Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2011, 05:13 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,720,726 times

Advertisements

I don't watch this show regularly but every time I do it seems to be some 24 year old that appears to have little income of their own or are just starting their career and somehow they are buying some $500000 place. I guess I must have missed out on something because I'll be lucky to afford a $150K mortgage here shortly and I'm in my 30's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2011, 05:37 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,099,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
True. But I doubt you want hardwood in the bathroom.
Yes, that's true. I think often the carpet in the bathroom issue is a question of water problems or mold/mildew. They could be worried that the carpet held in leaking water and caused problems. That would be my concern with carpet in a bathroom.

Old 04-20-2011, 06:03 PM

303 posts, read 604,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
I don't watch this show regularly but every time I do it seems to be some 24 year old that appears to have little income of their own or are just starting their career and somehow they are buying some $500000 place. I guess I must have missed out on something because I'll be lucky to afford a $150K mortgage here shortly and I'm in my 30's.
I just noticed the same thing

Old 04-20-2011, 06:07 PM

2,053 posts, read 4,824,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psr13 View Post
Sure, carpet can be removed. However, some people (myself included) really want hardwood. That can be pretty expensive to put in.
But that, imo, is not really the point. The point is that they keep nagging about everything, and if it bothers them so much they should either fix them themselves or, if not bothering to fix it, just walk away.

What I find pretty obnoxious is them saying "uh, we have to consider it when it comes to pricing" when the correct wording is "we have to consider it when it comes to pricing to fit our specific needs."

If I don't like carpet - and I don't - I can't ask the seller to reduce the price bc I will have expenses to install whatever I like. If the carpet is new/clean it is usable, it just does not fit my particular needs, so no way I am asking him/her to adjust the price to suit my needs.
Besides, a price is a price, it reflects the current condition of a house, the seller is not going to fix stuff for a particular buyer's enjoyment, otherwise every buyer who intends to buy the place would ask him to paint it a different color or install a different kind of flooring.

Old 04-20-2011, 07:54 PM

1,488 posts, read 2,616,013 times
I always ask myself: If they don't like things about the house, or the house doesn't have everything on their wishlist, why don't they just get a home built? The Norway(?) lady did :P

And it's funny how they'll have so much negative feedback on a property but they buy it and say "Its perfect for us; it has everything we need. We just love it!" LOL. Aaahhh... gotta love the corny-ness of HH

Old 04-20-2011, 08:18 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,829,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taydev View Post
I always ask myself: If they don't like things about the house, or the house doesn't have everything on their wishlist, why don't they just get a home built? The Norway(?) lady did :P

And it's funny how they'll have so much negative feedback on a property but they buy it and say "Its perfect for us; it has everything we need. We just love it!" LOL. Aaahhh... gotta love the corny-ness of HH

I too wonder,especially for those with $$$$$ why don't they build their own houses.

Oh you can bet the one with the most negatives will indeed be the one it turns out they've purchased.

Old 04-20-2011, 09:20 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,099,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taydev View Post

You can't just build a house everywhere. Out here you would have to go out to the desert where no one wants to live in order to do that.

Old 04-21-2011, 07:55 AM

18,507 posts, read 31,741,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
True. But I doubt you want hardwood in the bathroom.

actually I have had both throughout the years, I had wall to wall carpeting in the bathroom, it was nice, it lasted a while....obviously it was just payed on top of the ceramic tiled floor, which was all cracked....
then I got tired of it and laid plywood and glued hardwood planks on top of that, it looks rally good and has held up for the last 5 years, when water gets on the floor, simply wipe it up, no problem....
so yes, hardwood can go in the bathroom.....

and that's the beauty of your own home, everything can be changed....

so what is with the dumb ass buyers when they see carpeting in the bathroom, did they ever think about just pulling it up, or is that too much for them to think about....................

Old 04-21-2011, 07:56 AM

44,258 posts, read 64,518,412 times
Had carpet in the bathroom for a few years. Ugly as hell but so comfortable on your feet!!!!!

Old 04-21-2011, 08:10 AM

360 posts, read 994,615 times
I find many of these people irritating too, but I know from someone who was on one of these shows that they are directed to have strong reactions. If most of us are going through a house and notice something we don't like, we'd make a mental note and move on. If you're on the show, you have to verbalize it, so people come across as negative or whiney.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV