Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2019, 10:38 PM

1,665 posts, read 975,576 times

Advertisements

Always had this feeling. Maine has drawn my attention for a very long time. East Tennessee and Ouachita/Ozark regions of Arkansas. Been to those places, except Maine. Felt so much at home in those states. Planning a trip to Maine. Wife and I thought about just selling our place and move there. Just scared of the stories of the high cost of living, taxes and the job market.

We're just tired of Louisiana humidity and the backwards laws it has. Looking to leave everything behind and enjoy our lives the way we want to. Have 4 seasons, relaxed lifestyle because we've worked so hard for so long paying for our mistakes while young...And mostly, live for each other in a place where we really love it! Oh and if we ever make it to Maine, enjoy some Norman Rockwell type picturesque villages!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2019, 01:32 AM

166 posts, read 170,992 times
I had a trip to Germany 3 years ago. Have a friend there so i decided to pay her a visit. On my second day there, we were came by the old part of the town. I felt like i was about to cross a threshold - like i had to lift my feet off the ground and cross a line. So i stepped further ahead and felt a wave of emotions overcoming me - mixture of sadness and happiness. And there was nothing to make me sad there - nothing, just stones, bricks and concrete. I almost cried like i have been away from home for soo long.

Old 01-08-2019, 11:37 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,606,599 times
Yes, I have. A couple of places, to be exact. Due to life circumstances, I have never been able to visit a couple of them though.

#1- Black Forest area of Germany. I don't know why, as my ancestry goes back to the UK and Ireland mainly, and no one in my family has ever been to Germany as far as I can tell. I never had a specific place in mind, just Germany in general. That is, until I met a lady I used to work with, who grew up in Heidelberg, and lived in Stuttgart for many years. I looked these cities up, and it was like I had found what I was looking for. I started watching videos about the area, and reading all about them, and just generally annoying my husband talking about it. We are currently saving up to make a trip over there in the next year or so, so as long as life doesn't throw yet another curveball our way, maybe I will actually get to visit!

#2- Boston. Again, not sure why, as my ancestors time in the US is exclusively in the south from I have been able to find out. Ever since I was a kid, I have been obsessed with the revolutionary time period, Paul Revere, and things like that. I love all the old homes, and the Back Bay area. This is not a new thing for me, and I am still obsessed with the area, and the history surrounding it.

#3- Chicago. I had always been intrigued by Chicago, especially after watching several movies that took place there as a kid, but never had the chance to visit as a kid or young adult, but actually ended up honeymooning there. I honestly didn't want to leave. I just felt at home there more so than anywhere else I had ever been or lived. I loved the food, the people were fantastic, the February weather was fantastic too (It snowed all 7 days we were there, and I loved it), the hustle and bustle, just everything!

Old 01-09-2019, 01:54 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,087,910 times
Anadarko,oklahoma-----saw the place I dreamt of in my younger years exactly in detail.It excited me and made me sad as i also remembered how I died in the frequent dreams outside the dwelling which was exactly as I saw in my dreams.It reminded me why I was so afraid of horses all my life too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal