Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2009, 08:10 AM

10,179 posts, read 11,168,640 times

Advertisements

Clint Black totally sucked. He came off so arrogant...

Why did The Trump have to drag Cloe's personal life into the game. Oh For Ratings, that's right!

What a waste of 2 hours - The show last night truly sucked( my opinion of course )....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 11:00 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,700,004 times
Didn't care for last night's show either. What was Clint thinking with the way he handled things? I wound up flipping channels back and forth because it was so bad.

Old 04-06-2009, 11:41 AM

6,266 posts, read 19,169,965 times
I used to be such a Clint Black fan---no more! He is a cocky jerk.
Both videos sucked but at least team Athena worked like a team.
I was LMAO @ the women napping on Team Clint Black.
Yea, no doubt Clint should have been gone. At least he didn't drag Joan back in there and was going to take the bullet for the team. Then Trump pulls his holier than thou crap. Chloe handled it like a lady, because had that been me-I would have told his a$$ off. Bet people on his staff got it too;if what he said is true-that the staff never told him of her DUI.
So Jesse James was an alcoholic(kudos to him for staying sober) and Dennis Rodman not only is one but also stayed drunk on every task but was allowed to stay week after week. But holy cow $hit batman--The Donald finds out Chloe got caught driving DUI(and hell yea,that IS bad) but he decides to be the judge and jury. Tsk Tsk

Now.........allow me to rant a sec about Ivanka and Donald Jr.---little clones. They may be business smart but they need to throw a drunk and loosen the hell up. Tight a$$e$............I bet they are a barrel of laughs at parties and other social gatherings.
Rant over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
Clint Black totally sucked. He came off so arrogant...

Why did The Trump have to drag Cloe's personal life into the game. Oh For Ratings, that's right!

What a waste of 2 hours - The show last night truly sucked( my opinion of course )....

Old 04-06-2009, 11:44 AM

9,718 posts, read 6,418,792 times
Whaaaat Clint should have been gone, no questions about it. Melissa should have been gone too. I didn't think the midget viral video was funny at all, maybe I just have no my sense of humor Clint's was beyond horrible.
The two project managers should have been fired. What's the sense of the show if your performance isn't what's gets you fired. I just didn't understand Trump's logic.
Oh, and Joan Rivers pawning her crap was irritating too.

Old 04-06-2009, 11:55 AM

563 posts, read 1,026,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
I used to be such a Clint Black fan---no more! He is a cocky jerk.
Both videos sucked but at least team Athena worked like a team.
I was LMAO @ the women napping on Team Clint Black.
Yea, no doubt Clint should have been gone. At least he didn't drag Joan back in there and was going to take the bullet for the team. Then Trump pulls his holier than thou crap. Chloe handled it like a lady, because had that been me-I would have told his a$$ off. Bet people on his staff got it too;if what he said is true-that the staff never told him of her DUI.
So Jesse James was an alcoholic(kudos to him for staying sober) and Dennis Rodman not only is one but also stayed drunk on every task but was allowed to stay week after week. But holy cow $hit batman--The Donald finds out Chloe got caught driving DUI(and hell yea,that IS bad) but he decides to be the judge and jury. Tsk Tsk

Now.........allow me to rant a sec about Ivanka and Donald Jr.---little clones. They may be business smart but they need to throw a drunk and loosen the hell up. Tight a$$e$............I bet they are a barrel of laughs at parties and other social gatherings.
Rant over.
I agree with the firing of Chloe. Even though Rodman was drunk much of the time and should have been fired sooner, they never showed him getting behind the wheel of a car - he had a driver. I understand the point Donald made about Chloe and the DUI. Also, don't forget - it's in the script!

Your rant: The behavior you speak of regarding Ivanka and Donald Jr is called CLASS. I like them and the way they conduct themselves in a classy, intelligent, and polite manner. CLASS - more people should have it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by whatnow; 04-06-2009 at 12:07 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 04-06-2009, 12:20 PM

18,026 posts, read 27,475,785 times
I'm not gonna get into the class argument and all, but I will agree that Clint Black was a driven, idiotic punk with a stupid idea and he should be gone just the way he locked the door and flat out refused help from his team.

He didn't have the stones to bring Joan back in the board room because she would have torched him. So... Trump used his inferior screening skills to scapegoat Chloe.

I am truly sickened by Chole's attitude around booze and the DUI. She is right to consider that she's not an alcoholic and perhaps just made a mistake in judgement in driving while drunk and the possibility that it'll never happen again. But what happens if it happens again? God forbid, she may wind up having to take drunk classes with those "losers" again!

Now, Trump's decision to ammend his bad decision to hire Chloe in the first place and make it the focus of all of America to behold... I think it was distasteful to say the least. He's furthering his own agenda here. Perhaps a good business decision for his own PR. Very shrewd of him. But when he fired the gal who was the project manager of last week just because she had the stones to step up, I hope he lives to regret that decision.

This is all good for the drama aspects of the show, right folks? Fair would be boring, right?

Lousy show last night. What a waste of my time.

Old 04-06-2009, 12:30 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,169,965 times
well- I guess you told me ......Damn......and here I was thinking I had a right to my own opinion. Well slap my wrists and call me told..
Oh and on the show Chloe was never shown driving while drunk. That point is moot.
Rodman was,in fact, drinking on the job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnow View Post
I agree with the firing of Chloe. Even though Rodman was drunk much of the time and should have been fired sooner, they never showed him getting behind the wheel of a car - he had a driver. I understand the point Donald made about Chloe and the DUI. Also, don't forget - it's in the script!

Your rant: The behavior you speak of regarding Ivanka and Donald Jr is called CLASS. I like them and the way they conduct themselves in a classy, intelligent, and polite manner. CLASS - more people should have it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-06-2009, 01:17 PM

1,156 posts, read 3,751,825 times
The Khloe thing totally threw me. Did Donald Trump just turn on VH1 for the first time and realize that she's not actually a celebrity? I heard a theory, because he fired Rodman for drunkeness, that maybe he felt like he had to hold some standards to everyone? I just don't believe he didn't know about her DUI. At the beginning of the whole series, in an interview or on the show or something, she is quoted saying that she did Celebrity Apprentice to turn her mistake into something positive, and that's why she chose the charity she did. I'm not her biggest fan, but I definitely was hoping they'd get rid of Clint Black.

Old 04-06-2009, 01:32 PM

546 posts, read 2,148,450 times
Last night's show was lame! Seriously, I really didn't care who got fired it was so boring. Trump lost his mind, it wouldv'e better for the drama if Clint and Melissa got fired. He fires 2 people that had nothing to do with the task. what was the point in that? Ratings? Controversy? It was pointless and as each week goes by the show becomes more and unbearable. Last week was good with Rodman but this week sucked.

Old 04-06-2009, 02:26 PM

4,362 posts, read 6,534,951 times
Just goes to show-ya, the show means nothing in reality terms. NBC ratings game 101. He has to keep Clint for his "country" connections. Trace Adkins he's not, sorry Trump.

Cloe deserved a better fate than what she was shown. I'll go ahead and guess that since Dennis was made an example that she was brought into it.

Moral of the day, not don't drink and drive, it's Do Not Volunteer for an Execution!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV