Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2010, 07:55 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,823,549 times

Advertisements

Andre Braugher relishes nuanced role in TNT's 'Men of a Certain Age' - St. Petersburg Times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2010, 09:07 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,139,161 times
I like this show quite a bit. It captures alot of middle-aged angst, we don't see on other shows.

My complaint is that the leading men (Bakula and Romano, the other guy's married) get laid with beautiful, childless, middle-aged (or young) women with an unrealistic ease. That's TV and movies for ya...

Old 12-10-2010, 02:35 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
The last season??? That sucks. But somehow 8 million shows about people with 28 kids, midgets, washed up celebrities dancing, a bunch of overgrown teenagers partying and acting like horses arses at the beach in Jersey, etc etc etc....this garbage stays on TV, but a good show like Men of a Certain Age doesn't make it.

Its a sad commentary on society.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaboy View Post
1. TBS and TNT are both owned by Ted Turner.
2. "MEN" is heavily advertised on TBS during Obriens show.
3. People watching TBS might hear about Romano's show.
Shall I continue???

You didn't read my next post, go phillies. I said I had been incorrect about this being the last season...at least for now.

Okay, I "get it", aquaboy. No need to continue. I was just wondering, that's all.

Old 12-11-2010, 05:16 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,220,959 times
I'm not sure why being about men is an issue. Isn't that suburbia show with Lois Lane mostly about women? I never noticed it was about "men". I just like seeing someone my age dealing with issues I'm dealing with. In advanced middle age you start to feel invisible and like your life/problems no longer matter compared to the getting married/raising family age group.
I LOVE it.
Terriers - liked the premise, liked the actors, so why does it que up in my DVR and I don't watch? I've been wondering that, didn't know it was cancelled, but apparently the its not being the sum of all its part wasn't just me.

Old 12-11-2010, 07:06 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
I'm not sure why being about men is an issue. Isn't that suburbia show with Lois Lane mostly about women? I never noticed it was about "men". I just like seeing someone my age dealing with issues I'm dealing with. In advanced middle age you start to feel invisible and like your life/problems no longer matter compared to the getting married/raising family age group.
I LOVE it.
Terriers - liked the premise, liked the actors, so why does it que up in my DVR and I don't watch? I've been wondering that, didn't know it was cancelled, but apparently the its not being the sum of all its part wasn't just me.

Excellent synopsis of what being into advanced middle age feels like, Gies! LOL @ Lois Lane. It is DH. I like seeing the other side of the coin.

Old 12-13-2010, 07:03 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,784,725 times
Great show, glad to see it's back.

Old 12-14-2010, 12:15 PM

2,499 posts, read 3,249,049 times
Now that we've discovered MEN, we are hooked. I like the way they spoof Scott Bakula's acting career in the 1980s when he was the star of Quantum Leap; now he's selling cars at Thoreau's.
"MEN" is a keeper for sure!

Old 01-04-2011, 12:41 AM

4,586 posts, read 7,711,684 times
Anyone still keeping up?

Season Finale is next week. Seems like the season just started...ugh!

Old 01-04-2011, 08:07 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,139,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKCorey View Post
Anyone still keeping up?

Season Finale is next week. Seems like the season just started...ugh!
I don't know what's going on unless it was cancelled afterall. Wikipedia says season 2 was supposed to have 12 episodes. This season finale is just the 5th episode of this season.

Old 01-04-2011, 08:43 AM

4,586 posts, read 7,711,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
I don't know what's going on unless it was cancelled afterall. Wikipedia says season 2 was supposed to have 12 episodes. This season finale is just the 5th episode of this season.
Oh ok so I'm not going crazy

Ok. I read somewhere that they split it in 2 seasons. It suppose to come back again in the Spring/Summer...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV