Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2011, 08:11 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookmen View Post
I find many of these people irritating too, but I know from someone who was on one of these shows that they are directed to have strong reactions. If most of us are going through a house and notice something we don't like, we'd make a mental note and move on. If you're on the show, you have to verbalize it, so people come across as negative or whiney.
Well, yeah...they are on tv, so they have to incessantly babble.
Also, since they're already under contract with one of the houses, they have to make up some b.s. about why they don't like it so we won't know which one it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2011, 08:14 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,184,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Also, since they're already under contract with one of the houses, they have to make up some b.s. about why they don't like it so we won't know which one it is.
I'm so silly. I never even THOUGHT of that point!

And it's true....we all have probably bought houses or cars that wasn't 100% perfect.

Old 04-21-2011, 08:16 AM

41,958 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Had carpet in the bathroom for a few years. Ugly as hell but so comfortable on your feet!!!!!
That's why God invented the washable throw rug.

Old 04-21-2011, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
That's why God invented the washable throw rug.
One little spot covered by the rug is not the same as your entire bathroom covered in carpet.

Old 04-21-2011, 08:33 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,184,922 times
I used to have a bathroom years ago with a washable carpet looking rug. It was made so you could cut it easily with scissors around all the bathroom stuff and easy to pick up to wash. LOVED IT! They aren't popular now, not sure you can even buy them any longer, but I would consider doing the same thing again.

Now that I'm older with a little bit of an arthritis problem, all the tiles and hard wood aren't your friends any longer. They are tough on knees and leg joints. So, it's a trend now, but as soon as most houses have the carpets out, they will make them popular again so they can generate money. Just like wall paper being in....out....in....out. Sometimes I think HGTV sets trends with a distinct plan..............

At 50+ years of age, I've just watched too many things go out of style and then back into style. This is true in fashion AND household.

Old 04-21-2011, 10:41 AM

1,488 posts, read 2,611,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psr13 View Post
You can't just build a house everywhere. Out here you would have to go out to the desert where no one wants to live in order to do that.
I understand that location can be an issue but the way they're scripted to whine about their needs just makes me wonder. If someone is buying an existing home, they would know that it may cost a compromise or two.

Old 04-21-2011, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taydev View Post
I understand that location can be an issue but the way they're scripted to whine about their needs just makes me wonder. If someone is buying an existing home, they would know that it may cost a compromise or two.
Nail on the head. Scripted.

Old 04-21-2011, 12:58 PM

18,470 posts, read 31,638,910 times
I had my bathroom completely carpeted way back when, it looked nice...then when I got tired of looking at it, I picked it up, threw it out...in less than 5 seconds.....yes folks, it was really that easy.

I now have hardwood in the bathroom, it is durable and no, it doesnt get wet, i dont drop water all over the floor...we have bath mat we put on the floor...imagine that????? what technology......

I wasn't loving the ceramic tiles that were there already but the bathroom was just done from the people before me not that long ago, so it wasn't terrible....kinda neutral, so it worked...............................

Old 04-21-2011, 02:07 PM

1,488 posts, read 2,611,912 times
I don't like carpeted bathrooms because it may get wet. My 5 yr old son and 4 yr old nephew have bad aim

Old 04-21-2011, 03:46 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I used to have a bathroom years ago with a washable carpet looking rug. It was made so you could cut it easily with scissors around all the bathroom stuff and easy to pick up to wash. LOVED IT! They aren't popular now, not sure you can even buy them any longer, but I would consider doing the same thing again.

Now that I'm older with a little bit of an arthritis problem, all the tiles and hard wood aren't your friends any longer. They are tough on knees and leg joints. So, it's a trend now, but as soon as most houses have the carpets out, they will make them popular again so they can generate money. Just like wall paper being in....out....in....out. Sometimes I think HGTV sets trends with a distinct plan..............

At 50+ years of age, I've just watched too many things go out of style and then back into style. This is true in fashion AND household.
I'm right behind you and you are correct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV