like Derek is willing to see what Demi will decide?

Demi is into women, which she is honest about, and is having mixed feelings about Derek and/or her girlfriend back home.

Why did the show allow a female who is in a relationship to be on this show while men who had girlfriends were called out for not being "completely single"?
For the drama, no other reason. It is quite ridiculous and a double standard.

Old 08-21-2019, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
For the drama, no other reason. It is quite ridiculous and a double standard.
Except that I explained it in my post. Demi came in completely transparent about what was going on with her. Jed hid it and continued to try to hide it even after being caught.

Huge difference there.

Old 08-21-2019, 08:17 AM

49,926 posts, read 60,193,302 times
I don't think it's fair to let Demi and Kristian "pursue their relationship" in Paradise. It's pretty cruel, actually, especially since Derek is a very cool person and is taking the high road.

I also thought the whole point was to let "Bachelor nation" contestants participate, not to just bring in random love interests. What happens if one of the other women decides to pursue Kristian? I guess that's a possibility, or at least it should be lol.

Demi seems like a different person with Kristian than she does with Derek - less dominant.

Old 08-21-2019, 09:42 AM

1,013 posts, read 732,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
I don't think it's fair to let Demi and Kristian "pursue their relationship" in Paradise. It's pretty cruel, actually, especially since Derek is a very cool person and is taking the high road.

I also thought the whole point was to let "Bachelor nation" contestants participate, not to just bring in random love interests. What happens if one of the other women decides to pursue Kristian? I guess that's a possibility, or at least it should be lol.

Demi seems like a different person with Kristian than she does with Derek - less dominant.
My thoughts too. It’s really unfair to Derek. Good insight on Demi.

I was also wondering how all these people have the time to spend in Mexico without losing their jobs, getting behind on rent, etc. I’m too unimaginative I guess, always thinking of the mundane daily things I did in my 20’s.

Old 08-21-2019, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLfan1977 View Post

I was also wondering how all these people have the time to spend in Mexico without losing their jobs, getting behind on rent, etc. I’m too unimaginative I guess, always thinking of the mundane daily things I did in my 20’s.
That's what I think is starting to tank the whole premise behind The Bachelor shows anyway. People aren't joining the show to "find love." They're doing it as a launch pad to notoriety and income.

Once you're on these shows, you can get paid for appearances, product promotion, social media following, etc. All stuff that "builds your brand."

So for them, being on these shows IS working.

Old 08-21-2019, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post

Now this is where I agree ratings come into play. They know Demi is a character and they wanted her for ratings so they were willing to do whatever it took to get her.

Old 08-21-2019, 12:18 PM

11,942 posts, read 5,903,440 times
As far as we saw - Demi was transparent to only a couple of people. I see producer driven drama. Many girls didn't like Demi on The Bachelor because of the way she pushed herself on Colton and I was surprised there was no animosity between her and some of the girls on Paradise. Demi was actually quite upset when Colton told her to leave as she thought she was "the one". Either he dodged a bullet or it was another producer driven plot for drama.

The girl is not stupid and despite her age - she knew long ago that she's bisexual - this isn't her first rodeo with a woman. Now I'm glad she found happiness - I actually liked her on Paradise but it isn't fair to Derrick who did come there to find love. She should have chosen to leave rather than put Derrick in such an awkward position.

Again - is this all a farce tho - another story line for less than intelligent watchers to believe. Being how quickly Kristian freed up her own schedule and flew down there - I'm betting it was set up from the beginning - I only hope Derrick is a good actor and was in on it.

Old 08-21-2019, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
Now this is where I agree ratings come into play. They know Demi is a character and they wanted her for ratings so they were willing to do whatever it took to get her.
I just can't deal with her. She looks like a 12-year-old who's been playing in her Mama's wigs.

So many other people on the show aren't getting any air time. Oh well ...

Old 08-21-2019, 01:45 PM

27,222 posts, read 46,875,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
As far as we saw - Demi was transparent to only a couple of people. I see producer driven drama. Many girls didn't like Demi on The Bachelor because of the way she pushed herself on Colton and I was surprised there was no animosity between her and some of the girls on Paradise. Demi was actually quite upset when Colton told her to leave as she thought she was "the one". Either he dodged a bullet or it was another producer driven plot for drama.

The girl is not stupid and despite her age - she knew long ago that she's bisexual - this isn't her first rodeo with a woman. Now I'm glad she found happiness - I actually liked her on Paradise but it isn't fair to Derrick who did come there to find love. She should have chosen to leave rather than put Derrick in such an awkward position.

Again - is this all a farce tho - another story line for less than intelligent watchers to believe. Being how quickly Kristian freed up her own schedule and flew down there - I'm betting it was set up from the beginning - I only hope Derrick is a good actor and was in on it.
Exactly...and we haven't heard more about the "mom in prison drama".

Derek wasn't aware of her being bi-sexual so it is deceiving and not until she was kissing Derek is when this was revealed.

So, does this means that from now on we can see "contestants" as they are labeled, to be in a relationship but having to figure out if they like a different person better?

Sounds like an episode of Bachelor in counseling...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV