Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2010, 10:12 AM

3,872 posts, read 8,713,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
If Brent and Katie look like they might win, during the finale, I'm going to have a chuck bucket within easy reach.
Mine preference would be cowboys, brothers, detectives . I don’t put dumb & dumber b/c I’d rather they simply disappear. I can't stand them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2010, 10:48 AM

99 posts, read 380,593 times
I'd really like to see the cowboys win. It would prove to people that you don't have to be mean in order to win. And you don't have to fight and yell at each other. I think they are doing well because they are both level headed and they listen to each other. Oh yea, there have been challenges taht you would think would be their downfall - such as the fashion one last night. But they take it all in stride and take their time and think it through.

Frankly I don't care that much for Brent and Caite and not really sure why. I like the detectives but after watching them walk right past the clue box last night not sure I would want them working on a case for me! They are funny and fun to watch. The brothers really don't do much for me but I could see them in contention for winning (depending upon what happens with the melt down next week).

Really interesting how sometimes just getting a lousy taxi driver can make or break a team. Or how the wind can have such an effect on a challenge - and how people deal with it.

Have always wanted to do the race...but I know I could not do the huge majority of their challenges!

Old 04-26-2010, 10:51 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,598,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleJ View Post
Mine preference would be cowboys, brothers, detectives . I don’t put dumb & dumber b/c I’d rather they simply disappear. I can't stand them.
Agreed 100%! Those cowboys are unbelievable - is there nothing they can't do? They have such great attitudes - it's fun to watch them do this race.

Old 04-26-2010, 11:01 AM

750 posts, read 1,435,076 times
Everything that Pushing60 said. I too don't hate Bret and Caite. That said, there's just no "there" there. I don't see much in the way of personality. They don't seem particularly interesting. I get the feeling both would be huge bores. Of course, that could all be in the editing, so I'm trying to give them credit for at least being in the final four. I still want the cowboys to win it.

Old 04-26-2010, 11:16 AM

2,212 posts, read 5,154,526 times
Great episode last night. Thought it was interesting that with all of the promotion of the Chinese Tourism Board, the reality is that if only 1/3 of the Chinese speak English...with their population...1/3 is a drop in the bucket. Plus, unlike many other places, you can't just "skate by" without having some knowledge of their language or a good tour guide. I went to Greece and as soon as we got away from the tourist areas and the letters were in Greek, I understood the saying "It's all Greek to me." China, I imagine, would be the same way.

So...with all the talk about Caite being a moron...did anyone else catch Brent's "It reminds me of Sicily" comment as they floated down the canals? Ah, yes...when I think of canals and tranquil boat rides, Sicily comes to mind. It's no wonder he thinks Caite is not "that dumb"...anyone who can't at least remember that it's Venice with the canals and not Sicily would be a perfect match for Caite. Honestly...who doesn't know that Venice has canals? Even without traveling to Europe, a few things are automatic...The Eiffel Tower in Paris, the Coliseum in Rome, the Tulips (and marijuana) in Amsterdam, the canals in Venice. The two of them together should not have children. I also don't see them winning unless everything, and I mean everything, goes well for them. They don't deal with adversity very well...they immediately start sniping at each other or throwing their hands up in defeat if anything goes wrong. If things are chugging along, then it's "great job, Babe" but when they don't, it's "no, YOU'RE stupid!" or "I CAN'T do this!".

The Cops. They got lucky last night but it's just because I've watched this show forever and know that the finale always has 3 teams...so if next week's not the finale, then they still need 4 teams competing. Also, even though they finished at night, Phil didn't come to get them...meaning if they gave up, they'd be eliminated, but if they show up to the mat, they can continue.
The problem with them is that the short guy (don't remember his name) is absolutely OUT-OF-SHAPE. Not just a slow runner, but a "I'm having an asthma attack" shape. I thought it was that challenge with the incense, but even when he was running into the stadium, he was WAY behind and he was wheezing. They haven't even had a really physical challenge yet...when they have to climb something high or paddle a boat on their own, or run a long distance, that poor guy is toast.

The Brothers. Still like them and agree that while I was no fan of the Lesbians, they should have eliminated the Cowboys (though it pains me to say so) because they are actually a threat. The taxi thing is frustrating and it looks like next week is just another example of them getting a bad one and how devastating it can be during TAR.

The Cowboys. I love them. I honestly can't remember a team I have liked more. Their attitudes are awesome, their jokes are pretty funny, they seem to be able to do everything well and they focus on their OWN game...not getting too involved in the cliques. I liked when one of them said that they've won 3 trips around the world but won't be going with each other. One of them is engaged so that will be an awesome honeymoon. I'm hoping they win.

BTW, I will not give you any spoilers but if you watch the show, you know that the last leg takes them somewhere in the USA. Unfortunately for me, my best friend lives in the city that will be the last leg and she saw 2 teams competing. We both love the show and they made an announcement on the radio that there was a leg being performed in the city and so she went to watch. She didn't know if it was one of the first legs or the last but now that she's been watching, she sent me an e-mail about who she saw (as well as a photo). Luckily for me, I don't really care about the element of surprise, but it was still pretty cool to see the photo she took. There ARE spoilers out there, however, so if you don't want to know, don't Google TAR...you'll see them pop up.

Old 04-26-2010, 11:20 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,465,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
So...with all the talk about Caite being a moron...did anyone else catch Brent's "It reminds me of Sicily" comment as they floated down the canals? Ah, yes...when I think of canals and tranquil boat rides, Sicily comes to mind. It's no wonder he thinks Caite is not "that dumb"...anyone who can't at least remember that it's Venice with the canals and not Sicily would be a perfect match for Caite. Honestly...who doesn't know that Venice has canals? Even without traveling to Europe, a few things are automatic...The Eiffel Tower in Paris, the Coliseum in Rome, the Tulips (and marijuana) in Amsterdam, the canals in Venice. The two of them together should not have children.
That wasn't the first instance of Brentardation. We've been treated to several along the way. It's clear to me that as far as spoiled, temperamental little brats, someone beat both of them pretty hard with the ignorant stick.

Old 04-26-2010, 12:15 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,089,179 times
love those cowboys!!

Old 04-26-2010, 12:25 PM

6 posts, read 7,972 times
am I the only one who is really disappointed with this season?? I mean the roadblocks and detours are soo boring and kid friendly. Nothing exciting like past seasons bungy jumping, sky diving, climbing etc. Its mostly finding clues and puzzles, I honestly feel like I'm watching the "family season".

Old 04-26-2010, 01:18 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,800,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEE-UM View Post
am I the only one who is really disappointed with this season?? I mean the roadblocks and detours are soo boring and kid friendly. Nothing exciting like past seasons bungy jumping, sky diving, climbing etc. Its mostly finding clues and puzzles, I honestly feel like I'm watching the "family season".
I love every season; even though the Family Season was THE Worst!!!!
I'm always sad to see a season end.

Old 04-26-2010, 02:04 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,207,099 times
I thought the detectives were toast last night. Glad to see they weren't.

Can the gay brother whine anymore about a task? I was so sick of hearing him!

Cowboys Rock!

Venice, Sicily, lol, I agree they are another couple who should not procreate!

RIP, Ping Ping. Those cancer sticks'll do it to ya!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV