Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2016, 01:16 PM

7,083 posts, read 9,576,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingbutnotlost View Post
Sigh another Pizza shop? I am happy about the Starbucks bc there are no starbucks on that part of town or Hyattsville or Riverdale Park. It will do well. Wish it were a cute homey coffee shop that made cute drinks but oh well.

Idk anything about Mod Pizza. I want them to get more sit down restaurants for families.
Mod Pizza is another "build-your-own" fast-fired pizza place comparable to Blaze Pizza where you get your personal pizza in about 5 minutes.

I think you will see maybe one more sit down restaurant. But I don't think that the development has enough density to support more than two full sit-down restaurants in the near future. Maybe a few years from now when Rt.1 continues to add residences there will be demand for more places to eat.

A nice watering hole with good bar food like Looneys wouldn't be a bad choice where people can gather and watch pro or college sports and not have to be surrounded by college students.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2016, 01:48 PM

340 posts, read 377,377 times
This plaza is establishing a blueprint for what fits....they want every business to be the first or second in PG County (exception for Starbucks and Jersey Mikes), they want chains with a proven track record of and blueprint for success, not mom & pops, but they also don't want the biggest chains to the point where they don't draw a buzz like Subway or Dunkin Donuts.

With Mod, I'm ok with more pizza at this tier. It's the trend and should start to put some pressure on the fast food, delivery locations like Manny & Olga, Pizza Hut, DP Dough, Boli's, Paisano's, and I think Potomac Pizza. And I still expect &Pizza to land in the area eventually, probably in PG Plaza when it's starts to overhaul.

Burton's has a nice bar and TV setup usually, so I definitely see myself watching games there from time to time, but I think there is room for 1 or 2 more sit down restaurants, a family restaurant like Ted's Bulletin would be perfect imo.

Old 10-12-2016, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughLow805 View Post

Burton's has a nice bar and TV setup usually, so I definitely see myself watching games there from time to time, but I think there is room for 1 or 2 more sit down restaurants, a family restaurant like Ted's Bulletin would be perfect imo.
Ted's Bulletin looks kinda cool. I think they can get away with a Bonefish Grill. Maryland is known for its seafood lovers. Joe's Crabshack is doing well.

Old 10-12-2016, 06:03 PM

662 posts, read 784,073 times
Ted's would be good. They only have locations in DC and they have good brunch. There needs to be a brunch place in this area to attract all of those people who have moved from DC to Hyattsville. Busboys is the brunch spot now in the area.

Bonefish is only dinner so somewhere that has Sat. and Sunday morning/afternoon service would be a good look.

Old 10-12-2016, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
open up an incognito window in your browser and look at the article in that window. They use cookies to track how many articles you read. Browsing incognito doesn't allow cookies, so you'll be able to read the article.
lifesaver!!

Old 10-12-2016, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Ted's would be good. They only have locations in DC and they have good brunch. There needs to be a brunch place in this area to attract all of those people who have moved from DC to Hyattsville. Busboys is the brunch spot now in the area.

Bonefish is only dinner so somewhere that has Sat. and Sunday morning/afternoon service would be a good look.
I read that Burton's has brunch.

Old 10-13-2016, 09:59 AM

340 posts, read 377,377 times
Quote:

Ted's has locations in Gaithersburg, Reston, and Fairvax in addition to the 2 in DC. They are also owned by the same group that owns Matchbox, which also has multiple locations around the DMV...but both are growing rapidly which I why I think Ted's is a reasonable target.

Also, Birds Kitchen and Cocktails has Brunch down in Mt. Rainier. Kapnos Taverna will have brunch in the Hotel once that opens.

Last edited by DoughLow805; 10-13-2016 at 10:53 AM..

Old 10-13-2016, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Ted's has locations in Gaithersburg, Reston, and Fairvax in addition to the 2 in DC. They are also owned by the same group that owns Matchbox, which also has multiple locations around the DMV...but both are growing rapidly which I why I think they are a reasonable target.

Also, Birds Kitchen and Cocktails has Brunch down in Mt. Rainier. Kapnos Taverna will have brunch in the Hotel once that opens.
I can't wait for Kapnos Taverna. I love Seafood and his menus look pretty good. I may have to try one out soon to get a feel for what the one in College Park will be like.

Old 10-13-2016, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Ted's has locations in Gaithersburg, Reston, and Fairvax in addition to the 2 in DC. They are also owned by the same group that owns Matchbox, which also has multiple locations around the DMV...but both are growing rapidly which I why I think they are a reasonable target.

I went to Bird's and had a terrible experience service wise. Their food is just ok.
Hmm....I forgot that Ted's is owned by Matchbox and my source w/in that company has told me they find the licensing process in MD onerous. Matchbox would be a great addition to that area I think but maybe it's too much like Burton's.

Old 10-13-2016, 11:13 AM

Quote:
I went to Bird's and had a terrible experience service wise. Their food is just ok.
Hmm....I forgot that Ted's is owned by Matchbox and my source w/in that company has told me they find the licensing process in MD onerous. Matchbox would be a great addition to that area I think but maybe it's too much like Burton's.
BIrd's is just OK. We ate there last winter and the service was lacking. However, I value a variety of aspects and look at the experience as a whole. I value ambiance. Bird's is a welcome change from fast casual. I look at the menu offerings. While small, Bird's menu does depart from the mundane and the dishes do have a little flair. ANd for those who seek variety, Bird's can at least deliver on that asl well. I also value service. While service was lacking, it was a full house when we went. So, I can cut them a little slack on service. I think I would go back. But only for a special occasion or if I'm bored. lol I think Kapnos Taverna and Burton's Grill, or maybe even Franklin's new restaurant would be my romantic evening, or upscale choices rather than Bird's.Birds is great for Mt. Rainier though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland