Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 02:48 PM

5 posts, read 16,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
There are 4 routes that I would use.

1. beltway to NH - In the morning it can, and often does, get really bad.

2. 201 Kenilworth south to 193 - Univerity Blvd / Greenbelt rd. turn right. take 193 to Metzerzott and turn right. Make another right on Adelphi rd. Finally turn right on NH.

3. 201 Kenilworth north to Powder Mill Rd and turn left. Take Powder Mill rd all the way to NH and turn right.

4. North on 201 to Sunnyside {trun left} to Rhode Island ave {turn right} to Rt. 1 {turn left} {then immediate right} on Montgomery. Take Montgomery to Powder Mill and turn left {sharp turn - almost a U turn}. Take Powder Mill to NH adn turn right.)

The 4th route is going to have the least amount of traffic, but will not always be faster than the Beltway. That's the way I would go if the Beltway is jammed up. It's easier than it looks in my description. The 2 nd route would be another good alternative to the beltway.
very nice/useful info! Thx.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2008, 08:44 PM

884 posts, read 2,642,702 times
Wow. I live right down the street from there. I need to see if they are still hiring!. Are you a scientist?

Old 02-26-2008, 09:33 PM

5 posts, read 16,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbluelandrover View Post
Wow. I live right down the street from there. I need to see if they are still hiring!. Are you a scientist?
I am a fresh phd

Old 03-04-2008, 10:43 AM

1 posts, read 5,106 times
Default Try the Chateau Apts in zipcode 20903

I lived there for 4 years and was always safe. I even left my keys on my car door overnight and it was still there, waiting for me the next morning...Surprise! I used to work downtown Silver Spring and enjoyed saving money and living in a much larger apt with all my utilities covered (as opposed to living in an expensive apt D/T). I would not recommend any other apt communities around there though, if you want to be close to work - the chateau is the way to go!

Old 03-04-2008, 08:27 PM

884 posts, read 2,642,702 times
Aussiein ^5
That is where I currently live and I do agree. The area is patrolled and most residents are military, govt. The bldg is quiet and the staff is good when you need maintenance etc. The apartments are large too. I would'nt live in any other bldgs off New Hampshire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland