Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2009, 04:58 PM

151 posts, read 317,661 times

Advertisements

Here is the e-mail address for the policy and procedure dept that another DOL rep gave to me. He agreed with my logic that the ability for Thurmond to "delay implementation" does NOT mean that he can change the effective date that we are eligible for benefits. Anyone else who is willing, please send an e-mail to them and ask WHY they are holding back our money beyond the date that we are eligible and the law has become effective.

uipolicy@dol.state.ga.us
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2009, 05:07 PM

461 posts, read 944,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarev View Post
State Extended Unemployment Compensation Application

IMPORTANT
If you file an SEB claim on or before June 20, 2009, the effective date of your claim will be May 24, 2009. Any claims filed after June 20, 2009, will be effective the date the claim is filed.

The above is what I just copied and pasted from the SEB application website. It won't let me past the first page since I already did the app but I don't remember any other info about the April date. However, this statement is what is on the GA DOL site under SEB info:

State Extended Benefits (SEB) - Claim Information

On April 21, 2009, state legislation authorizing payment of State Extended Benefits (SEB) was signed into law by the Governor. This law establishes SEB eligibility for individuals who have exhausted all regular Unemployment Insurance (UI) and Emergency Unemployment Compensation (EUC), First and Second Tiers on or after February 15, 2009.

So my question is, how can they post these dates and still say that they aren't paying us for any date prior to May 24th?
I don't know the answer to that, but seems to me they would go back atleast to April 21 with the retro... As far as I know I will be getting 16 weeks and That would be at least 6 checks and I sure could use that lump sum amount about now.... with 10 weeks left. Does anyone think once this runs out they will do another extension? I mean people are losing jobs left and right and there are no jobs out there really. I have 2 son's and if I take a job making 7.00 hour that is $280.00. Then taxes come out then another 180.00 weekly for childcare. I wouln't clear any money at all to pay bills with.

Old 05-26-2009, 05:11 PM

285 posts, read 661,795 times
Exactly mamarev and I am also wondering if when they do release our benefits will we get the 20 weeks (some of us 16 weeks) as a first tier and then 13 weeks (some 10 weeks) as a second tier or is it just 20 weeks or less accordingly.

Old 05-26-2009, 05:16 PM

285 posts, read 661,795 times
Motanaskye07 after going to other sites I am getting that with the TUR trigger states with high unemployment will receive 20 weeks and once the IUR is triggered there will be another 13 weeks available and so I am wondering will this be like the other tiers I and II.

Old 05-26-2009, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blromious View Post
Motanaskye07 after going to other sites I am getting that with the TUR trigger states with high unemployment will receive 20 weeks and once the IUR is triggered there will be another 13 weeks available and so I am wondering will this be like the other tiers I and II.
This is so confusing, because I thought you got 80% of what your orginal claim was. My original claim was 20, so that would mean 16 for me now.... Was is TUR and IUR? all this lingo I don't understand.

I hope that it will continue for those who can not find a job.. I mean it really does help and I am really trying but in my area there is no jobs that don't require bachelor's degrees, etc....... except the occasion 15 hours a week working for 6.15 hour and that is hardly worth it really by the time taxes are paid out of it and childcare, gas going to work etc.............

Old 05-26-2009, 06:15 PM

309 posts, read 649,386 times
hey ya'll
i just checked my certification for this week that just ended and its says will be paid--yippie!!!

Old 05-26-2009, 06:17 PM

309 posts, read 649,386 times
Default my seb is starting

Quote:
Originally Posted by montanaskye07 View Post
So did they say when they plan on sending the money or what? What about the pins that are not working?
effective this week-----

Old 05-26-2009, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginamae38 View Post
effective this week-----
Pins or money. My pin won't work and they reset it 4 times. They say all pins will work on Sunday so we shall see. Did you talk to someone today.

Old 05-26-2009, 06:26 PM

151 posts, read 317,661 times
Quote:
hey ya'll
i just checked my certification for this week that just ended and its says will be paid--yippie!!!
have you exhausted others and they are paying you EB this week? that is awesome!!!!

Old 05-26-2009, 06:28 PM

Quote:
hey ya'll
Are you still under the second tier, because I was told under the new SED you won't get paid for last week. It will not let you certify for this week until Sunday. My second tier ran out in March and I haven't certified since then and my pin has been suspended and like I said they reset it 4 times today and the lady told me it was probably because the pins won't work until the 31st to certify.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment