Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ps4 or xbox one
ps4 83 81.37%
xbox one 19 18.63%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 04:37 PM

3,517 posts, read 5,320,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
The difference is because Xbox One users are too busy having fun with it to answer the survey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2013, 05:24 PM

3,953 posts, read 5,093,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
The difference is because Xbox One users are too busy having fun with it to answer the survey.
Nah, Xbox One owners are too busy working overtime to pay for their consoles to answer the survey.

Old 12-20-2013, 06:21 PM

3,517 posts, read 5,320,731 times
Quote:
Nah, Xbox One owners are too busy working overtime to pay for their consoles to answer the survey.
PS4 owners are so poor they have to appreciate their higher cost purchases more.

Old 12-20-2013, 06:22 PM

2,533 posts, read 4,605,486 times
Quote:
I LOL'ed.

Yeah... I financed the extra $100. Got a good rate... 4.9% over 60 months.

Old 12-27-2013, 07:44 AM

8,238 posts, read 10,731,642 times
SERIOUSLY rethinking both of them.

I was hot after the PS4 but expected to get it sometime after Christmas. The inability to stream media from a PC (never knew about this until now) is an absolute deal breaker. It is of no use to me if I cant do that. I probably stream media as much as I game on it. Im not keeping the current PS3 on that tv since the one I resurrected from YLOD died again so I need to move it to the other living room.

Old 12-27-2013, 08:30 AM

It looks like all the modern consoles have carved out their own niche. The Xbox One is attempting to be an all-in-one media device that integrates television and video gaming in equal measure. The PS4 is looking to be the premiere high-end gaming console with some concessions to media usage. It'll play DVDs, Blu-ray and stream video from services like Netflix but it doesn't (at this time) play music CD's or stream content from a computer. The Wii U is a pure gaming console with a strong emphasis on primarily supporting Nintendo's own first-party software. The Wii U will also stream movies but in today's world even some refrigerators do that.

With all this in mind I view the PS4 as the best 8th generation video game console when you also factor in price. Being that I'm somewhat of a Nintendo fanboy I'll probably purchase a Wii U first but for serious, as opposed to casual, next-gen gaming the PS4 reigns supreme.

Old 12-27-2013, 11:47 AM

4,003 posts, read 10,845,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
SERIOUSLY rethinking both of them.

I was hot after the PS4 but expected to get it sometime after Christmas. The inability to stream media from a PC (never knew about this until now) is an absolute deal breaker. It is of no use to me if I cant do that. I probably stream media as much as I game on it. Im not keeping the current PS3 on that tv since the one I resurrected from YLOD died again so I need to move it to the other living room.
DLNA, MP3, and USB support are coming really soon for the PS4, next firmware update from I read. You will be able to stream it all once that hits.

Old 12-27-2013, 12:29 PM

2,533 posts, read 4,605,486 times
Quote:
It looks like all the modern consoles have carved out their own niche. The Xbox One is attempting to be an all-in-one media device that integrates television and video gaming in equal measure. The PS4 is looking to be the premiere high-end gaming console with some concessions to media usage. It'll play DVDs, Blu-ray and stream video from services like Netflix but it doesn't (at this time) play music CD's or stream content from a computer. The Wii U is a pure gaming console with a strong emphasis on primarily supporting Nintendo's own first-party software. The Wii U will also stream movies but in today's world even some refrigerators do that.

With all this in mind I view the PS4 as the best 8th generation video game console when you also factor in price. Being that I'm somewhat of a Nintendo fanboy I'll probably purchase a Wii U first but for serious, as opposed to casual, next-gen gaming the PS4 reigns supreme.
You're a Nintendo fanboi? I'd have guessed Sony. Why is "next-gen" in italics? You do realize XB1 is next-gen too?

So why is it that that PS4 reigns supreme over the XB1? Is it because it's $100 cheaper (and doesn't include Kinect-type functionality?)

Better long term potential? Not buying it.

Better game library at launch? Not even close.

I've already said I am getting a PS4 (in late March when MLB 14:The Show launches) but until then there isn't a single game that I consider a must have.

The games I have are either XB1 exclusive (KI, Forza 5, Dead Rising 3) or cross platform (NBA 2k14)... So please... tell me... What am I missing out on by waiting to buy the PS4 when it actually has a game that I want to play? Can I integrate my cable TV with it? No I can't. Can it stream media from my computer? Nope, can't do that either.

I'm confused.

Old 12-27-2013, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
I'm confused.
You're confused because you ignored sacredgrooves' post. Most of the functionality missing from the PS4 now will be added later via updates.

Kees, you don't have to rationalize your XB1 purchase to us but please be mature enough to admit that you're out of touch with the will of this forum as proven by the results of the poll. Also, the PS4 has a healthy 600,000 unit lead already on the XB1 and it hasn't even launched in its home market of Japan yet.

Nobody who knows me would think I'm a Sony fanboy as I don't even own a PS3. Last gen I went with the Xbox 360/Wii combo which represented the better value and gave me access to all the games I wanted to experience. This time I'm going with the PS4/Wii U combo for the same reason.

Old 12-27-2013, 01:59 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,731,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredgrooves View Post
DLNA, MP3, and USB support are coming really soon for the PS4, next firmware update from I read. You will be able to stream it all once that hits.
That's good info. I looked to see if it was coming and couldnt find anything definitive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games