Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2019, 11:11 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,154,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Fair enough. But you're basing your feeling on fiction, not evidence. I love STAR WARS and THE X-FILES as much as anyone and more than most, but I don't think aliens are necessarily going to act like Emperor Palpatine, nor do I think all government officials are Cancer Man.
On that note: We created god in our image and we are creating aliens in our image. We cannot comprehend what we cannot comprehend; so we create our gods, our deities, and our aliens in our image.

Right now there is probably a greater chance of something similar to the Terminator's Skynet that will be the first invaders. It would probably be very quick; considering where the military is headed and it would not leave too many survivors. That said; there is always a chance that another civilization fell to AI and they could be the first invaders or harvesters?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2019, 12:57 PM

22,922 posts, read 28,289,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
We know they ARE interested in us though...the proof is, the reports keep coming in, many are pretty close in the details, like I said above 'they show up, stick around a short time, or toy around with aircraft, and then vanish or shoot off into the sky'.
That isn't proof they are interested in us.

Imagine my daily walk from the point of view of the ants. "This vast creature consistently walks by our hill every day at this time. Some times he even has a smaller four-legged creature with him that empties its liquid near our hill. This odd creature is obviously fascinated by us!"

Except I'm not. I have my own interests and reasons for walking that have nothing to do with the ants. Most of the time I don't even notice them. If I have ever accidentally stepped on a hill, it wasn't by design. Just accidental.

If interstellar beings are visiting us --- still a big unproven IF, by the way --- their psyches may be as far removed from ours as ours is from the ants. Or not. We simply have no way of knowing. They may be completely disinterested in us, but fascinated by pollen or fireflies. Or not. Again: No way to know for sure. But the wondering sure is fun.

Old 05-11-2019, 12:59 PM

22,922 posts, read 28,289,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Right now there is probably a greater chance of something similar to the Terminator's Skynet that will be the first invaders. It would probably be very quick; considering where the military is headed and it would not leave too many survivors. That said; there is always a chance that another civilization fell to AI and they could be the first invaders or harvesters?
Our machines won't need to enslave us. We have gleefully enslaved ourselves.

Old 05-15-2019, 07:41 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,229,238 times
Quote:
I believe the alien visitors would try to claim they are our creators...this would definitely start some HUGE societal problems!

If we ever do get visitors odds are greater than not that they ARE our creators.

Old 05-16-2019, 09:51 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,612,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
If we ever do get visitors odds are greater than not that they ARE our creators.
I think this would explain a lot of the mystery and secrecy that surrounds the UFO topic as a whole. It would also explain why we havent found any other planets with life or any signs of past civilizations either.

( Our ENTIRE known world, space included, may be one GIANT 'test tube').

Old 05-16-2019, 09:10 PM

777 posts, read 882,228 times
Quote:
I think this would explain a lot of the mystery and secrecy that surrounds the UFO topic as a whole. It would also explain why we havent found any other planets with life or any signs of past civilizations either.

( Our ENTIRE known world, space included, may be one GIANT 'test tube').
There have been planets that have been spotted by astronomers who are
sure they have similar atmospheres to Earth. The problem is they are so far
away that there is no present chance of reaching them. Since the light needed
to see them left them hundreds of years ago, it is not certain they still have the
same atmosphere.

Old 05-16-2019, 09:33 PM

3,551 posts, read 2,534,326 times
My theory. UFOs are the alien teenagers taking out the ship for joyrides.

Alien Dad: Dammit Junior, you didn't have the shields on last night. We are trying to mold these beings and you might have messed it up.
Junior: But Dad, I was just trying to tune the radio, Earth has some really interesting music...
Alien Dad: I don't want to hear it! Go to your room, and no driving for 20 suns, while you think about what you did.

Old 05-17-2019, 10:30 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,947,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by feck View Post
There have been planets that have been spotted by astronomers who are
sure they have similar atmospheres to Earth. The problem is they are so far
away that there is no present chance of reaching them. Since the light needed
to see them left them hundreds of years ago, it is not certain they still have the
same atmosphere.
Sorry, this isn't the case - yet. As far as I know, the only atmosphere that's been confirmed on an earthsized planet is that surrounding Gliese 1132B:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gliese_1132_b

The planet's hotter than Venus and receives a huge amount of radiation. Which means it's as uninhabitable as Venus (reason: proteins and complex molecules associated with life can't survive at those temperatures). Other exoplanets are gas giants or superearths very close to their stars, with hellish atmospheres, like this one:

Hubble reveals the most detailed exoplanet atmosphere we

The telescopes we've put into orbit so far couldn't detect an earthlike planet in a habitable zone, except around red dwarfs - and the flare activity on those stars makes it unlikely life could get a foothold on these stars.

They're talking about a next generation telescope after James Webb that could do detailed analyses of earthlike planets in our neighborhood to detect signs of life, but that technology is still in the planning stages:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-D...pace_Telescope

If there are astronomers who have claimed to have detected planets with earthlike atmospheres at temperatures that would sustain life, I haven't run into them in my readings.

Old 05-17-2019, 09:10 PM

6,957 posts, read 6,882,745 times
Fukushima is a nuclear disaster - STILL. The 3 cores are still underground burning their way to the centre of the earth and being 'cooled' by water from the local stream which is flowing out into the sea irradiating the aquatic creatures and fish.

Nuclear technology is still going on, it has not stopped or died down. Nuclear power stations are still being built in countries all over the world. Dramatic earth disasters are still going to destroy these facilities, we cannot plan for all of them. Many are built on fault lines too. Heaven help the USA when the big earthquake or tidal wave destroys the West coast because there will be all that radiation cloud to deal with as well as the disaster caused by the Earth.

Alien abductions are real. Go ask those people who are experiencing them. Travis Walton is one very good documented case, but there are others like Betty and Barney Hill. Does it seem to you guys that aliens are friendly? I dont know anyone who will want to be kidnapped and and have scientific biological experiments performed on them without consent. That is really getting up-close and personal.

This means that they (at least those species who abduct) do not have much regard for our individual well-being.

Old 05-17-2019, 11:19 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,612,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Fukushima is a nuclear disaster - STILL. The 3 cores are still underground burning their way to the centre of the earth and being 'cooled' by water from the local stream which is flowing out into the sea irradiating the aquatic creatures and fish.

Nuclear technology is still going on, it has not stopped or died down. Nuclear power stations are still being built in countries all over the world. Dramatic earth disasters are still going to destroy these facilities, we cannot plan for all of them. Many are built on fault lines too. Heaven help the USA when the big earthquake or tidal wave destroys the West coast because there will be all that radiation cloud to deal with as well as the disaster caused by the Earth.

Alien abductions are real. Go ask those people who are experiencing them. Travis Walton is one very good documented case, but there are others like Betty and Barney Hill. Does it seem to you guys that aliens are friendly? I dont know anyone who will want to be kidnapped and and have scientific biological experiments performed on them without consent. That is really getting up-close and personal.

This means that they (at least those species who abduct) do not have much regard for our individual well-being.
Thats an aspect of abductions I dont understand, if they wanted to experiment with us or learn about our bodies, genetics, etc. they could do this from a handful of people...in other words, they would NOT need to keep abducting people year after year after year!

I have heard the theory that they are creating hybrids, and even one theory where they have been slowly changing us into 'themselves'...if they keep doing this, after 100 or so more years, the human body may look like the stereotypical 'gray alien'!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal