Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2023, 03:31 PM

4,621 posts, read 2,218,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I guess certain people more than others tend to experience the paranormal. I don't seem to...at least I hope I don't! However, I have felt the same funny feeling in a few different places I've been in my life. It's the kind of overall unpleasant, odd feeling like I want to get out of that immediate room fast & one of those places is known to be haunted...the restroom this air museum. The other places were in the restroom of this old building on the grounds of a mental hospital, so I'm sure it's haunted. Also, the restroom of this other place that I don't know to be haunted, but I still had that same odd feeling. I have no idea why it's always in these places' restrooms. Odd!

Places like cemeteries seem to just have more energy, even though the person didn't actually die there, so that's a little puzzling to me. Maybe it's the fact there are so many dead people altogether in one place.
well I'm not going to say I'm the type of person that doesn't experience these things all I'm saying is I haven't. I am happy for that.

I have had on many occasions a very unsettling feeling. And I would quantify this feeling as being watched. What it is watching me who it is maybe it's actually somebody maybe it's some non-cirporeal thing or maybe it's all in my head. I don't know. This feeling does seem quite random to me and it's not really connected with a place or time.

That's interesting yours is connected to specifically restrooms I get this feeling sometimes in broad daylight sometimes inside of massive crowds. And I suppose yes sometimes in bathrooms.

The people I've talked to that are more into this sort of thing seem to indicate that whatever is at the cemetery is drawn there by the sorrow and I suppose that makes sense we're talking about spiritual entities test follow energy there's a lot of a very particular type of energy expended at the cemetery and of course there was also funeral homes on the cemetery grounds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2023, 05:21 PM

12,767 posts, read 14,959,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankrigby View Post
well I'm not going to say I'm the type of person that doesn't experience these things all I'm saying is I haven't. I am happy for that.

I have had on many occasions a very unsettling feeling. And I would quantify this feeling as being watched. What it is watching me who it is maybe it's actually somebody maybe it's some non-cirporeal thing or maybe it's all in my head. I don't know. This feeling does seem quite random to me and it's not really connected with a place or time.

That's interesting yours is connected to specifically restrooms I get this feeling sometimes in broad daylight sometimes inside of massive crowds. And I suppose yes sometimes in bathrooms.

The people I've talked to that are more into this sort of thing seem to indicate that whatever is at the cemetery is drawn there by the sorrow and I suppose that makes sense we're talking about spiritual entities test follow energy there's a lot of a very particular type of energy expended at the cemetery and of course there was also funeral homes on the cemetery grounds.

Woah, you've felt uneasy even in crowds sometimes? That would be an odd feeling. The times in the restrooms I've felt uneasy was when I was always alone in those restrooms.

Old 08-08-2023, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Woah, you've felt uneasy even in crowds sometimes? That would be an odd feeling.
My mother encounter what she considered a demon in a baseball stadium and everybody was exiting. And it spoke to her.

The uneasy feeling you get it's just being watched that's the only thing I can quantify it as. I did have one issue I'm not sure if it was a paranormal experience. But I was in my mid 20s working at a youth camp for a summer. At the time I was dealing with a lot of psychological issues mostly related to anxiety and depression. And sometimes I would fall asleep and that in between. Where your consciousness seems to stretch out. You're not lucid but you're still conscious I would see a humanoid creature. I never saw it outside of that camp, but there was something specific to that camp without getting into too much personal stuff (people seem to get upset when I mention it not that I'm guarded) that may have triggered those manifestations much more than any other part of my normal life. Where it could have been some entity there that fed off the energy I don't know.

I don't know if I would consider that paranormal there was absolutely no physical evidence that it was ever there. I would see it in my faltering vision and I would shock awake and it was gone no indication that it had ever been there. No footprints no tent glass flaps rustling. It could have very easily been part of what was bothering me a manifestation. I would have described you this creature I saw as sort of demon like but I never saw a face just like a silhouette.

Listen to only occur when my thoughts were dwelling either earlier that day or that night when I was in bed on what was bothering me.
Quote:
The times in the restrooms I've felt uneasy was when I was always alone in those restrooms.
yeah I get that liminal space like a restroom can be a bit creepy there's no one in there.

I do find places that you're normally in with a lot of people when they're desolated to be very strange.

Old 08-08-2023, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankrigby View Post
My mother encounter what she considered a demon in a baseball stadium and everybody was exiting. And it spoke to her.

The uneasy feeling you get it's just being watched that's the only thing I can quantify it as. I did have one issue I'm not sure if it was a paranormal experience. But I was in my mid 20s working at a youth camp for a summer. At the time I was dealing with a lot of psychological issues mostly related to anxiety and depression. And sometimes I would fall asleep and that in between. Where your consciousness seems to stretch out. You're not lucid but you're still conscious I would see a humanoid creature. I never saw it outside of that camp, but there was something specific to that camp without getting into too much personal stuff (people seem to get upset when I mention it not that I'm guarded) that may have triggered those manifestations much more than any other part of my normal life. Where it could have been some entity there that fed off the energy I don't know.

I don't know if I would consider that paranormal there was absolutely no physical evidence that it was ever there. I would see it in my faltering vision and I would shock awake and it was gone no indication that it had ever been there. No footprints no tent glass flaps rustling. It could have very easily been part of what was bothering me a manifestation. I would have described you this creature I saw as sort of demon like but I never saw a face just like a silhouette.

Listen to only occur when my thoughts were dwelling either earlier that day or that night when I was in bed on what was bothering me.
yeah I get that liminal space like a restroom can be a bit creepy there's no one in there.

I do find places that you're normally in with a lot of people when they're desolated to be very strange.

Well, you've certainly experienced more than I ever have. I've only experienced those odd-feling restroom feelings & that's it. I don't want to exprience a thing else. I just hope when I can get a home someday that it's not haunted in any way, shape, or form.

Old 08-09-2023, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Well, you've certainly experienced more than I ever have. I've only experienced those odd-feling restroom feelings & that's it. I don't want to exprience a thing else. I just hope when I can get a home someday that it's not haunted in any way, shape, or form.
Agreed. I'm not sure if it was an experience or not.

Old 03-18-2024, 03:32 PM

1,289 posts, read 722,499 times
I've had several experiences since then. I'll try to share them when I have some more time... Meanwhile.. what about you?

Old 03-18-2024, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HolyNinja~ View Post
I've had several experiences since then. I'll try to share them when I have some more time... Meanwhile.. what about you?

Yes, share them when you can! As far I'm concerned, I've been working remotely now for the past 10 years, so no haunted workplaces here!

Old 03-29-2024, 11:34 PM

1,011 posts, read 785,071 times
I used to work night shift at a old hospital in the er and the break room was inside a closed unit. I would take my break in there and felt like i was being watched or someone was in the room with me.I got so creeped out I started taking my break upfront at my work station. My co workers said they saw ghosts or heard voices or the machines in the kids unit would go off.

The whole Hospital Building was old and creepy. They build an addition to the hospital and moved the operating room and a few other things to the new building and left the old or empty. The security guards gave me a tour of the old operating room and let me tell you it was creepy as heck.

Old 03-30-2024, 11:24 AM

5,671 posts, read 5,868,959 times
Dear, sweet Mr Fuller. Old black man I use to work with. Think of Hoke on Driving Ms Daisy. Same mannerism, couldnt read either, but just the sweetest, coolest old dude you could ever meet. He was tagging rolls at work and died from a massive heart attack. We left his hat hanging on the hat rack for year, and was there when I left. It was weird that some mornings the hat would be on one peg, the next morning another. Sometimes we would find it on the hook he would sometimes hang it on out next to where he worked. Sometimes early in the morning before all the lights were on youd see a figure move around, sometimes you could here the "Hey Now!" of Mr Fuller when he would walk in. The building and business is gone, and there a Bojangles there now, and one of the employees told me they have heard the "Hey Now" more than once when they first come in and turn on the lights.

Old 04-03-2024, 06:05 PM

12 posts, read 6,783 times
My sister-in-law used to work as a security guard on second shift at Western Kentucky State (Not sure if that is what it is called now.) Anyway, parts of the building were pre-Civil War era and were said to have been on the Underground Railroad. And as is the case with many old mental facilities, it was supposed to be haunted.
One afternoon in late summer my sister-in-law reported for work. It was already getting dark and a thunderstorm was brewing when she finally started doing her rounds on the abandoned third floor of the building. As she was walking down the echoing corridors, she said she started to get a very uneasy feeling and kept looking over her shoulder but no one was there of course. There was no electricity on the third floor but she had a big flashlight and she opened the closed doors and checked the empty rooms to make sure everything was ok. As she started going down one particular hallway, however, the feeling of being watched was even stronger and her skin broke out into goosebumps. But she kept going and reluctantly opened each door. There was one room at the end of the hallway that stood in shadow and the lightning was flashing ominously outside. She started to get very nervous and jittery and even started sweating when she got to the door. Sister-in-law said she didn't want to open that door but finally with a rush threw it open. Inside, there was some old painting of a young girl from antebellum times. According to my sister-in-law, the painting turned into some sort of (take you pick) ghost, phantom, supernatural being, whathaveyou. She shrieked, threw her flashlight at it and charged out of the room, running to the nearest staircase and taking the stairs two at a time. She made it to the reception area huffing and puffing. The clerk took one look at her and said that my sister-in-law's long hair was standing up on end and she could see the whites of her eyes. It was well known to the staff that the third floor was haunted and now my sister-in-law saw it for herself. Needless to say, she didn't last long on that job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal