Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2011, 08:48 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,300,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
What I don't understand is that if it is scripted, why the ladies get so worked up IRL ???

If I knew something was fake or exaggerated, I most likely wouldn't let it really get to me.
I don't think it is really "scripted." Several articles say that Lisa from Atlanta claimed they wanted to script things. Maybe they did. What do I know?

But they definitely like to push buttons by having the cast say stuff to each other. And these "parties" are probably Bravo's doing. I could perhaps see Kyle's party as real, but Camille's dinner party? No. I can see that as Bravo's idea. And Taylor's party was creepy. There were far too many people there that didn't even know her. Bizarre.

But the hurt that they feel, the anger, - after the setup - is undoubtedly real.

In some of Bravo's other shows they use actors for a lot of the scenes, especially this season in NYC. There were people in Patti's auditions for the meet-and-greets on "Matchmaker" that have resumes showing they are on a lot of reality shows. A lot of people use these shows to get into or back into acting. A lot of them were former actors like Lisa, Kyle and Kim. I could see Camille wanting to get into acting, knowing that Kelsey was probably going to leave her.

And a general comment to no one in particular:

For the record. Kyle wasn't exactly sitting home just being a kid.

Kyle Richards - IMDb

Old 01-21-2011, 09:07 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,983,907 times
Yes, I heard were Kyle said that she and her husband were helping Kim. That`s why I said that kyle forgets that Kim had supported her also.

Old 01-21-2011, 11:11 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,852,587 times
Ok. Now that the finale is over, I really want to watch the first BH WWHL. I remember seeing it with the whole cast on at the same time. Since that was taped after the entire season was taped, I wan to re-watch it to see how different the interactions look to me now. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find the episode online. I can only find the "More time with the cast of Beverly Hills" clip. Maybe I am just too tired to find it right now. If anyone finds the full episode, please post a link here. I think it would be very interesting to watch and something to told me over until the reunion. I also remember when Andy asked who they thought was the richest, everyone said it was Lisa. I want to see Camille's face when they say that. She always acted like she had so much more money than the rest.
Anyone else interested in re-watching that, or is it just me?

Old 01-21-2011, 11:25 PM

48 posts, read 123,078 times
Regardless of how much money Kyle has given to Kim recently, that is no way to treat another human being. Kim was being attacked by a pack of wolves and each one of them (except Adrienne) should feel absolutely ashamed for acting like such despicable animals. And most everyone seems to think Lisa is the bee's knees but I can tell you that she is not letting on to how she really is. We're starting to see little pieces of her devious side that she is trying to keep hidden behind the pink facade with an all-knowing voiceover commentary. I expect her viciousness to be fully exposed if they come back for another season.

Old 01-21-2011, 11:36 PM

1,488 posts, read 2,612,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
I just googled "what did Kim say to Kyle" in the limo that made Kyle fly into that rage & no one seems to know except "You stole my house.". There is something there. I mean I know it is "reality" tv, but whatever Kim said pushed Kyle over the edge. And then Kyle made sure to get in some serious jabs. She looked ready to seriously attack her sister. Yeah, Kim has got to get help. She can't get over her issues & anger. I don't think her being on again for another season would be good for her unless she was in theraphy.

Gretchen from RHOC said in an interview they make $30k and I think I read in line at the grocery store magazine from someone from RHNJ it was in the $30's. Nothing major. I mean I would take $30k, but you really are under the microscope.

I think Kyle & Mauricio are reality tv show shopping. Looking for their own show. A little too perfect of a marriage. But he is soooo pleasant to look at..

Lisa is gorgeous. The Charlie's Angels hair is a little outdated, but there is something about her that is completely captivating...maybe her groundedness (doubt that is a word) w/ her marriage & children is what makes her so appealing.

I want to hang out w/ Adrienne & personally find the tinsel in her hair ok She looks like she could kick anyone's a$$. And I applaud her for saying her marriage is probably more common than not...completely agree. Her dh was on that E show w/ plastic surgeons years back. SOOO, like I said several posts ago, all of these "characters" have signed on for a reason.

H- yes, the producers can design shots, ask for reshots, ask them to say certain things, stand somewhere, look at someone...they are at the producers mercy. You really think Lisa WANTED to have lunch w/ Taylor? Or Adrienne w/ Camille? They sign up for this craziness. But at the end of the day they are all humans (I do question Camille in that equation) & the limo scene must hurt to watch.

I see anger in Taylor also, big time. And not Adrienne anger, but nasty anger.

It will be interesting to see a Season 2. I think I read that this HW's was the highest viewed out of all the franchises. bravo has already nixed a Season 2 to DC.
I bet it is! It's surpassed my former favorite ATL And thank goodness they're not resigning DC. Talk about a waste of a season

Old 01-21-2011, 11:36 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,798,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by num1baby View Post
Ok. Now that the finale is over, I really want to watch the first BH WWHL. I remember seeing it with the whole cast on at the same time. Since that was taped after the entire season was taped, I wan to re-watch it to see how different the interactions look to me now. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find the episode online. I can only find the "More time with the cast of Beverly Hills" clip. Maybe I am just too tired to find it right now. If anyone finds the full episode, please post a link here. I think it would be very interesting to watch and something to told me over until the reunion. I also remember when Andy asked who they thought was the richest, everyone said it was Lisa. I want to see Camille's face when they say that. She always acted like she had so much more money than the rest.
Anyone else interested in re-watching that, or is it just me?
I think you are looking for this one
Watch What Happens Live Season 3 - More Time with the Cast of Beverly Hills - Video - Bravo TV Official Site

Old 01-21-2011, 11:40 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,798,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkTall View Post
Regardless of how much money Kyle has given to Kim recently, that is no way to treat another human being. Kim was being attacked by a pack of wolves and each one of them (except Adrienne) should feel absolutely ashamed for acting like such despicable animals. And most everyone seems to think Lisa is the bee's knees but I can tell you that she is not letting on to how she really is. We're starting to see little pieces of her devious side that she is trying to keep hidden behind the pink facade with an all-knowing voiceover commentary. I expect her viciousness to be fully exposed if they come back for another season.
it was painful to watch. The ONLY funny part was Adrienne's husband's commentary while watching from afar.

Old 01-21-2011, 11:41 PM

2,385 posts, read 4,334,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkTall View Post
But here's the thing: if Lisa becomes more vicious, is it because she secretly is like that or because the circumstances of the show have forced her to be defensive/offensive and somewhat manipulative? You know, fighting fire with fire? Having to out-manipulate the manipulators (possibly Taylor and whoever else)?

Old 01-21-2011, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by num1baby View Post
Ok. Now that the finale is over, I really want to watch the first BH WWHL. I remember seeing it with the whole cast on at the same time. Since that was taped after the entire season was taped, I wan to re-watch it to see how different the interactions look to me now.
When reading body language, they say to always look at how people are seated and how they are sitting next to if you want to read the situation:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...2at14340AM.png

Look at how Kim and Kyle are not sitting next to one another and how Kyle is sitting in between Taylor and Lisa (symbolic of what seems to be going on with their friendships) and how Camille is only sitting next to Adrienne.

Last edited by Beretta; 01-22-2011 at 11:56 AM.. Reason: copyright; please use URL and not IMG tags

Old 01-22-2011, 12:01 AM

So after watching that, Lisa looks miserable throughout most of it and Kyle rarely looks at her sister when her sister is speaking, even though Kim is sitting in front of her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.