Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 01:13 PM

3,219 posts, read 7,084,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirron View Post
I miss Sara Moulton, (sp?) Back in the nineties and before his scandal, I watched The Frugal Gourmet religiously, and he made some good, practical dishes. I like Yan too, he's entertaining.
Yeah-I miss Jamie Oliver!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2008, 03:20 PM

3,863 posts, read 6,298,999 times
Jamie did a brief stint on, I think the Discovery channel, and I believe he was in Italy. Then, he had a quaint show called Jamie at Home; it was on for a while, Saturday mornings.

Old 12-06-2008, 12:39 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,196,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
I'm assuming you mean Diners, Drive-In's and Dives (or whatevers it's called)?

If so, yes-he came to Krazy Jim's Blimpy Burger over in the University of Michigan district, but I was in classes that day and didn't even know the show was in town!
Yes I am talking about Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. That would have been a fun to be there when they were taping. Sorry you didn't get the chance. Do they have really great food?

Old 12-06-2008, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Yes I am talking about Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. That would have been a fun to be there when they were taping. Sorry you didn't get the chance. Do they have really great food?
Awesome...now I'm waiting a big, greasy Patty melt and Onion Rings at 8:00 in the morning (I work midnights so this isn't that unusual!)

Old 12-06-2008, 11:06 AM

1,227 posts, read 2,064,960 times
My favorite is Ina Garten, for her classy and easy recipes. I also like Giada, but she is starting to be a little too much like Rachael Ray with all her shortcuts. I used to like Michael Chiarello, until he slowcooked lobsters, how cruel! That being said, I have watched Rachael Ray off and on: some of her recipes are inspiring and I use a lot of garlic in my dishes like she does. I am a little put off by her yelling and big gestures though.

I can't stand Sandra Lee and I could never make any of her recipes. Paula Deen's food looks like a heart attack on a plate! I like some of Ingrid Hoffman's recipes and the show Ask Aida.

I like PBS shows because they concentrate on food a lot more, like America's Test Kitchen, Lidia's Italy, etc. I like shows on other networks as well, such as "A Lyon in the Kitchen" on Fit TV and others on the Fine Living Network such as "Wine pairings".

Old 12-06-2008, 11:09 AM

1,227 posts, read 2,064,960 times
About Guy Fieri: I really don't have much of an opinion. I find him charming. I like Emeril's new show on Planet Green.

Old 12-06-2008, 12:33 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,196,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
Awesome...now I'm waiting a big, greasy Patty melt and Onion Rings at 8:00 in the morning (I work midnights so this isn't that unusual!)
I know what you are saying I worked 3rd shift for many years. Even now years later I can eat non breakfast food types for breakfast.

Old 12-06-2008, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
I know what you are saying I worked 3rd shift for many years. Even now years later I can eat non breakfast food types for breakfast.
Yeah, I had lasagna for breakfast today

Old 12-06-2008, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSinger View Post
My favorite is Ina Garten, for her classy and easy recipes. I also like Giada, but she is starting to be a little too much like Rachael Ray with all her shortcuts. I used to like Michael Chiarello, until he slowcooked lobsters, how cruel! That being said, I have watched Rachael Ray off and on: some of her recipes are inspiring and I use a lot of garlic in my dishes like she does. I am a little put off by her yelling and big gestures though.

I can't stand Sandra Lee and I could never make any of her recipes. Paula Deen's food looks like a heart attack on a plate! I like some of Ingrid Hoffman's recipes and the show Ask Aida.

I like PBS shows because they concentrate on food a lot more, like America's Test Kitchen, Lidia's Italy, etc. I like shows on other networks as well, such as "A Lyon in the Kitchen" on Fit TV and others on the Fine Living Network such as "Wine pairings".
I really enjoy the PBS shows as well-my favorite is Scandinavian Cooking, where the host goes to different settings in Scandinavia (Tina in Sweden, Andreas in Norway), and cook traditional food in traditional ways in really neat, outdoor settings. So different from Food Network where the cooks are always in their kitchen-and the food is so unique!

Old 12-06-2008, 04:15 PM

741 posts, read 1,380,253 times
For Bella52: I think the woman you're referring to is Amy Finnerman. She was given a Food Network show for a brief time, maybe six episodes. I never saw it because it was shown on Sunday mornings at about 8am. I read that she declined more episodes and then moved to France.

For Jaxson: Yes, 3D came through Albuquerque NM to a restaurant that is on "old route 66". It is mostly a steak house. I didn't know about it until I saw the episode by chance, but it looked like it was filmed several months before it was on the air (could it have been a repeat, of course they NEVER repeat shows, but you never know....)?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV