Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2019, 05:31 PM

8,551 posts, read 10,973,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I dunno if I would call them fallen angels, personally...but there are many messed up spirits.
Using an OB is like shining a beacon/light straight up into the sky like Night clubs can do to attract people.
Then these spirits use it like a Fireman's Pole to slip down here and bingo you're stuck with them now!
You don't mess with or invite spirits into your environment. Period. (So much so...I won't even tell you stories!! Uh-huh.)
I would like to know just where you got your information, and what would cause you to think you are correct.

Not all spirits are evil, and those that are can quickly be dismissed from any paranormal contact session if one knows how to handle a situation of unwanted spirits.

Spirits are not "messed up" as you call it, but rather in limbo.
They, for whatever reason are unable to return to the spirit world, and can't return to the human existence, so many seek methods to try and return, but it will never happen.
They aren't necessarily evil, just lost, and confused.

Bob.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2019, 09:13 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,006,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I would like to know just where you got your information, and what would cause you to think you are correct.

Not all spirits are evil, and those that are can quickly be dismissed from any paranormal contact session if one knows how to handle a situation of unwanted spirits.

Spirits are not "messed up" as you call it, but rather in limbo.
They, for whatever reason are unable to return to the spirit world, and can't return to the human existence, so many seek methods to try and return, but it will never happen.
They aren't necessarily evil, just lost, and confused.

Bob.
Bob, you seem to act as if you're some sort of expert on these spirits. Have you spoken with them personally? Asked them questions? Know their intent? I happen to agree with many here that these "games" can just be games but they can also be portals to the supernatural and very bad things can happen. I have had friends who have experienced many supernatural things and you can't convince them otherwise. I think these "spirits" are demonic and though they can sometimes come across as amicable they are not. They're also crafty and know how to deceive humans. This is based on people who I've heard from who have dealt with them on many occasions.

Old 04-04-2019, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluch View Post
Bob, you seem to act as if you're some sort of expert on these spirits. Have you spoken with them personally? Asked them questions? Know their intent? I happen to agree with many here that these "games" can just be games but they can also be portals to the supernatural and very bad things can happen. I have had friends who have experienced many supernatural things and you can't convince them otherwise. I think these "spirits" are demonic and though they can sometimes come across as amicable they are not. They're also crafty and know how to deceive humans. This is based on people who I've heard from who have dealt with them on many occasions.

Well to begin with, it is not an act.
I have been involved in the paranormal for almost thirty years, including many actual contacts with spirits.
I have spoken more times than I can count, and have gained incredible knowledge from my contacts.
I am very active in spirit contact presently.

I am not saying that there are not evil spirits, for there are.
Dealing with them is only accomplished by knowing what to do, should they present themselves.
Fortunately only one (in all these years) was problematic, and vanished after just a few words from me.
Through my spirit contact, I have learned how to deal with unwanted intrusions.

I consider myself well versed in paranormal behavior.
Some may call that being an expert.
You are correct in thinking people involved in games do in fact open a portal to the other side, but once again, it is not the game, it is the participants thoughts that open those portals.
Unfortunately once those portals are opened, most involved have no idea how to control those that have entered with evil intentions.

An "open" portal opens the door to all kinds of intrusions, both good and bad.
What most, do not understand (an I learned this straight from the source) is they can control who enters a portal,and when, and how to let unwanted intrusion know they are not welcome.
Most have none,too very little knowledge regarding these portals,and how to control who does, and doesn't get through.
Like everything else, it takes time, and practice to hone the skill of developing perimeters that one will allow when contacting the other side .
With no control, predominantly evil spirits are free to enter once invited., and that entrance is activated when one opens a portal with their thoughts.

I will say, spirit contact is more apt to take place when the person involved has had time to clear the mind of outside intrusion, and able to concentrate on the task at hand, and that is the contact itself.
This clearing of the mind is all but impossible in an area where others are present, such as playing with a ouija board.

Evil spirits are predominantly young spirits who have not had many lifetimes.
Some still crave the return to the human existence, but lack the knowledge they need to re-incarnate.
They are constantly searching for ways to return, and an open portal is, as someone else described, like a beacon in the sky, drawing them in.
It take very little thought to summon evil spirits, but inviting a good spirit(s) takes time, and practice, and mostly, patience.

Do I consider myself an expert?
I would answer no, just well versed and educated by those on the other side,who were more than willing to offer their perspective on what I should know, and the courses of action available to me.

Bob.

Old 04-06-2019, 01:18 PM

4 posts, read 3,295 times
Just don't mess with it, period.

Old 04-07-2019, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo10 View Post
Just don't mess with it, period.
I will give you a clue, you do not need a board, or anything else to open a portal to evil spirits.
The board has absolutely no validity when it comes to summoning spirits.
Your stating "just don't mess with it" is about as credible as saying, I am going to win five hundred million in the lottery.
Both statements are lacking validity.
People who believe a game is evil are obviously mis-informed.
As for the ouija board, it is a game, and was manufactured by a company known for making other board games.

Bob.

Old 04-11-2019, 04:52 AM

372 posts, read 220,052 times
edit

Old 04-30-2019, 10:36 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,794,697 times
My friends and I used to play with it back in the seventies, and seances were popular with our group back then too. We never did get much of interest out of it and I grew up and forgot about it.

Years later a counselor friend of mine was working with a woman who’d been heavily caught up in a Satanic cult and had done some very bad things. She was trying to get away from them but they pursued her for some while. I met her during that time and when she found out I had kids, she said to me that I should never give them a OB to play with since that was what had opened the door for her and her friends. We didn’t own one at the time and I never did buy them one...it seemed best to play it safe on that score, especially since one of my girls showed some signs of having psychic abilities.

Old 04-30-2019, 10:43 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,283,162 times
I believe the Ouija's urban legend is so strong that it's one of the few games in existence that truly petrifies some people for the fear of the unknown. It's packaged as a game - play it and find out for yourself. But I will say this, if you play and don't focus on what could be, then you're missing the point of playing it. To play the game properly you need to believe the possibility going in.

Old 05-04-2019, 06:36 PM

24,109 posts, read 32,460,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
I believe the Ouija's urban legend is so strong that it's one of the few games in existence that truly petrifies some people for the fear of the unknown. It's packaged as a game - play it and find out for yourself. But I will say this, if you play and don't focus on what could be, then you're missing the point of playing it. To play the game properly you need to believe the possibility going in.
Because a game company purchased the rights to the name "Ouija" does not mean it's a benign game.

The spirit board, or Ouija board is not "Candy Land". Do not mistaken it for that.

It's a serious tool that was devised during the spiritualist movement which became popular in the US following the Civil War. Spiritualism was also popular, and still is; in Great Britain. It was a preoccupation of many in the 19th through early 20th century.
One does not need an actual Ouija board to use this particular form of spirit communication. You can draw the letters and numbers on a piece of card board and use a light upside down glass. A brandy glass works well.

I have stated numerous times on CD that I am not a fan of Ouija board use.. I've had some pretty horrible experiences with it.

That said, I am not categorically opposed to Spiritualism. In fact, I visit the Lily Dale Assembly each summer, where I take classes, attend lectures, and workshops, and consult with at least one Registered Medium.
I have never encountered a medium who needed a Ouija board to speak to those who have crossed over. Most of them go into a trance or just spontaneously begin to receive messages.

I am a psychic intuitive and empath. I have had many paranormal experiences in my life, and this sort of thing appears to run in my family, on both sides, especially among the women. My father, however; also had a great deal of interest in the paranormal. I am not sure if he had any ability, but he did have an interest.

While I do have some mediumistic ability, I do not intentionally attempt to contact the dead on my own. They have contacted me, though.

After my experiences as a teenager, I have decided to leave that to the experts. I don't nead that kind of drama in my life.

My personal recommendation would be to stay away from spirt boards.

Old 05-04-2019, 07:32 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,794,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Because a game company purchased the rights to the name "Ouija" does not mean it's a benign game.

The spirit board, or Ouija board is not "Candy Land". Do not mistaken it for that.

My personal recommendation would be to stay away from spirt boards.
I’m with you on that. I mean, it’s likely that nothing will happen but why take a chance when there are so many other fun things to do? I like to travel and I’ve heard that the Holy Land is great but I’m staying out of there right now because there are so many other cool places to visit.

Also, my kids are grown now but I wasn’t taking chances when they were little. We had a ghost in our house at that time and I didn’t want to encourage it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal