Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2022, 09:47 PM

1,369 posts, read 715,962 times

Advertisements

I’m a progressive. I’m fine with it. There are pros and cons. Ultimately it's a judgement call while cases are fairly low and, more importantly, hospitalization is not an issue.

As for the decision itself, a single court’s opinion has all kinds of procedures to go through if appealed, but again, it’s pretty low stakes, at this point.

Old 04-18-2022, 10:51 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,679,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Still not 90% of the population.

However, you are not counted as a COVID-19 death if you die with no symptoms of COVID-19.

Poor compliance with mitigation measures.

How is Fauci "padding his wallet"?

This is the kind of third hand information that gets misinformation spread far and wide. They may be wealthy. That does not mean they understand infectious diseases.
It's the why and how they are wealthy. It's that he's working at the top of a system that employees doctors, nurses, researchers, scientists... and actuaries... For this reason I value this individual's opinion more than the misinformation I see reported in the media.

Old 04-19-2022, 09:43 AM

9,182 posts, read 12,142,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcos View Post
I’m a progressive. I’m fine with it. There are pros and cons. Ultimately it's a judgement call while cases are fairly low and, more importantly, hospitalization is not an issue.

As for the decision itself, a single court’s opinion has all kinds of procedures to go through if appealed, but again, it’s pretty low stakes, at this point.
Sorry but not such thing as "cases" anymore. Sever cases and hospitalizations is what matters and they are at the lowest levels since early 2020. Also, the goal now is not to slow the spread, it's to keep people out of the hospitals, so wearing masks to protect others makes no sense anymore. Do you realize most cases were never reported?

Old 04-19-2022, 10:13 AM

5,281 posts, read 3,089,681 times
I would even go further than that.
Not only were most cases never reported lots of people never knew that they had it.

I know 2 that tested positive and they had no idea.

We have a family pod where the kids and hubby got it twice but the mom didn’t.
She didn’t want to waste time for a test so she never got one and says she never had it.

I think the percentage of people that have been exposed and infected well passes 90%.

Just a few minutes ago the news said the administration was unhappy about the new mask ruling on airlines.
This reaction is following the science?

Old 04-19-2022, 12:12 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,142,974 times
Quote:
They estimate that only about 7% of positive cases in the US are being detected -- suggesting that the case rates are 14.5 times higher than reported.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/19/polit...sis/index.html

Old 04-19-2022, 01:20 PM

6,262 posts, read 3,424,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcos View Post

Define progressive?
Himm..defund the police, having complete control over the people, etc. Woke? Explain progressiveness?.

Old 04-19-2022, 04:07 PM

37,128 posts, read 41,330,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
By having an invested interest in the drug companies that produce the vaccines.
Like stocks and kick backs to promote their vaccine. And the Covid vaccine is not the only drug he has promoted in the past for profit.

Read 'The Real Anthony Fauci' by Robert F Kennedy Jr who is a democrat.

His book is on the NYT bestsellers list for a reason.
Many people died with covid not because of covid.
I would not read JFK, Jr.'s book if you paid me. The man has blood on his hands. Even his family says he is a kook.

Please list the drug company stocks that Fauci owns and the number of shares.

Old 04-19-2022, 08:48 PM

1,066 posts, read 894,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
I would even go further than that.
Not only were most cases never reported lots of people never knew that they had it.

I know 2 that tested positive and they had no idea.

We have a family pod where the kids and hubby got it twice but the mom didn’t.
She didn’t want to waste time for a test so she never got one and says she never had it.

I think the percentage of people that have been exposed and infected well passes 90%.

Just a few minutes ago the news said the administration was unhappy about the new mask ruling on airlines.
This reaction is following the science?
The basis for the decision is the primary reason, surprised you knew about the decision and the administration’s feelings about it, but not the reason why.

Old 04-19-2022, 08:50 PM

1,066 posts, read 894,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Define progressive?
Himm..defund the police, having complete control over the people, etc. Woke? Explain progressiveness?.
You gave two examples, and one of them was an absolute falsehood. I doubt you Understand what defund the police means, either.

Old 04-19-2022, 08:50 PM

7,030 posts, read 4,910,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
Covid used to have a death rate of 3%. Now it's around 0.1% (keep in mind no country has recorded all infections because of lack of testing, people don't even know they are sick or they are not sick enough and don't want to get tested) and this % is for all ages. The younger you are the much lower chance of dying from covid.
I took the most recent figure I could find but I'm sure it wasn't as up to date as it could be.

Yeah, as far as I know, I haven't had covid but who knows. I could have had it and didn't know.

I was sick here last month at the nursing facility I'm at and it was frustrating that no one took any interest in it. I could have had covid or norovirus and nobody tested me. In fact, when I was at the hospital for surgery, I was tested twice for covid. No one ever got back to me on that so all I can infer is that I was negative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington