Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2009, 07:52 AM

1,868 posts, read 5,682,213 times

Advertisements

No they are apparently ready for another dime a dozen country artist...... yee haw....lmao
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2009, 07:55 AM

1,692 posts, read 3,538,808 times
This is was gay thing is crap. It is an excuse people are using because he didn't win. In the music field there are many people who are one gsy and two may look different. Look at Michael Jackson . Prince . Elton John is gay. Give me a break he loss because people didn't think he was the best. He screams and he is drama and he might do okay but that gets old fast. I feel that a real star or singer doesn'y need all that drama and make up to sing. They just pick up the mic and sing a song. Also people want to pick the America Idol. Not the show or Katy Perry or anyone else.

Old 05-21-2009, 07:55 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,385,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHappyLucy View Post
***Jane - maybe you are right, I think it makes sense what you are saying, but somehow I have the feeling that ANY song given to Adam he will make Big, whereas Kris would make that song just mediocre. You know that too.

Sorry, this wouldn't quote so had to pull it out.

No, I don't know that, and neither do you. Ending it with a passive-aggressive smiley doesn't make it so. You know that.
What???

Old 05-21-2009, 07:58 AM

3,872 posts, read 8,712,128 times
This whole "let's get personal and down on you b/c you don't like Kris" thing a few of you are doing is old. It's been really cool watching/debating most of you. I don't usually watch Idol after the auditions but we'll see who the contestants are next year.

Gonna go download some Adam and Danny songs now.

Old 05-21-2009, 07:58 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
This is was gay thing is crap. It is an excuse people are using because he didn't win. In the music field there are many people who are one gsy and two may look different. Look at Michael Jackson . Prince . Elton John is gay. Give me a break he loss because people didn't think he was the best. He screams and he is drama and he might do okay but that gets old fast. I feel that a real star or singer doesn'y need all that drama and make up to sing. They just pick up the mic and sing a song. Also people want to pick the America Idol. Not the show or Katy Perry or anyone else.

Adam will be more popular than Kris. We will be saying "Kris who" soon!!! He will fade into the night!

He screams rock music!!! Adam was one of the best on AI so far....is was what??? My eyes hurt.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:01 AM

756 posts, read 2,219,338 times
Quote:

Yesterday, I commented that he overdid the eyeliner and I was called homophobic.

Some people will say anything no matter how absurd it is!

Old 05-21-2009, 08:02 AM

2 posts, read 4,443 times
I think this was the best season ever. Adam, Kris and Danny were 3 of the classiest contestants in a long time. I love them all and wish them the best. They are all winners. P.S. I graduated from high school many years ago with Adam's father.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:09 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,694,209 times
since when are Michael Jackson and Prince gay? News to me.
I agree that Adam's screaming gets old, at least he holds a note while he's screaming, though.

Quote:

Old 05-21-2009, 08:10 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,539,736 times
Altho I quite caring 5 weeks ago who won, I did watch last night and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Kris won because he got the most votes. Period.

Adam, while I don't think he's the BEST American Idol has ever seen, is a great talent and will definitly have a career after this is over. I still don't get why people get upset when it's stated that he'd clean up on Broadway. There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with a Broadway career. Some of those last longer than the pop scene.

I think Kris will do great too. His duet with Keith Urban got me to thinking he should do Country/Rock.

Maybe Simon will think 2x next time before falling all over his favorite. He should know by now that American's love to cheer for the underdog.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:15 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,694,209 times
Hey NJ!! I was actually quite shocked last night! I thought Adam had this sewn up for sure. Sometimes winning isn't always best, as it turned out with Daughtry and Clay Aiken. they have successful careers, but Ruben Studdard's career has tanked!
Adam will be huge and probably already has things lined up for a while!! Now he can concentrate on continuing his career and new popularity from the show, while Kris has to be the American Idol, which may involve alot of scripted activities, you know what I mean? Adam can relax and get on with it, while Kris has to be the "puppet" so to speak and fufill the "duties" of being an AI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Adam will be more popular than Kris. We will be saying "Kris who" soon!!! He will fade into the night!

He screams rock music!!! Adam was one of the best on AI so far....is was what??? My eyes hurt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV