Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2021, 11:30 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,099,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I think you ignore the HUGE cultural difference between countries.

In China, people wear masks, they follow directions from the government, and most are still wearing masks even now. In some of the hardest hit countries, the populations fight against the "wisdom of the authorities" (notice I put this in quotes because I am not sure how wise their wisdom actually is), and disregard the guidelines. They go out without masks, they have a happy-go-lucky mindset as if they will never catch the virus.

I am not saying either approach is right or wrong, however, there are indicators that where the population has followed guidelines (for whatever reason) this suggests that they have recovered quicker than others.
What is China doing that we are not, besides "compliance"? This is not a rhetorical question ... Because everytime I try searching; the answer keeps coming back as "Traditional" Chinese Medicine. I think masks help but it's not masking alone. It's not the vaccine. I'm being told by msm that vaccine uptake is "slow" in China & rates were almost nil for months before any vaccine was available.

It's a preventative or treatment measure that is not being shared with the rest of the world. Is it really "traditional" medicine? Because I'm suspicious of that. But if it really is; what is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
It was the pursuit of such a pan-vaccine that drove the Wuhan Virology Institute to engineer the SARS-CoV2 virus, which then leaked from their lab.

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/...accine/618701/
It would be helpful to know exactly how it was leaked. If it came from humans accidentally infected/intentionally infected with just the virus .... Or ... If it came from a person vaccinated in a trial. Especially if it's the latter; this is not going to be over for a very long time, if ever.

If we could have at least had the honest answer from the start, we could be so much farther ahead by now.

Old 05-03-2021, 03:58 AM

4,180 posts, read 5,060,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
It would be helpful to know exactly how it was leaked. If it came from humans accidentally infected/intentionally infected with just the virus .... Or ... If it came from a person vaccinated in a trial. Especially if it's the latter; this is not going to be over for a very long time, if ever.

If we could have at least had the honest answer from the start, we could be so much farther ahead by now.
The CCP will never admit/reveal how it leaked out.

Old 05-04-2021, 03:44 PM

2,451 posts, read 1,680,959 times
I got injected with my second dose of nanobots today.

Old 05-04-2021, 06:22 PM

4,180 posts, read 5,060,271 times
Satellite imagery showed an increase of hospital traffic in the Wuhan region, & covid19 symptoms-related queries in search engines... how come no one heard about any of it ? Because it was all covered up by the CCP.

3 Sept. 2019 -- https://dash.harvard.edu/handle/1/42669767

This means we still have alot to learn about the early stages of this pandemic, and that learning will lead us to the origin of this pandemic.
The WHO made a big fuss about finding the origin of the pandemic, but that quieted down once the trail kept leading back to the WVI.
If the world wants to avoid a repeat of covid19, the truth about the lab leak must be made known.

Old 05-05-2021, 01:05 AM

949 posts, read 788,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
What is China doing that we are not, besides "compliance"? This is not a rhetorical question ... Because everytime I try searching; the answer keeps coming back as "Traditional" Chinese Medicine. I think masks help but it's not masking alone. It's not the vaccine. I'm being told by msm that vaccine uptake is "slow" in China & rates were almost nil for months before any vaccine was available.

It's a preventative or treatment measure that is not being shared with the rest of the world. Is it really "traditional" medicine? Because I'm suspicious of that. But if it really is; what is it?
China virtually eliminated covid-19 from its population via a complete lockdown for two months (as did New Zealand). If nobody is carrying the virus, it can't spread. The virus cannot survive outside the human body long enough to continue to propagate infection after all the carriers are eliminated or cured (unlike a bacteria). Wuhan was completely shut down w/only one person allowed out of their residence at most once per day to run required errands. There's a video of Chinese workers welding an apartment building's door shut ostensibly to keep the residents in. All public transport stopped. Communist party workers set up stations where they could enforce the regulations on a block-by-block, building-by-building basis. Chinese officials conducted house-by-house searches to locate anyone infected. They had to leave to go to their quarantine center. There are videos of people being dragged from their homes.

Since last summer, there have been outbreaks attributed to people coming into the country. Each outbreak of covid in China has resulted in an immediate lockdown, mandatory testing and contact tracing. Each outbreak was quickly crushed; eliminating the virus. I'm guessing there is also a lot of ongoing testing happening every time someone gets a sniffle to detect covid ASAP if it does re-enter the population.

That's how you deal with a pandemic; crush it.

I could spin a good conspiracy theorist yarn that for China, this was a test run to see how the US could handle a pandemic vs how the Chinese could handle it. We flunked! They won; no contest! Now China knows that if they do ever release a really deadly virus, it will basically destroy the US as we know it, while they have a proven game plan to deal with it. Who says they need a superior military to defeat the US when all they need is a virus and nobody would even know where it came from. Back it up with a bunch of Chinese bots trolling the internet seeding doubts among Americans about treatments and the seriousness of the threat to urge noncompliance with public health recommendations. It's part of their strategy of asymmetric warfare.

Last edited by mitchmiller9; 05-05-2021 at 02:01 AM..

Old 05-05-2021, 10:12 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,213,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchmiller9 View Post
China virtually eliminated covid-19 from its population via a complete lockdown for two months (as did New Zealand). If nobody is carrying the virus, it can't spread. The virus cannot survive outside the human body long enough to continue to propagate infection after all the carriers are eliminated or cured (unlike a bacteria). Wuhan was completely shut down w/only one person allowed out of their residence at most once per day to run required errands. There's a video of Chinese workers welding an apartment building's door shut ostensibly to keep the residents in. All public transport stopped. Communist party workers set up stations where they could enforce the regulations on a block-by-block, building-by-building basis. Chinese officials conducted house-by-house searches to locate anyone infected. They had to leave to go to their quarantine center. There are videos of people being dragged from their homes.

Since last summer, there have been outbreaks attributed to people coming into the country. Each outbreak of covid in China has resulted in an immediate lockdown, mandatory testing and contact tracing. Each outbreak was quickly crushed; eliminating the virus. I'm guessing there is also a lot of ongoing testing happening every time someone gets a sniffle to detect covid ASAP if it does re-enter the population.

That's how you deal with a pandemic; crush it.

I could spin a good conspiracy theorist yarn that for China, this was a test run to see how the US could handle a pandemic vs how the Chinese could handle it. We flunked! They won; no contest! Now China knows that if they do ever release a really deadly virus, it will basically destroy the US as we know it, while they have a proven game plan to deal with it. Who says they need a superior military to defeat the US when all they need is a virus and nobody would even know where it came from. Back it up with a bunch of Chinese bots trolling the internet seeding doubts among Americans about treatments and the seriousness of the threat to urge noncompliance with public health recommendations. It's part of their strategy of asymmetric warfare.

First, I wouldn't trust their numbers and claims about how well they handled it. While they were reporting Wuhan deaths as a few thousand, ground reports had dozens of crematoriums each order thousands of extra urns.

Second, their quick and absolute lockdown over what was just a few dozen mysterious cases of the "flu" at the time indicates they knew in advance - before even identifying the virus - just what it was and how infectious it was.

Third, we still outnumber them in nukes about 5000 to 300 so we can "depopulate" China pretty fast if we want.

Old 05-05-2021, 01:51 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,251,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
I got injected with my second dose of nanobots today.
Mine’s Friday!

Old 05-05-2021, 04:02 PM

2,451 posts, read 1,680,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Mine’s Friday!
Best of luck. I feel like warmed over death today but would do it again. My wife also felt.bad the day after her second shot.

Old 05-05-2021, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Best of luck. I feel like warmed over death today but would do it again. My wife also felt.bad the day after her second shot.
It should be interesting. I had Covid back in early December, and so the first shot hit me like that. I probably should get some soup on hand just in case I feel like garbage again.

Old 05-05-2021, 05:13 PM

Quote:
It should be interesting. I had Covid back in early December, and so the first shot hit me like that. I probably should get some soup on hand just in case I feel like garbage again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal