Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 08:55 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,873,001 times

Advertisements

At first I had hopes but now I'm only watching it to see Grace Park. Yes I am that shallow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2010, 10:16 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,319,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
OMG, week 4 had a dreadful plot line. Who writes this crap? We could do better. Can anyone believe a plot where a guy who is in prison in Hawaii sees his old criminal accomplice on a TV game show winning a million dollars and a trip to (you guessed it) Hawaii; then the prisoner escapes prison with the help of a rookie guard; the escapee hijacks one car after another as there are never any cops around a major city in broad daylight; the cutesy boy star picks up a cell phone and calls an old girlfriend who is in the Navy and just happens to be in the Intel/Command center of an aircraft carriers halfway around the world with access to military spy satellites and just happens to zero in on the car with the escapee ...
... that's as far as I got before I turned the channel and watched Brett Favre melt down. Way more entertaining. That script was written by a 16-year-old, at least.

Old 10-13-2010, 10:33 PM

2,061 posts, read 4,135,803 times
Got to admit being disappointed as I was a great 5-0 fan originally. I did expect one of the main characters to be able to fly a chopper. Original 5-0 showed a lot of hawaian scenery which is why a lot of people watched. Last episode finally showed some~ plot still a little thin. As time goes on "I hope to see more scenery and as characters settle into their roles it hopefully gets better. Will give it more watches before I pass on it.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:49 AM

26,214 posts, read 49,052,722 times
Week 5 was more of the same hackneyed dreadfulness; sinister guys from who knows where, yadda yadda. The most hackneyed part of all was the final climactic shootout, in an area of industrial ruins, unoccupied of course, the kind of set that only Hollywood could dream up. Why do these "thrillers" always have the bad guys inhabiting some old abandoned industrial ruins, smack in the middle of a major city, but there's never anyone around. Juvenile writing.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:53 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgresident View Post
I'm still not "hooked". we have watched 2 episodes so far. I think it is just so so. My husband and son are enjoying it. I think that Alex O'Laughlin might be ok to look at, but is terrible at acting.
I like Scott Caan a lot, though. He's not as easy on the eyes as Alex, but he's saving the show for me.

Old 10-21-2010, 06:56 AM

3,131 posts, read 11,649,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I like Scott Caan a lot, though. He's not as easy on the eyes as Alex, but he's saving the show for me.

we just watched another episode last night. Scott Caan is the only decent acting job on the show. I told my husband and son that I cannot watch this show any more. It really isn't good.

Old 10-22-2010, 09:12 AM

3,872 posts, read 8,712,128 times
yeah, I'm done with it too. so is hubby. wish scott could carry it. He's hilarious.

Old 10-22-2010, 12:07 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,832,228 times
Yes, I too am done. Just another trashy re-make of a great classic show.

Old 10-28-2010, 07:56 PM

289 posts, read 570,077 times
I love Alex O'Loughlin, he's the reason I really started watching the show. I've also liked Daniel Dae Kim from watching every eppisode of Lost. Scott Cann is just a little more eye candy for me. That and the palm trees, ocean, & beaches. I would love to visit Hawaii & plan to one day before I die. So bad story lines of not I watch mainly for the eye candy.

Shallow reasons for watching a show, I know. But a girl has got to have something to watch since the moved CSI Miami from Monday to Sunday

Old 10-28-2010, 08:19 PM

3,135 posts, read 3,781,308 times
Thought that this was going to be much better than it has been. Has not lived up to the hype....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV