Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2019, 12:05 PM

1,820 posts, read 1,165,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjhowie View Post
The Republican movement in Ulster has had a long history of deep involvement in evil and the history of much of RC tradition even allowing for reasonable people has been a deep and disturbing one. The SF?IRA lot are a terrible indictment on people even to peope on their side of the street. Indeed I can recall not so long ago the children originally in a big family and all adults now could not get information as to where their long murdered mother was hidden. Despicable is a mild description of the mentality and that religion is wrapped up in it even more despicable so considering in other places like say the US where the Mafia always had RC funerals whether of Italian or Irish tradition there is something deeply flawed and a log tradition on the island of Ireland.

Now the latest disgusting thing is a civil servant working in a government department in Ulster objecting and putting in a complaint that a daily occurrence was having to walk past a picture of the Queen. So the picture pointed for removal and a financial ok? Utterly disgusting and damnable. H /she worked for a government department and HM is the Head of State above the government yet this goes on? Head shaking is a minor reflection. As a young man I worked in a government department and one day a man two ranks above me told me I should maybe not be wearing a very small lapel badge with tiny symbols (not masonic but religious)which was for a long standing organisation. Guessed was probably Protestant so I said had he told an associate to take off her very obvious crucifix I told him to politely go away and if did that with her I would follow. Never happened!

To be directly blunt I have never been taken with that Prime Minister Blair who brought in the so-called Good Friday agreement. Makes me squirm that it was so "democratic" to tie up genuine and non violent political parties into a forced coalition with SF/IRA. Through violence the SF?IRA got the B Specials disbanded the RUC a farce created at Stormont. Demanding equality of the Irish language with English not caring a damn about Stormont. As for a referendum to unite Ireland they can simply get stuffed.

Seems everything must be done to appease the Irish. As I have said before they are brilliant at playing the 'poor down-trodden' people. In a way it is not them who are to blame its those who believe it all and do what they wish them to do. Like who agreed to give them £10,000.

A man lost his wife in the La Mon Massacre by the IRA and he got a payment because of his loss. Here it is.

“I went to the morgue in Belfast to identify Christine, and my great friend Roy Craig went with me. Roy told me to wait and he would identify Christine. When he came back to me he said, ‘Terry you don’t want to go in there, remember Christine as she was’. She had been horribly burned, and I took his advice, and I thank God every day that I did.” The initial offer of compensation by the NIO to the families was “a paltry £90 which they increased to a take-it-or-leave it £240”. He added, “That’s how they valued our loved ones, so I thought the best thing to do was get out of Northern Ireland..”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2019, 06:36 PM

1,139 posts, read 465,417 times
Really sad matter you informed us of there Ulsterman.

And folks what about the civil servant in the government office in Ulster who objected having to walk past a picture of the Head of State, HM The Queen?? Seems he would have preferred a picture of HM meeting with the recent SF leader McGuinness. Have I got it right that money was offered to him?

Old 08-02-2019, 08:52 AM

16,600 posts, read 8,610,160 times
I wonder at times how so many people can ripple off all the grievances they have with the other side (real and perceived), but have trouble finding any fault with their own side.
People will just chalk it up to human nature, but if you have a problem that needs resolving, you cannot just keep repeating the same behavior/attitude, and expect positive change to occur.

Wasn't it a fairly smart man named Albert Einstein who said “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”

I'd bet years ago (before the GFA) if you said lets put two people together in a room that are polar opposites and likely hate each other, say McGuinness & Paisley and have them work on NI's problem, most would be betting one of them would not come out alive.
Instead the two shared power and made some positive contributions for NI.
Frankly if they were still around today, I think they would be disappointed with the current state of affairs, and the intransigence of their own respective parties.

`

Old 08-02-2019, 11:12 AM

Quote:

And folks what about the civil servant in the government office in Ulster who objected having to walk past a picture of the Head of State, HM The Queen?? Seems he would have preferred a picture of HM meeting with the recent SF leader McGuinness. Have I got it right that money was offered to him?

Yes its true. Apparently he got £10,000 because a picture of the Queen offended him. This despite the Queen laying a wreath in Dublin ( Easter Rising ? ) and later speaking a few words of Irish at a banquet.

Old 08-02-2019, 04:50 PM

Quote:

You know what, it is stupid.

However it is also stupid for the DUP to make a federal case out of it as well by insisting that a monarch (there only because of inherented bloodline) has her picture taken down.
So what?

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/n...-38367441.html

If it is a tradition to have the current PM's picture up fine, take away May and replace it with Johnson in Stormont.
But the queen?
Come on.
There are a lot more important issues in this world than paying homage to people based on so called birthright.

`

Old 08-02-2019, 05:07 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,688,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I wonder at times how so many people can ripple off all the grievances they have with the other side (real and perceived), but have trouble finding any fault with their own side.
People will just chalk it up to human nature, but if you have a problem that needs resolving, you cannot just keep repeating the same behavior/attitude, and expect positive change to occur.

Wasn't it a fairly smart man named Albert Einstein who said “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”

I'd bet years ago (before the GFA) if you said lets put two people together in a room that are polar opposites and likely hate each other, say McGuinness & Paisley and have them work on NI's problem, most would be betting one of them would not come out alive.
Instead the two shared power and made some positive contributions for NI.
Frankly if they were still around today, I think they would be disappointed with the current state of affairs, and the intransigence of their own respective parties.

`
There's something to be said for people who are born and raised to behave well. Yeah, Harry sowed his wild oats, but, really, Harry never was in the same league as Billy Carter or Roger Clinton.

Old 08-02-2019, 06:22 PM

1,139 posts, read 465,417 times
You say 'so what' Vector1. May I state that the civil servant involved wanted a picture with that late odious SF/Leader. So what does that tell you about the moaner, eh? I understand the Secretary of State might be looking into that complaining nonsense. And that 'so what' nonsense. That is our Head of State and considering the great lackings in your country as a republic tut, tut. That is our tradition and higher rated than what you have in a part democracy

Old 08-03-2019, 07:28 AM

Quote:
You say 'so what' Vector1. May I state that the civil servant involved wanted a picture with that late odious SF/Leader. So what does that tell you about the moaner, eh? I understand the Secretary of State might be looking into that complaining nonsense. And that 'so what' nonsense. That is our Head of State and considering the great lackings in your country as a republic tut, tut. That is our tradition and higher rated than what you have in a part democracy

The bogside butcher is linked to many murders with even some his own people saying he was involved. One said he liked to be up close to see the results of his murders.

Old 08-03-2019, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Are you not capable of recognizing when I am agree with you?

Whomever that snowflake is who was "triggered" by the queens picture, to heck with them.

If McGuinness and/or Paisley's picture should be up (instead of the queen) then have them up, or down, who cares.
But both of them are deceased, so if Foster and O'Neill should be up then so be it. Having fits over such things instead of getting their houses in order is part of the vexing aspect of life in NI.

As to your head of state, how long will you worship the vestiges of the past over the present?

I personally do not have issue with Brits worshiping at the feet of royal blood if that is what you choose to do. However to bemoan a lack of respect toward fellow human beings just because they will not kowtow to those born into privilege, is difficult for many across the globe to understand.

`

Old 08-03-2019, 09:03 AM

Quote:

Its said he knew/involved in the Claudy bombing. Nine people were murdered including children. 31st July 1972
Attached Thumbnails
Northern Ireland reunification with Republic of Ireland-ulsterday20190803_14473389.jpg  

Last edited by Ulsterman; 08-03-2019 at 09:58 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom