Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2021, 12:54 PM

4,183 posts, read 5,067,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
...I think it's quite obvious to anyone with an exposure to statistics and studies that a study starts out claiming near 100% certainty and then claiming that it's 0 percent is cooking the numbers and editing the events to arrive at those skewed results...
LOL
The reverse is true as well.
Plenty of evidence (that it was a lab leak) is out there, if someone chooses to look for it. Here's a nice piece of detective work --

https://nerdhaspower.weebly.com/blog...us-is-man-made

Old 03-02-2021, 01:02 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,581,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
Link is to a list of unrelated articles.

That piece is almost 1 year old.

"you people" being those of us who can see past the veil...
There are conspiracy theorists like you. They are often guided by prejudices about their own countries and others.

It doesn't matter that it's almost 1 year old. The data since then bolsters argument more now. It's not even close to being a suitable weapon since it's spread mostly indoors, has a relatively low infection rate after 1 year with many people being genetically immune, and most importantly, it has an extremely low incidence among military-age men and women.

You people like the people in Russia, China, and Iran.

There are already coronaviruses found in the wild that are closely related to SARS-COVID-19.

Nature

The close relations in your article have already been discussed. The geneticists estimated that it would take about 20 to 60 years to mutate from the horseshoe bat viruses. They've recently found some in Thailand. It is nearly 20 years since the SARS epidemic.

Last edited by lchoro; 03-02-2021 at 01:12 PM..

Old 03-03-2021, 07:49 AM

30,182 posts, read 11,821,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
There are bioweapon theories by the Russians, Chinese, and Iranians accusing the CIA.

link

A CIA bio-weapons expert on the coronavirus.

link2

It it's any solace, there are people in those countries who believe the same thing you people do.

I go with the Occam's razor conclusion until proven otherwise. Most of the people claiming its a bioweapon are less than credible or seem to be trying to monetize their theories. But there are lots of credible people saying its not a bioweapon. It does all look suspicious. China gets it first and quickly gets it under control. Then almost every other country has been slammed with this. With China having a great advantage. It does make you wonder.

Old 03-03-2021, 09:51 AM

12,047 posts, read 8,436,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I go with the Occam's razor conclusion until proven otherwise. Most of the people claiming its a bioweapon are less than credible or seem to be trying to monetize their theories. But there are lots of credible people saying its not a bioweapon. It does all look suspicious. China gets it first and quickly gets it under control. Then almost every other country has been slammed with this. With China having a great advantage. It does make you wonder.
I was just looking at a world map of severity yesterday and was surprised to see China in the lowest category. Maybe they aren't counting deaths? It's a big place.

Dunno. Seems odd.

Old 03-03-2021, 03:27 PM

30,182 posts, read 11,821,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
I was just looking at a world map of severity yesterday and was surprised to see China in the lowest category. Maybe they aren't counting deaths? It's a big place.

Dunno. Seems odd.

It is. Even isolated places like Australia have had spikes in cases. South Korea had a big spike the past few months. Over 1000 cases a day for a while. China yesterday had 10 cases, day before 19. They have had no rebound in cases at all since the initial surge. With a billion plus people.

I lean towards them knowing a lot they are not telling everyone else.To what extent? But we need proof.

Old 03-04-2021, 07:28 AM

1,386 posts, read 1,001,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
It is. Even isolated places like Australia have had spikes in cases. South Korea had a big spike the past few months. Over 1000 cases a day for a while. China yesterday had 10 cases, day before 19. They have had no rebound in cases at all since the initial surge. With a billion plus people.

I lean towards them knowing a lot they are not telling everyone else.To what extent? But we need proof.
Occam's Razor advises that the emergence of SARS-cov2 is naturally occurring. Excepting a full admission of guilt from China saying it's their fault, which seems unlikely in any scenario, any other theory is pure speculation.

--

Old 03-04-2021, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill790 View Post
Occam's Razor advises that the emergence of SARS-cov2 is naturally occurring...
LOL

https://nesslabs.com/occams-razor

https://hydeandrugg.wordpress.com/20...-explanations/

https://scienceblogs.com/developingi...-theory-is-alm

Old 03-04-2021, 08:42 AM

Ah, thanks for that, Mr. Helpful Google guy. That's quite a skill you have. I appreciate the obscure blog entries describing Occam's Razor. I now have a much better appreciation of it and will now fully embrace every ridiculous conspiracy theory I hear about the origins of SARS-cov2.

I was responding to Oklazona's statement that he generally goes with the Occam's Razor explanation...

--

Old 03-04-2021, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill790 View Post
Ah, thanks for that, Mr. Helpful Google guy. That's quite a skill you have.
Simple isn't it. Yet people still take whatever they see/hear at face value, rather than look for the truth

Old 03-05-2021, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
Simple isn't it. Yet people still take whatever they see/hear at face value, rather than look for the truth
Whose truth? Yours? Or one of 50 million other conspiracy theorists out there who are absolutely sure they know how SARS-cov2 developed?

--
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal