Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 07:09 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,499,657 times

Advertisements

For at least 3-5 weeks after my MIL passed away, I would sense her presence very strongly in the corner of my bedroom, in the exact same place. This was only in the middle of the night when I would typically wake up for a minute to go the the restroom and then go right back to sleep. Every time I would awake I strongly felt her in that corner, in the dark room. I never saw anything, never heard anything, and no physical touching either.

It was a bit scary to me to wake up in the middle of the night and feel that. I really wasn't sure if I was just thinking about her since she just passed or what.

Anyway, I asked her (in my mind, not talking) to not do that any more because it was scaring me.

I never felt her presence again . I miss her.

Last edited by sware2cod; 05-03-2012 at 07:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2012, 08:59 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,802,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
For at least 3-5 weeks after my MIL passed away, I would sense her presence very strongly in the corner of my bedroom, in the exact same place. This was only in the middle of the night when I would typically wake up for a minute to go the the restroom and then go right back to sleep. Every time I would awake I strongly felt her in that corner, in the dark room. I never saw anything, never heard anything, and no physical touching either.

It was a bit scary to me to wake up in the middle of the night and feel that. I really wasn't sure if I was just thinking about her since she just passed or what.

Anyway, I asked her (in my mind, not talking) to not do that any more because it was scaring me.

I never felt her presence again . I miss her.

it's a shame that frightened you. If you would like her or any deceased person to visit you, you can ask or invite them to do so in your dreams. Continue inviting them over and again, giving them permission to visit you while you sleep.

George Anderson has said,and I find it to be true---anytime you dream about someone and you never forget the dream or anything about it--then it was a visit.
I've had so many sleep visits and I can recall every single thing about the dream.........er...visit

Old 05-03-2012, 10:21 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,270,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
it's a shame that frightened you. If you would like her or any deceased person to visit you, you can ask or invite them to do so in your dreams. Continue inviting them over and again, giving them permission to visit you while you sleep.

George Anderson has said,and I find it to be true---anytime you dream about someone and you never forget the dream or anything about it--then it was a visit.
I've had so many sleep visits and I can recall every single thing about the dream.........er...visit
What happens in a visit? Do they "talk" to you, or are they just there?

Old 05-04-2012, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
What happens in a visit? Do they "talk" to you, or are they just there?

in MY instances they talk to me.
I've reached my hand out to 2 of them and actually felt them take my hand. I've felt them lie down beside me a few times. It varies.
Recently I've had multiple deceased relatives vist me in my dreams and we carried on conversations.

Dreaming about someone and them "visiting' you in your sleep are different. As I said--if you recall the dream vividly--always......I consider it a visit.

Old 05-04-2012, 12:50 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,296,262 times
I have had so many dream visitations over the years, and I can recall each and every one quite vividly. They never fade away.
Here is one I had last summer. I had been trying unsuccessfully to track down an old boyfriend who was also a friend of my entire family. Over the years, we stayed in touch, and we would call each other and talk for hours about everything. I knew he had been told by a doctor in November 2009, that he was lucky to live for 3-6 more months. He worked hard all of his life and right after he retired, he was given a terminal diagnosis of cancer. He emailed us all at the time of the diagnosis and said he would beat it, he was sure of it,etc.
I guess he died 3 months after that, in January of 2010. But none of us were ever told. His sister never put an obituary in the paper, so we all assumed he was still alive. Yet his phone was shut off, his email gone, even his home address did not work. So I kept looking for him for a very long time.

I finally had a dream last summer, in the dream he arrived at my house with a couple of women. I recognized one as his Mother when she was really young, but don't know who the other one was. His Mother had died a few years before he did. He, his car, and the women, were all surrounded with that golden white glow that everyone who has ever died has. That is how I can tell them apart from regular dream people, if they have the glow or not. They are always young again, the way I knew them when I was younger. Sometimes they are the age they were when they died, but they look luminous, really beautiful.

In the dream visit, He came up to me and hugged me and told me that he couldn't stay but had to be moving on now. I thought to myself in the dream, moving on to where? What is going on? He said he had to go to the desert to die. I thought, why would you want to do that? He smiled and said everything is ok now, but I have to go. We hugged for awhile, he kissed me and then he got in the car, and drove away into the golden white light and then I woke up.

After that dream, I got online first thing, went to check his Facebook page and one of his friends had left a Memorial message for him, including his photo the way he looked before he died, saying he would always miss him and what a great guy/friend he was. I then relayed the message to my family. And from his friend, who is now a friend to me on Facebook, he told me that he had died a year and a half ago. I found out later on that one of my sister's also had the dream visitation right after I did.

In all the dream visitations, I can see and touch the relatives, people, pets. They can do the same to me. It's like it's real. I have had all of my beloved pets appear to me all in that golden glow and I knew they were fine now. I had a few missing kitties from long ago that I never found, and they would appear to me in a dream visit. So when I woke up, I knew they had crossed over.

Old 05-04-2012, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I have had so many dream visitations over the years, and I can recall each and every one quite vividly. They never fade away.
Here is one I had last summer. I had been trying unsuccessfully to track down an old boyfriend who was also a friend of my entire family. Over the years, we stayed in touch, and we would call each other and talk for hours about everything. I knew he had been told by a doctor in November 2009, that he was lucky to live for 3-6 more months. He worked hard all of his life and right after he retired, he was given a terminal diagnosis of cancer. He emailed us all at the time of the diagnosis and said he would beat it, he was sure of it,etc.
I guess he died 3 months after that, in January of 2010. But none of us were ever told. His sister never put an obituary in the paper, so we all assumed he was still alive. Yet his phone was shut off, his email gone, even his home address did not work. So I kept looking for him for a very long time.

I finally had a dream last summer, in the dream he arrived at my house with a couple of women. I recognized one as his Mother when she was really young, but don't know who the other one was. His Mother had died a few years before he did. He, his car, and the women, were all surrounded with that golden white glow that everyone who has ever died has. That is how I can tell them apart from regular dream people, if they have the glow or not. They are always young again, the way I knew them when I was younger. Sometimes they are the age they were when they died, but they look luminous, really beautiful.

In the dream visit, He came up to me and hugged me and told me that he couldn't stay but had to be moving on now. I thought to myself in the dream, moving on to where? What is going on? He said he had to go to the desert to die. I thought, why would you want to do that? He smiled and said everything is ok now, but I have to go. We hugged for awhile, he kissed me and then he got in the car, and drove away into the golden white light and then I woke up.

After that dream, I got online first thing, went to check his Facebook page and one of his friends had left a Memorial message for him, including his photo the way he looked before he died, saying he would always miss him and what a great guy/friend he was. I then relayed the message to my family. And from his friend, who is now a friend to me on Facebook, he told me that he had died a year and a half ago. I found out later on that one of my sister's also had the dream visitation right after I did.

In all the dream visitations, I can see and touch the relatives, people, pets. They can do the same to me. It's like it's real. I have had all of my beloved pets appear to me all in that golden glow and I knew they were fine now. I had a few missing kitties from long ago that I never found, and they would appear to me in a dream visit. So when I woke up, I knew they had crossed over.

thanks for sharing,Pink.

Old 05-04-2012, 07:30 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,270,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
in MY instances they talk to me.
I've reached my hand out to 2 of them and actually felt them take my hand. I've felt them lie down beside me a few times. It varies.
Recently I've had multiple deceased relatives vist me in my dreams and we carried on conversations.

Dreaming about someone and them "visiting' you in your sleep are different. As I said--if you recall the dream vividly--always......I consider it a visit.
I asked because after my dad died, he was in my dreams over and over again, but he never talked to me or interacted with me, he would just be standing somewhere in the background. One in particular I remember, he was leaning against a tree. Didn't say anything, but just leaned against the tree in the background of my dream. Another dream I had, I saw my aunt (who died 2-1/2 months before my dad), her husband (who died several years prior), and my dad sitting on a park bench. Again, they didn't interact with me, but I saw them sitting there all together. I don't know/remember if it seemed like they were aware of my presence. I just know they didn't try to talk or interact with me. In another dream I saw neighbor that we had when I was a child. He did talk to me.

Old 05-04-2012, 10:45 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,118,547 times
My husband and his Dad had a rocky relationship, his Dad was a mean drunk & there were always problems...his mom left them all when he was little, and his Dad didn't handle it well, and married 4 more ladies... the last of which was the worst. My husband and her never got along, and he and his sisters hated her...and she them

My FIL died and was cremated...my husband and his sisters felt the ashes should go home iwht them, but of course the wife felt otherwise. She wouldn't let them take them...although she expressed that she didn't really want them. A short time after his death, we watched on the news that there was a hurricane in Florida where his wife still lived, where his ashes were still. We commented how we hoped everything would be alright and went to bed. I started to dream about his Dad's place in FL being completely destroyed by the storm, but then it was Dad, screaming at me to wake up and call her to make sure she puts his ashes somewhere safe. I jolted up in bed, woke my husband and told him, and even though it was the middle of the night, I picked up the phone and called her...that is how insistant he was in the dream that I do so! The storm had already passed through her area, and her place was fine and the ashes were fine... but it did seem to facilitate her returning the ashes to his chidren.

Old 05-04-2012, 12:51 PM

1,959 posts, read 3,103,616 times
After my grandfather died, he would appear to me in dreams that were so vivid, it was like it was real. He seemed happy and much younger. This went on a few years. Then in one dream I said it was great to see him again and he said 'yes of course but I don't know why THEY sent me back here this time'. Three days later, my grandmother, who wasn't ill, died. I never dreamed of him again after that.

Old 05-04-2012, 01:43 PM

7,975 posts, read 7,357,106 times
The night my dad died, I had a dream - I dreamed that I got up and walked into the living room and he was there sitting in his chair as always. (I had gone back home when I got the message of his death). I remember him asking me (in the dream), "Was it so very bad?" I knew, he meant my growing up years, I had some rocky times and he was always the "buffer" between me and my mother - in his eyes, I was perfect. I said, "No, Daddy, it was wonderful". He said he had to go and I asked if he would come back to see me, at my house? He said no, he had to go. I was 28 years old, and I woke up sweating and crying in my old room, with my three-year-old daughter sleeping next to me. It seemed so real.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal