Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2016, 04:41 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,979,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirron View Post
Interesting! Some real truths in there, including this gem:

"Uranus in Aries is going to be the 1960s all over again. The greatest time of upheaval will be between 2015 and 2019, when the square of Uranus in Aries to Pluto in Capricorn will create the seeds of revolution everywhere. Forces of repression are going to clamp down even harder on those who want to speak their minds."

Great find, mm4.
And 2011 (mentioned earlier in the article): Occupy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2016, 09:51 PM

19,723 posts, read 20,250,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinbrookNine View Post
All I know, for sure, is an inordinately large number of renal cell carcinomas occur in Libras (turns out Libra rules the kidneys), and 100% homosexual males, more than occasionally, have Mars in Scorpio (particularly, 1941, late 1946, October - November, 1948; and especially, 1952 which was a "banner year" - Mars was "stuck" in Scorpio for many months that year [Jan. 30th to August 25th]); bisexual men often have Mars in the last decanate of Libra. Oh...and all five people I know that are in the AA are Cancers...two of them with birthdays on June 30th.
Funny, that Mars has currently been "stuck" in Scorpio for some time now. All repressed drudgery comes to surface. Those years tho. . . I may have to mention it also 'coming to light' the hazardous effects of xenoestrogens on the human endocrine system, which began 'booming' exposure through foods/enviroment, due to industrialization & agriculture over the past 70yrs... (And continues today.)

Old 07-11-2016, 11:04 AM

3,493 posts, read 3,204,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
The title of this thread is "how much merit do you give astrology?". If the answer to my question about where you got your "facts" is that you won't give that information to us, then I have to say you've demonstrated as its "representative" that it has zero merit.

In short, like your claims, it's all made up. As every scientific study of its "merits" has demonstrated. An it harm none, believe what thou wilt
Babe, for your information, I didn't make this up. I intrude on people's private lives, for starters, the rest is my professional experience. I've "kept notes" for over 40 years. My advice?...If you're a Libra, pee in a jar for the doctor every year or so; if a chick married to a guy born in early - mid 1952...keep an eye on him..

Old 07-11-2016, 12:00 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,944,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinbrookNine View Post
Babe, for your information, I didn't make this up. I intrude on people's private lives, for starters, the rest is my professional experience. I've "kept notes" for over 40 years. My advice?...If you're a Libra, pee in a jar for the doctor every year or so; if a chick married to a guy born in early - mid 1952...keep an eye on him..
If that's an example of your psychic insight, you need a new third eye.

Old 07-12-2016, 02:42 AM

23,223 posts, read 29,051,044 times
So will people once again, this year, blindly vote for a President, without looking at the candidate's charts?

Both Hillary and Trump have Mars in Leo, and any time you have Mars in any of the Fire Signs: Leo, Sagittarius, Aries (Bernie Sanders' Mars sign), it indicates a hot, quick temper.

And why aren't we seeing Hillary display that hot temper of hers on the campaign trail? She's Scorpio, famous for keeping their emotions under control, at least in public. I read a book on the Secret Service opinions of the Presidents/First Ladies they've served under, and one agent remarked: If voters could see the raging, hot tempered Hillary off-camera, it might scare them to death!

Sorry, Hillary, you can't hide from an Astrologer!

Any Astrologer knows Scorpio is all about secrets, secretiveness, and it caught up with her! The email scandal! She also has her Moon in Pisces, and who can be a better liar than Pisces, the masters of telling lies! But you can't hide that from an Astrologer, only from ignorant voters!

Trump has his Moon in always-sticking-their-foot-in-their-mouth Sagittarius, and expect him to stick his foot in his mouth any number of times before the election. A couple Gemini placements as well, and you can never pin down a Gemini!

Trump is unbalanced, no earth in his chart, and when unbalanced, you seek a partner to bring in some balance to your life, and that's his wife, loaded down with Earth placements (both Taurus and Capricorn).

And that hair! When you have a Leo Ascendant, baldness is to be expected, yet the conundrum: Leo risers are extraordinarily proud of their much-needed manes. So? Hair transplants! I once ran into someone with a Leo Ascendant, and, naturally, I looked for baldness. Confession: I had hair transplants!

And with Hillary you'll get 5-star, charm-incarnate Bill for First Man. And where does all his charm come from? From either of the 2 Venusian signs: Libra & Taurus. He has a charming Libra Ascendant, Venus & Mars in Libra, to add more charm, and his Moon in Taurus, to overflow him with charm.

Someone once said that when Bill walks into a room you're total blinded with his charm.

Does Astrology have any merit?

Last edited by tijlover; 07-12-2016 at 03:08 AM..

Old 07-12-2016, 08:58 AM

3,493 posts, read 3,204,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Funny, that Mars has currently been "stuck" in Scorpio for some time now. All repressed drudgery comes to surface. Those years tho. . . I may have to mention it also 'coming to light' the hazardous effects of xenoestrogens on the human endocrine system, which began 'booming' exposure through foods/enviroment, due to industrialization & agriculture over the past 70yrs... (And continues today.)

Yes it sure has. It finally moved into Saggitarius around the first week of June. And it went retrograde during this recent stint. That's very gay. My advice (and this free of charge) is if you had a baby boy in April - mid May, paint his nursery blue, make sure you keep the NFL games blaring on TV, and make him take up hockey or something. Keep him away from girls until he's 15 or so.

Old 07-12-2016, 09:15 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times
I have asked people their sign for exactly 45 years.
I noted and watched and observed.
After awhile I saw how this one was SO much like that one.
I can tell a person's sign now 9 out of 10 xs...people so fit their sign.
If they do not, I ask them their other signs...if I'm puzzled I will even
look it up online and sure enough...they have 4 planets in the sign I thought they were.
It is uncanny.

Some are like twins...just off the top...
-give me a guy with 4-5 planets in Pisces ...they are all the same.
-I can tell a Taurus male just by emailing with them...never meeting them!
-Pisces women are 70% so similar and drive me nuts.
-Virgos....good luck living with or staying for a visit! Gee, draw a hammer on your
garage wall much for where the hammer belongs? LOL
Got a sock drawer for all your brown socks?....just a funny example of what you can observe.
-Mars in Scorpio?...watch out until they learn to say things 'nicely'.

Then, you watch The Star of Bethlehem docu/movie on youtube and things come together a bit more.

Old 07-13-2016, 01:06 AM

Even having studied Astrology for 30+ years, I'm still not good on guessing someone's Sun sign, with exceptions, but I'm a much better guesser at someone's moon sign, Ascendant and Mars sign.

The watery Ascendants (Scorpio/Pisces/Cancer) are quite easy for me (at least with the men) as the majority of them have that monk's cap feature, a shock of hair in front and the bald spot in back. Scorpio Ascendants are the easiest of all, as you can't close your eyes to their sexual magnetism, self-confidence.
As Debbie Klempton Smith had to say about Scorpio Ascendants: all you need to do is brush up against one to get a buzz! My last partner had that Ascendant! Tell me about it!!!

The fiery Ascendants (Leo, Saj, Aries) are inclined toward baldness.

I work in a Long-Term Care/Rehab Facility, with their birthdates on their armbands, and I've learned plenty over the 14 years.

The ever-restless types, where even sleeping pills and pain meds fail to calm them, is related to Saj and Gemini. And I'm talking, chiefly, with those with Mars in that sign. Gemini (rules the lungs) can suffer an asthmatic attack if they feel pinned down, confined, with no freedom to move about. And what a nightmare, to have one of these patients who's bed bound, even briefly, recovering from hip/knee surgery! These cases always puzzle the nurses: I've given him his sleeping pill, pain meds, morphine,
and I'm surprised he can even move his body!

Ah! The roaring, I'm-King-Of-the-Jungle Lions! Any time I hear a "roaring Lion" in the middle of the night, completely insensitive to waking their rooomate up, or the entire hall, or not using their call light to summon help, or not waiting even 1 minute for an aide to arrive, you're either running into Leo territory, or in lesser cases, highly impatient Aries.

No, we're not talking Sun sign here, although it can play a factor, we're talking about those with their Moons or Mars in Leo.

The control freaks I generally classify as Cancer, Capricorn, Libra, Aries. I've seen it too often, you put a highly Cardinal type into a room with another roommate, and the Cardinal types won't be happy until it's their way, or no way! Roommate's TV is too loud, turn it down, or turn it off, turn the A/C to 70, or turn the heat to 78, completely insensitive to their roommate's needs. Problem is best solved, seen it too often, putting the Cardinal types in with the more laid-back, go-with-the-flow Mutable signs.

If you want to see a miniature war, put 2 strongly flavored Cardinal types in the same room together! Or you can see that go on in a marriage! There we go, 2 my-way-or-the-highway types clashing, head to head! Just keep the Band-Aid box handy!

Being Nancy Reagan (a perfect candidate for following Astrology with her Moon in Aries, lover of all things red) was so wedded to her Astrologer Joanne Quigley, during the Reagan years, I had to laugh when (did her Astrologer screw up?) Cardinal Nancy came face to face with Cardinal Raisa Gorbachev at a meeting in Geneva! I would never have advocated a disastrous meeting like this! After that, you can well bet Raisa and Nancy never came face to face again!

Old 07-13-2016, 09:26 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times
Tij,
Please keep it up this is such a learning exp reading your takes on signs!
I never thought of Libras as control freaks...
I would place Virgos in that group, tho.

When I found out my mom was a Leo, Aries rising, Scorpio Moon...
I dropped the chart and sat with my mouth open..."So this is why we thought she was possessed and evil!!
(Well, she actually was till I got her on Lexapro the last 2 months of her life.)

Old 07-13-2016, 10:15 AM

^ Being that I have one of the darker moons, Capricorn, and sitting in the 8th house of Scorpio, being with a Scorpio moon is a trip to heaven for me! Both of these moon signs can lend themselves to alcohol/drug abuse/anti-depresants, by the way!

Now if you have a positive moon sign, a moon in a fire sign, or even air, and God forbid, you attempt to cheer this cheerless, brooding sign up, or even try that with myself, B-E-W-A-R-E!!!!! After we're through with you, you'll know how to say vengeful in 7 different languages!

2 negatives make for a positive, 2 positives for a negative?

Mr. Moody meets up with Mr. Broody, and together, only the 2 of us know how to make the other laugh, with our jet-black, subtle, ironic sense of humor!

Harmonious moon signs are so ultra-important in pairing people up, in a marriage/relationship, or even a friendship!

Too bad more people don't give Astrology more merit!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal