Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ps4 or xbox one
ps4 83 81.37%
xbox one 19 18.63%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 11:22 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,512,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
Yes... got the XB1 in December... PS4 and Wii U a couple weeks ago.
I thought about doing that but there isnt enough XB1 or PS4 exclusive games that i like to do that.

The next Titanfall will also be on both systems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2014, 05:18 AM

2,533 posts, read 4,605,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
I thought about doing that but there isnt enough XB1 or PS4 exclusive games that i like to do that.
XB1 = Forza 5, Dead Rising 3, Killer Instinct
PS4 = ISS, MLB 14 The Show

Those are the exclusives that sold me.

Old 04-18-2014, 08:09 PM

3,953 posts, read 5,093,900 times
PlayStation 4 is Winning the War. What's Next? - IGN

Quote:
Almost immediately after PlayStation 4 launched in mid-November of 2013, it was clear that Sony was on to something. The company managed to sell a million PS4s in 24 hours, and the console was only out in North America. It was an incredible victory for a company that previously announced over a million PS4 pre-orders that were presumed to be spread across multiple territories, from the US to Sony's stronghold of Europe to its home country of Japan.

Suddenly, PlayStation 4 was a true force with its record-setting sales, though the writing was on the wall since the console's reveal that February. Sony was doing everything right.

Old 04-18-2014, 08:29 PM

3,517 posts, read 5,320,731 times
Quote:
LOL... You gotta remember that Grizz doesn't own any next gen systems... unless you count the Wii U?

What's really sad is I haven't turned on my PS4 in 11 days. I have ISS and Tomb Raider but the system won't get any heavy usage until MLB 14 launches on 5/6.

Been working 70 hours a week for a month and have the money to spend but no time to play. I'm looking at a 3 day Easter weekend though and plan to do some gaming.

Haha, I always forget that he doesn't own one. He still reports numbers findings though, like they mean anything. PS4 sells at a loss, XB1 sells at a profit...so who's winning, again? Simple arithmetic can determine the winner...

Does he even know that blogs like CNET post articles just to get hits and the more controversial they are the better the results? Is he that dumb that he/she/it doesn't realize it?

Not to mention, the lest IGN article is written by a moron that thinks Microsoft is aiming at the same audience as Sony...are people this f***ing dumb??? REALLY?

Old 04-19-2014, 08:15 AM

3,953 posts, read 5,093,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
Haha, I always forget that he doesn't own one. He still reports numbers findings though, like they mean anything. PS4 sells at a loss, XB1 sells at a profit...so who's winning, again? Simple arithmetic can determine the winner...
It's not that simple and you know it. When you factor in software sales Sony is doing better than Microsoft. Remember, video game consoles often adhere to the business model of razors and razor blades. The profit usually comes in from the latter.

While I don't own a PS4 yet, that doesn't mean that I haven't played it extensively. I've spent enough time with all the new consoles to know which is superior. I'm just not the kind of person who buys electronic products before I have a need for them. Also, for me - content is king - so I'll probably be spending a majority of my time with the Wii U this year because of Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. IV.

Old 04-19-2014, 11:28 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,512,862 times
Quote:
XB1 = Forza 5, Dead Rising 3, Killer Instinct
PS4 = ISS, MLB 14 The Show

Those are the exclusives that sold me.
Oh man Dead Rising 3 actually seems pretty awesome, is it better than The Last of Us?

Old 04-20-2014, 04:55 AM

1,868 posts, read 3,069,941 times
Quote:

Does he even know that blogs like CNET post articles just to get hits and the more controversial they are the better the results? Is he that dumb that he/she/it doesn't realize it?

Not to mention, the lest IGN article is written by a moron that thinks Microsoft is aiming at the same audience as Sony...are people this f***ing dumb??? REALLY?

The DeanBeat: The Xbox One cost $471 to make. The PS4 costs $381. And why this matters in the long run | GamesBeat | Games | by Dean Takahashi

Both consoles sell at a slight profit.

Old 04-20-2014, 09:11 AM

3,517 posts, read 5,320,731 times
I stopped reading "costs to make" articles years ago when I was a product buyer for a large company and realized that these estimates are idiotic. Unless a buyer from Microsoft or Sony is quoted, it's just estimates from people identifying components and looking up their prices online. It doesn't account for relationships with suppliers nor quantity-based deals that can both bring spends down significantly.

Old 04-20-2014, 02:50 PM

1,868 posts, read 3,069,941 times
Quote:
I stopped reading "costs to make" articles years ago when I was a product buyer for a large company and realized that these estimates are idiotic. Unless a buyer from Microsoft or Sony is quoted, it's just estimates from people identifying components and looking up their prices online. It doesn't account for relationships with suppliers nor quantity-based deals that can both bring spends down significantly.
Then how are you so sure PS4 sells at a loss and XB1 doesn't?

Old 04-21-2014, 07:29 PM

2,533 posts, read 4,605,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Oh man Dead Rising 3 actually seems pretty awesome, is it better than The Last of Us?
I haven't played that so couldn't say... DR3 is great if you like killing zombies over and over with lots of blood...LOL

In other news, I had the entire Easter weekend off and didn't play a single video game. Why did I buy these systems again? For the privilege of saying that I have some pretty awesome systems ready to play at the push of a button... whenever that may be? LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
Also, for me - content is king - so I'll probably be spending a majority of my time with the Wii U this year because of Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. IV.
Mario is the only reason to buy a Wii U.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games