Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2020, 11:03 PM

3,695 posts, read 2,416,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
USA gets an F-
Totally agree.

Quote:
WA gets a D-
Tough grader. Glad I didn't have you as a teacher in school.

Quote:
USA totally blew it, and there are obvious reasons (terrible HC system but 'excellent' medical technology and scads of research / world NGO exposure )

BIG disconnect.
Our enemies are watching (very closely).
So true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2020, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
I give Inslee good marks for keeping citizens informed and educated while keeping a sane tone.
Completely agree.

He doesn't get much if any mention from the national media but that's fine.

I with WA could just close the borders and we can do our own thing until this ends (which will be a long time, IMO).

Old 04-16-2020, 11:24 PM

13,080 posts, read 7,523,914 times
JMO, I believe that AMZN, MSFT, and other international corporations, saw in their internal network and analysis, that all was not well. Gov Inslee followed their lead and made convincing policy, but 2 weeks too late.

Old 04-16-2020, 11:32 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,890,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning2USA View Post
Completely agree.

He doesn't get much if any mention from the national media but that's fine.

I with WA could just close the borders and we can do our own thing until this ends (which will be a long time, IMO).
Trump hates Inslee for whatever reason but I think he is governing well.

Old 04-17-2020, 12:24 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,741 posts, read 58,090,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDonkey View Post
Washington also significantly ramped up testing early, using state, university, and other labs. As of a few weeks ago, Washington had tested 50% more per capita than any other state. Each positive test result is someone quarenteed and, hopefully, no longer spreading the infection.
WA testing stats / capita are not impressive today!
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

128,900 tests for population of 7.6m population... Pretty sad actually, since everyone will need to be tested multiple times until we have a vaccine.

I see Emirates airlines is doing a blood test at the boarding gate in Dubai. Results in 10 minutes. USA is still trying to 'invent' their own tests. How about just using a test that has worked for multiple millions the last 3 months and get on with life. There are bigger fish to fry.

Can't see the forest for the trees. (While there are still forests)
When China takes over the USA there will immediately be a lot less trees in 'The Evergreen State'. Then it will be too late to open our eyes.

Old 04-17-2020, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
Trump hates Inslee for whatever reason but I think he is governing well.
I think it goes back to the reponse from Inslee that was off-topic about the an issue related to the virus
regarding Inslee's note of "science."

Off-topic, cheap shot.

And since then DJT has not liked him and has Pence communicate with him.

Old 04-17-2020, 08:54 AM

9,182 posts, read 12,134,850 times
Quote:
just some 'perspective' (This is not OVER yet...)

Today (15 April 2020) in ONE day

USA has 30,206 NEW cases(37% of China total for 4 months...) 2,482 deaths (75% of China total for 4 months...)= 86 deaths/m
WA has 115 new cases, 25 deaths = 78 deaths/m (still! ONE day, and ONLY the reported / confirmed Covid 'assigned' cases (most poeple I know have not been tested YET)

China for last 4 months+ (reported(?)) 82,295 TOTAL cases 3,326 Deaths (Total) = 2 deaths / m
Taiwan 395 TOTAL cases 6 deaths = 0.3 deaths/m - remember... Taiwan, Thailand, Singapore, Hong Kong are VERY urbanized (metro centers with high contact - NYC style). Each had very early cases (before risk was known) and NONE of them have deaths exceeding 0.6 / m

BTW, my friends in China (USA and National) feel quite safe and glad to be THERE rather than HERE!

USA gets an F-
WA gets a D-

IMHO (since I don't do 'school')

USA totally blew it, and there are obvious reasons (terrible HC system but 'excellent' medical technology and scads of research / world NGO exposure )

BIG disconnect.
Our enemies are watching (very closely).
We have a LOT of enemies
China never disclosed the true numbers though. There are many articles about this.

Old 04-17-2020, 09:01 AM

9,182 posts, read 12,134,850 times
Quote:
WA testing stats / capita are not impressive today!
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

128,900 tests for population of 7.6m population... Pretty sad actually, since everyone will need to be tested multiple times until we have a vaccine.

I see Emirates airlines is doing a blood test at the boarding gate in Dubai. Results in 10 minutes. USA is still trying to 'invent' their own tests. How about just using a test that has worked for multiple millions the last 3 months and get on with life. There are bigger fish to fry.

Can't see the forest for the trees. (While there are still forests)
When China takes over the USA there will immediately be a lot less trees in 'The Evergreen State'. Then it will be too late to open our eyes.
Most countries except a few have similar testing per 1M people, so WA or the US are not that different when it comes to testing.

Old 04-17-2020, 03:24 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,741 posts, read 58,090,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
Most countries except a few have similar testing per 1M people, so WA or the US are not that different when it comes to testing.
If you can be satisifed for being "average" (<2% tested) during a very managable health crisis. (if we had adequate testing and contact tracking from day one, as several countries have illustrated is very possible)

We (USA) are improving as time goes by, yet the daily USA death count sets new records each of last few days.

WA has the benefit of time, so hopefully will be under better control and show improved stats each day.
Need to drive the number of new cases to below 1% (3% yesterday, down from average of 12% a week ago)

Old 04-17-2020, 07:28 PM

3,974 posts, read 5,169,572 times
So can we start fishing again? We're missing to many gorgeous days on the water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington