Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 09:53 AM

242 posts, read 1,117,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowstorm View Post
It's really polluted in all the valley's.
That is a fallacy. Most valley's are not located in the SLC region, and are not polluted. That pollution was there long before cars, due to the layout of the valley. It is an inversion layer that occurs. traping even once upon a time smoke from wood fires of pioneers. It is the cost of living in a valley wiht no really draw through to blow out the crap. Ask LA or Vegas about that. Ogden probably has the same problem being built right up against the Mt's.

Quote:
Utah does have great climbing,skiing and biking, but the outdoor world is not respected here. It's really to hard to witness because it is/was such a beautiful state. I know it's part lack of education on the subject, but I find alot of utahans don't want to change their comfey way of life.
Enjoy it while you can.
Again this is wrong. People understand and know. To give up said comfy life, would mean no heat whatsoever since any form of heating outside of good old sunpower would pollute. But wait even the sun causes damage so we need to exclude it too. No transportation other than pedal power of walking since again horses leave deposits of pollution, and we all know cars are evil. So I guess no one should live in the valleys because it means they don't care and are uneducated about the dynamics of the pollution problem. I suggest moving to a place that is unihabited so that there are no cause and effects to dirty up the environment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2007, 01:37 PM

239 posts, read 952,623 times
The view from my front yard!
Attached Thumbnails
Okay for all of us newbies to Utah list one thing you like about your new home, more if you have them-view.jpg  

Old 07-26-2007, 07:53 PM
Misplaced~

n/a posts
That's beautiful!

Old 07-26-2007, 08:50 PM

30 posts, read 212,571 times
Smile Pollution..

Quote:
I have enjoyed my stay but I am looking to move out of Utah. It's really polluted in all the valley's. Which is pretty much one of the main reasons. If you exercise outside at all it's at your own health risk, summer and winter. Utah does have great climbing,skiing and biking, but the outdoor world is not respected here. It's really to hard to witness because it is/was such a beautiful state. I know it's part lack of education on the subject, but I find alot of utahans don't want to change their comfey way of life.
Enjoy it while you can.
You're right. Utah is polluted. There are sooo many cars on the roads anymore and Utah is trying to correct the problem way too late. Creating the HOV lane to encourage carpools is one way they've tried recently. But haven't made people use the same car inspections as CA and NV to help with car pollution, etc. If you could see it right now with the major fires near Nephi and all the smoke being blown around it's awful. My nose is so full of crap I can't breathe after being in the entire valley today. I drove from Price to Ogden and back again. Even the nice rains the last two days haven't helped enough. It's too bad because it's really beautiful to see the mountains.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
View detailed profiles of: