Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2007, 02:17 PM

135 posts, read 606,080 times

Advertisements

incredibly, this sentence is proper. I find myself stunned in silent amazement)

Bobrules

Old 12-07-2007, 02:29 PM

692 posts, read 1,732,425 times
I find it funny how people will write about anything but the serious comments made.

Old 12-07-2007, 06:36 PM

2,039 posts, read 4,555,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liliblu View Post
I find it funny how people will write about anything but the serious comments made.
To be honest do you think lscalders comments are serious and relevant? When you have someone spewing the same thing over and over and its filled with that much racism, a little levity is called for.

Old 12-07-2007, 07:12 PM

692 posts, read 1,732,425 times
I also find it funny that you think that the only take offense to Iscalder's comments. If I created a list of all the people who spew garbage on these boards I'd be here all night.

Old 12-07-2007, 08:22 PM

71 posts, read 337,490 times
Well lilibulu, if you find offense to people's comments... SAY SOMETHING!!!!

The ultimate acceptance of ignorance is apathy and tolerance of it. If you see someone (even me) that is being a jerk and/or saying something stupid, COMMENT ON 'EM!!!!

Iscalder makes herself an easy target because she attributes EVERYTHING to being black. People hate me because I am successful AND black. People are scared of me because my husband is BLACK. People are intimidated by me because I have blah blah blah AND I'm black.

Newsflash honey, NO ONE CARES THAT YOU ARE BLACK. The only one making an issue of it is you. If you feel better about yourself because you are black, more power to you. Just save that stupid belief to yourself.

Old 12-07-2007, 08:58 PM

lilibu, did I say I took offense to her comments? I just find some of them ridiculous (not anger worthy) and very racist. That's why I decided to joke about it. That being said, however, I do stand behind her in her defense of PG County and I am actually happy for her success in life at such a young age. To be honest, she will be the kind of person to fight to get this county in shape and champion it in any way she can. I think she has a lot of passion for PG and her family, however, she just can't always communicate it in the right way. Blatant racism takes away from the credibility of her postings.

Old 12-09-2007, 02:07 AM

217 posts, read 752,214 times
Since this has gotten racial...
Having lived in the county for 20 years I have learned that blacks are far more concerned about race in PG than anywhere else I live.
I base this on my own experiences such as what is going on here as well as hearing it when out in public. I live in a majority black neighborhood and will remove my neighbors from that as they do not bring that up at all - they are readily willing to talk to the white boy in the neighborhood as I treat them the same, or better, as I would any of the whites here. Most of the whites have made their flights out of here to remove themselves from here - to where?
Another hour drive away to SM or Calvert? That is pretty stupid in my book.
As far as what is bad in PG county? Public services such as telephone, water, electric, cable companies have employees that are not capable on all behalves. I think the expected level of service anywhere - Lowe's to McDonald's - is low in the county. The level of service one receives at the same stores in Va is noticeably higher. Do we hold that to the owners/managers of the establishments or the employees themselves?
The county council is a joke and represent themselves for their own good. What has it done in the past 10 years that would heal the county from the scars left behind from Paris Glendenning's near criminal behavior as executive? From what I see - not much.
Oh, they banned pit bulls but, the teens in the county are more of a risk that any dogs. Dogs don't drink and drive, do drugs, carry guns or knives or rape women. That is a lot of crime that happens and a dog isn't committing it.
It's Saturday night...let's see what kind of stuff shows up on the news tomorrow.

Old 12-09-2007, 08:39 AM

"Most of the whites have made their flights out of here to remove themselves from here - to where?"

I'm white and have been in PG county my whole life (except for 2 years in NoVa [hated it]). I don't think I would leave this county because of the racial make up. I've lived this long in this diverse county without any problems. This is what I know and couldn't imagine moving somewhere just to be around all white people. It would be a culture shock to me. I would, however, get out just to get more bang for my buck. Possibly a little change in scenery. To be honest, the only person in my neighborhood who gets on my nerves is the beer guzzling, mostly unemployed, total ass, red neck across the street. Big, hairy jerk sits on his porch in his boxers at 10 in the morning swigging beer and yelling at people who dare to park in front of his house (public street). These are the kind of people I want to get away from.

Old 12-12-2007, 12:33 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,659,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwright1 View Post
As a matter of fact I am a graduate of Bladensburg H.S.
What year, may I ask, did you graduate, and I commend you for graduating high school, however did you bother to further your education? You see the reason I ask this is because members of my family, my sisters in particular have gone on to further their education, one is a Professor of Psychiatry at Salt Lake University in Utah another is one of the founding individuals that started the E-Café on the Internet and other such Internet sites in California and another has started her own very successful mechanical engineering business for companies like Campbell's Soups, and other such companies, I myself am retired, but I am still involved in the family company and just recently was back in Prince George's County to attend some meetings to keep up with the business, so you see Prince George's County and Bladensburg High School has been very good to me and my family and continues to do so.

Member of a very old and respected family in Prince George's County

Old 12-12-2007, 01:36 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,659,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscalder View Post
The topic is Noose found on College Park, you will see how people have make such nasty racist remarks about all blacks student who attend the University of Maryland. You have the nerve to point me out when you have passed by all of the racist remarks about the entire black race and entire PG county but yet you are pointing me out for making fair comments about both race. I guess you want me to bash the entire Pg county and the Entire Black race because the folks on here who are I guess are not racist to you.
Just a couple of questions, first off, were you educated in Prince George's County? And if you were would you please proof-read your posts before you decide to post them, if you were not educated in Prince George's County then I suggest you do the same thing, proof-read your posts before you post them, because for some reason you seem to be using a language that very few of us seem to understand and have a very tough time translating. You are only showing you ignorance and lack of education should you continue to do this. I was born and raised in Prince George's County and educated in Prince George's County and have never used nor had the opportunity to use this kind of language.

A member of an old and respected family in Prince George's County
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland