Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 11:56 AM

220 posts, read 475,485 times

Advertisements

This is the determination for my UI. Here is what the correspondence stated:

The claimant was discharged by on . The employer discharged the claimant for violating a company rule. The employer failed to establish negligence or willful disregard of the rule on the part of the claimant. Ohio's legal standard that determines if a discharge is without just cause is whether the claimant's acts, omissions, or course of conduct were such that an ordinary person would find the discharge not justifiable. After a review of the facts, this agency finds that the claimant was discharged without just cause under Section 4141.29(D)(2)(a),Ohio Revised Code.

Can anyone translate this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2012, 12:02 PM

131 posts, read 260,774 times
Sounds like you would qualify for unemployment benefits.

Old 09-07-2012, 12:06 PM

44,355 posts, read 20,059,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHitman View Post

The claimant was discharged by on . The employer discharged the claimant for violating a company rule. The employer failed to establish negligence or willful disregard of the rule on the part of the claimant. Ohio's legal standard that determines if a discharge is without just cause is whether the claimant's acts, omissions, or course of conduct were such that an ordinary person would find the discharge not justifiable. After a review of the facts, this agency finds that the claimant was discharged without just cause under Section 4141.29(D)(2)(a),Ohio Revised Code.

I'm a paralegal, so am used to legalese. This means you were found not at fault for your discharge. You should be able to collect unemployment benefits.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 09-07-2012, 12:15 PM

220 posts, read 475,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSinger View Post
I'm a paralegal, so am used to legalese. This means you were found not at fault for your discharge. You should be able to collect unemployment benefits.

Thank PJ.

they actually did me a favor. I was bummed out with that job. I tried my best to be a good manager. When I was fired, I knew it was bogus.

Old 09-07-2012, 01:42 PM

44,355 posts, read 20,059,784 times
Quote:
Thank PJ.

they actually did me a favor. I was bummed out with that job. I tried my best to be a good manager. When I was fired, I knew it was bogus.
I know how you feel, TH. When I was laid off my job of almost 21 years on 8/3/2007, it was actually a relief. For the last year and a half they treated me like crap, hoping I'd quit, I'm sure. (They were having financial trouble and were laying people off left and right.) I had started hunting for a new job before they terminated me, but as long as I was still working full-time it was difficult to put in enough hours to the job search. It was a huge relief when they finally let me go, as though a huge weight was off my shoulders. It was scary, but I had high hopes of finding a much better job. And I did find one.

Because the firm let me go, through no fault of my own, I was eligible for unemployment comp. Unfortunately, though, my state (IN) penalized me for the unused vacation pay that the firm gave me at time of termination. The state took away two weeks of my benefits because I had received a check from my firm for two weeks' unused vacation pay. My co-worker who was terminated on the same day had used up her vacation time, so didn't get the extra check that I got. The state gave her benefits for those two extra weeks that they docked me for. Sure didn't seem fair to me!

Best of luck to you, TH.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 09-07-2012, 02:03 PM

426 posts, read 1,909,033 times
I just got one of those today myself. Congrats to you !!!!

Old 09-09-2012, 01:27 PM

13 posts, read 23,157 times
Quote:

If you were on trial it would mean your not guilty.

Old 09-09-2012, 01:29 PM

13 posts, read 23,157 times
Id have to say you won my friend...

Old 09-26-2012, 02:57 PM

7,237 posts, read 12,741,554 times
Ah yes, the "You don't deserve to have a job!!!" guy, lol...

http://www.city-data.com/forum/work-...-have-job.html

Old 09-26-2012, 03:18 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,477,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
Ah yes, the "You don't deserve to have a job!!!" guy, lol...

http://www.city-data.com/forum/work-...-have-job.html
Good catch. So, he's not a boss after all, but a lowly employee who just got fired? Fancy that - someone not telling the truth on CD. Wonder why he was REALLY let go?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment