Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2013, 04:59 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,801,723 times

Advertisements

Nevermind folks lol. Got this covered. Switched into high gear and got a lot done around here and started to think about my dance friends in my old town and now this one as I know several folks already and though I had planned to skip the dance with so much to do, I've decided to go and have a splendid time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2013, 05:55 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,674,702 times
Read the email and laugh at his childish threatening actions and say, "pffft! What a feaking dork!"
Don't reply to the emails, let him know that as long as this is the sort of email you are going to get, you refuse to discuss.
Send a true collected discussion of the issues and you will reply.
For the rip off landlord- I have had that. Left the place cleaner than when I moved in, but moved over 300 miles away so he knew it would be very hard for me to sue him (make all the trips up there to file, get the papers once signed, return for the case). But ya' know....it's only money. You will get more. Don't be pissed about it, what is done is done. If you can sue him, do it. Not saying write it off, but depending on the overall kind of effort and feelings involved it may just be better to let it go.

As for your dd's behavior, she embarrassed you correct? You are in control of your feelings. You either allow others actions effect you a certain way that feels bad, or you can 'fight back'. I would have laughed at my kid and have some sort of witty sarcastic remark (that's not mean, just clever) to throw at them. That's my way of taking in that knee jerk thinking/feeling and throwing it away (back at them).
I had a friend that used some really out of the box parenting.
Her daughter was much too old for a temper tantrum, but had one in the mall. Mom got on the floor with her and had her own 'tantrum' over her daughters behavior. The kid was SO embarrassed and never acted out like that again.
Most mom's would have gotten stressed and angry in that situation. Usually what ever they do does not correct the child's behavior either. My friend had fun with it...and it was effective!

So in your stressed times- don't see them as stressful. Find a way to play and have fun with the situation. Turn it into a challenge and go willingly into the midst of crazy...lol.

Old 08-11-2013, 07:37 AM

Thanks Owl I needed that. My friend also pointed out something I hadn't thought of--that I have all these men just going crazy lol. What power, she said. LOL. Like the ex is just getting more and more irate and I've dealt with him very calmly. I told him to go ahead and get a lawyer b/c he doesn't have a case so he'd just waste his money and sure enough he backed down on that. And then I just untied myself emotionally from the outcome b/c there isn't a problem here anyway--everything I've done is legal and aboveboard and if he was being nice I might have to make a decision but his bullying makes it really easy for me. So, I guess I'm grateful? !!! And I truly am grateful that I was able to divorce him. I know that sounds crazy but his grandparents had the same problem in their marriage (G-pa was gay) and were not able to divorce. Oh I guess they could've but the stigma would have been too great. I didn't have to deal with that.

The negative last night is that the ex-bf came to the dance and played the victim and told everyone that he just doesn't understand--this is after I told him quite a few times what the problem is. I guess he just wanted sympathy but I distracted myself by flirting with another man (one I"m attracted to anyway) and then left with him to grab a bite to eat. He he. Hopefully that will nip that one in the bud.

As for the dd--I guess she'll grow up eventually. I think I handled it rather appropriately and I did end up having to embarrass her so your advice was spot on. Many parents dream of having their child be valedictorian of the class but the fact is that it's not all it's cracked up to be--they can get really arrogant and have to be taken down a notch or two, or more even. All kids have a lot to learn.

Old 08-11-2013, 11:42 AM

Great news--had a long talk with the landlord and he apologized and refunded part of the money. LOL, I didn't even try to attract that either.

The ex has left me alone today.

Getting lots done. There was my gratitude list for the day.

Old 08-11-2013, 12:23 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,974,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Interesting change to meaning of the words I used.

Working hard = doing a good job, putting in effort, doing the right thing.

I assume you're not implying that "working hard" by that definition - the one I clearly used - is a bad thing? I think we can all understand that people lounging around, doing nothing, do not gain some special power to have good things showered upon them.

How what I clearly said was turned into "thinking life is easy is better than thinking it is hard" is beyond me.

I am sure there are health benefits to thinking life is easy vs thinking it is hard. I am also equally sure that those thoughts have no "magical" ability to alter the laws of probability around the person. The only tangible benefit is that the less stressed person has lower blood pressure, etc. They do not gain the ability to fundamentally mess with the laws of nature.

Also, the "Two Slit Experiment" isn't really part of this discussion at all, but if it were, it would actually DISPROVE the "laws of attraction" since the results of that experiment, if we assume they can be affected by the mental attitude of the observer, would vary depending upon the mindset and beliefs of the one doing the observing. Since the results do not vary, that at least clearly proves that the "laws of attraction" do not affect that aspect of the laws of physics, and certainly proves that the Two Slit Experiment doesn't offer any support of the "laws of attraction."
What it seems to prove, though, is that there is some quality in human observation that can change the behavior of photons.

We do not know how that works, but it does prove that mind does influence matter.

How about 'spooky action from a distance'? If that doesn't sound like sympathetic magic, I don't know what does.

Old 08-11-2013, 08:57 PM

23,223 posts, read 29,051,044 times
Projection can play a huge role in attraction. When you fall in hopelessly in love too quickly, or you fall head over heels in love with someone, oftentimes it's projection at work!

Projective relationships are not considered healthy relationships, but they can sure be enjoyable while they last!

Old 08-12-2013, 08:02 PM

Hey I thought I'd let you all know that over on amazon you can get the kindle edition of Manifesting: The Secret behind the Law of Attraction for just .99. I mean for that price it's just a pamphlet of 59 pages but it's a great intro to this and has most of what you need to know and all you need to know to get started.

One of the concepts that was discussed that I found helpful is it tells you to be careful to know the difference between wanting something and manifesting it. (Hope I"m saying this right as I don't have it by me at the moment.) The difference is that when you simply want something you're focusing on your lack of that thing and it will lower your energy. Let's say you really honestly feel that you need about $500 more a month to meet all expenses and have a slight cushion. Well of course you want that $500--you may think about it all the time. But in manifesting it, you spend some time each day imagining how you will feel when you have that extra--imagine the feeling of paying your bills w/o having to figure out the minimum payment on everything or who is least likely to cut you off--imagine being able to go to the grocery store and get that really cool cooking magazine or shrimp instead of beans. If you need a new pair of shoes you just get them. How does that feel?

Or you want a new job. You imagine how it will feel to walk into that office or your new classroom every day--think about how you plan to arrange things. Well you guys get the picture.

Or here's another thing it talks about and that's energy and how to raise your level. There was a list of things you could do but the one that really jumped out at me is this: "Complete cycles instead of procrastinating--finishing projects or some things that need to be done fress up a lot of energy which can then be used for LOA work." I know this is true b/c when I do manage to finish something I do get a burst of energy that just feels so good I feel like I could do anything. And if you think about it procrastination is just a deferred decision that blocks energy. Wow. Good stuff there.

I have to apologize about my personal stuff on here but I hope it helped someone to realize that this works even for folks like me who can spiral down into a negative loop and the trick is to not stay there!

Last edited by stepka; 08-12-2013 at 08:41 PM..

Old 08-13-2013, 08:16 AM

1,742 posts, read 3,117,148 times

All great stuff.

Old 08-13-2013, 02:53 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,674,702 times
Quote:
One of the concepts that was discussed that I found helpful is it tells you to be careful to know the difference between wanting something and manifesting it. (Hope I"m saying this right as I don't have it by me at the moment.) The difference is that when you simply want something you're focusing on your lack of that thing and it will lower your energy. Let's say you really honestly feel that you need about $500 more a month to meet all expenses and have a slight cushion. Well of course you want that $500--you may think about it all the time. But in manifesting it, you spend some time each day imagining how you will feel when you have that extra--imagine the feeling of paying your bills w/o having to figure out the minimum payment on everything or who is least likely to cut you off--imagine being able to go to the grocery store and get that really cool cooking magazine or shrimp instead of beans. If you need a new pair of shoes you just get them. How does that feel?

Or you want a new job. You imagine how it will feel to walk into that office or your new classroom every day--think about how you plan to arrange things. Well you guys get the picture.
The English language sure can bugger things up. Wanting of course implies there is a lacking. A desire is also a want. We can 'want' what ever and put it out there, but as you say, you have to feel that you have it, deserve it. You have to know you will get it.
I think the mistake that is made with wanting (the word in itself is not anti-manifestation) is that when 'we' want it leads to where is it going to come from, how am I going to get it... Can't do that!

I wanted a new job. I'd say it often but I did not give it much thought after that. I'd be feeling burned out with the job I had and verbalized that. However my thinking was, the perfect job will come when the time is right. And, I put what aspects of the job would be on our 'I am' board.
I wanted a creative, family dynamic, with all the things I need in a job. Which covered being able to finish college and then some. I would occasionally look at job listings and found a few that I would enjoy, but was not exactly what I wanted, but I applied anyway (the action/effort). I was not bothered that I was not asked for an interview. I just kept on.
Then one day, as I was walking into my printmaking class, there was a flyer.
'Production assistant needed for screen print business: part time, experience while you attend school, opportunity to move up, insurance' etc.
Right after class I went and applied, that was Friday. Come Monday they called for an interview and at the end of the interview, I had the job.

Old 08-13-2013, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
Then one day, as I was walking into my printmaking class, there was a flyer.
'Production assistant needed for screen print business: part time, experience while you attend school, opportunity to move up, insurance' etc.
Right after class I went and applied, that was Friday. Come Monday they called for an interview and at the end of the interview, I had the job.
Am I right in assuming that it was a better fit for you than any job you've had?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal