Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2012, 08:07 AM

113 posts, read 393,320 times

Advertisements

Good monday to all. I just wanted to stop by real quick and wish every one a good productive day. This is the week this whole extension fiasco is going to be resolved in a positive way. I can feel it I've got two interviews in two hours. I'll take either if they offer but would prefer one over the other for location reasons. I'm set to go as i also did a little background check on the administrator I'll be interviewing with to see if I could find a connection. I did. On their facebook they admitted when they started in their field they worked an entire year without a state certification and consider it the luckiest thing that changed their life. They wouldn't be doing what they are doing today had it not been for that chance. Thats been my problem with acute care around here they need an updated cert and the classes are just too expensive but if I could get hired at a lower wage i could manipulate my income around to pay for the classes or even see if the facility covers some of the cost. I think this is my day

Old 12-10-2012, 08:15 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic_me View Post
Good monday to all. I just wanted to stop by real quick and wish every one a good productive day. This is the week this whole extension fiasco is going to be resolved in a positive way. I can feel it I've got two interviews in two hours. I'll take either if they offer but would prefer one over the other for location reasons. I'm set to go as i also did a little background check on the administrator I'll be interviewing with to see if I could find a connection. I did. On their facebook they admitted when they started in their field they worked an entire year without a state certification and consider it the luckiest thing that changed their life. They wouldn't be doing what they are doing today had it not been for that chance. Thats been my problem with acute care around here they need an updated cert and the classes are just too expensive but if I could get hired at a lower wage i could manipulate my income around to pay for the classes or even see if the facility covers some of the cost. I think this is my day

is it because one is closer to home?

Old 12-10-2012, 09:49 AM

11,792 posts, read 5,798,330 times
Best of luck Cosmic! And here's hoping you're right about the extension as the Sunday paper had zilch as far as jobs and even the employment website is stagnant.

Old 12-10-2012, 10:27 AM

426 posts, read 1,909,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic_me View Post
I like your enthusiasm!

Old 12-10-2012, 12:05 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,484,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Best of luck Cosmic! And here's hoping you're right about the extension as the Sunday paper had zilch as far as jobs and even the employment website is stagnant.
Really? Sunday paper for job search?

Old 12-10-2012, 12:07 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado xxxxx View Post

Sunday papers are known for having huge employment sections

Old 12-10-2012, 07:52 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,075,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Not when I still have to

Pay rent
Pay bills
Buy food
Go to the Cleaners
Take out Lunch Money
Buy Tokens to get to the job

Just wasn't worth it so I told them no
So you could be still working there making much more than the temp rate.

If I remember right, the pay was MORE than what UI is paying, the only thing on your list that changes is transportation.

You just look for excuses.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado xxxxx View Post
REALLY? SERIOUSLY ?? You don't know about the want ads in the Sunday paper? You MUST be messing with TV&SG.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I believe having a online profile with a pleasant photo combined with a pleasant personality will make you employable regardless of how long you been unemployed.

Well then you about done for.

Old 12-10-2012, 08:05 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
Well then you about done for.

Yup I;m done
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment