Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2022, 10:57 AM

1,369 posts, read 718,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Go away.
But if Anthony Fauci is really on the take, don’t you think it is important for you to provide actual proof so that people like me would learn the error of our ways?

I think it is only fair, since I spent so much time showing you actual proof that the vaccines work, that masks are effective, that health officials have constitutional rights and responsibilities and are following them closely, and that countries with people that work more closely with each other have much better health outcomes against Covid than those that are split up due to misinformation.

Don’t worry, you don’t have to respond, I’m just teasing.

Old 04-20-2022, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
You don't see restrictions NOW. Just wait until this fall and this is what many people are really worried about. And the first places to bring back restrictions will be schools and universities (the people that are least vulnerable to this virus)
Sounds like adaptive management to me. I feel that restrictions will come back, but only in the case of new variants that are causing significant problems, or if the hospitals start to fill up again, or if death rates start to go up again. And all those sound like reasonable justifications. However, as we have seen a trend over the course of this pandemic, whatever restrictions come back are generally milder than the ones we had before. I think it would be foolish to adopt a policy stating that there should be no restrictions, no matter what the situation, without leaving space to respond if the situation actually gets bad. And as usual there will be different levels of restrictions in different locations, because of different perceptions of risk. Places that have a denser population, or more vulnerable people, will be more proactive than other places. Places with more people with high scientific literacy and a stronger sense of responsibility to their community will also be more amenable to anti Covid measures. There will be no blanket policy.

Old 04-20-2022, 03:07 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,160,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcos View Post
Sounds like adaptive management to me. I feel that restrictions will come back, but only in the case of new variants that are causing significant problems, or if the hospitals start to fill up again, or if death rates start to go up again. And all those sound like reasonable justifications. However, as we have seen a trend over the course of this pandemic, whatever restrictions come back are generally milder than the ones we had before. I think it would be foolish to adopt a policy stating that there should be no restrictions, no matter what the situation, without leaving space to respond if the situation actually gets bad. And as usual there will be different levels of restrictions in different locations, because of different perceptions of risk. Places that have a denser population, or more vulnerable people, will be more proactive than other places. Places with more people with high scientific literacy and a stronger sense of responsibility to their community will also be more amenable to anti Covid measures. There will be no blanket policy.
Many mandates are re-instated out of fear or just in case (because of a new "subvariant" really?) - just look at Philadelphia, some universities with 98% vaccination rates (ridiculous) and even the extended transportation mask mandate by CDC last week (before the judge voided it). This is exactly how you lose people's trust. And because there are no new variants, they just keep adding letters to Omicron to keep the fear alive.

Last edited by Botev1912; 04-20-2022 at 03:17 PM..

Old 04-20-2022, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Many mandates are re-instated out of fear or just in case (because of a new "subvariant" really?) - just look at Philadelphia, some universities with 98% vaccination rates (ridiculous) and even the extended transportation mask mandate by CDC last week (before the judge voided it). This is exactly how you lose people's trust. And because there are no new variants, they just keep adding letters to Omicron to keep the fear alive.
The virus mutates and scientists carefully map the changes. It is incredibly complex and nothing that you could easily understand. They aren’t naming new variants or sub-variants at random, it requires a lot of thought and discussion between brilliant minds. Your fear or whatever is nowhere in their thoughts. They are just following the Scientific process, based on their experience and skill.

Old 04-21-2022, 12:01 AM

As to the universities, I know that my college had strong anti Covid measures through the worst of Covid and beyond and their positivity rate was almost zero for the entire pandemic. They shared their test results monthly and almost none were infected. An amazing success story that protected them and their families until the vaccines were available and well past that. A great model to follow and a shining example of conscientious young Americans leading the way.

Old 04-21-2022, 07:32 AM

9,182 posts, read 12,160,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcos View Post
The virus mutates and scientists carefully map the changes. It is incredibly complex and nothing that you could easily understand. They aren’t naming new variants or sub-variants at random, it requires a lot of thought and discussion between brilliant minds. Your fear or whatever is nowhere in their thoughts. They are just following the Scientific process, based on their experience and skill.
My fear? You live in a delusional world. I am done with your gibberish. Goodbye.

Old 04-21-2022, 10:50 AM

6,295 posts, read 3,444,414 times
Quote:
My fear? You live in a delusional world. I am done with your gibberish. Goodbye.
Me too and the only person I see spreading fear is that poster.

Old 04-21-2022, 11:38 AM

1,503 posts, read 1,683,460 times
...after multiple comments by yourself and others expressing your fears about government controlling lives and mental health issues. No self awareness at all.

Old 04-21-2022, 11:43 AM

5,281 posts, read 3,107,678 times
I am so happy this Covid emergency is over.
I considered the health hazards of this over long ago.

Hopefully we can begin to rebuild all needless damage that has been done.
I travel a lot and still see partially vacant strip malls throughout the west coast.
There are even boarded up windows in certain areas.
Aren’t there still landlords that can’t evict dead beat tenants?

There has been enough devastation and yet I hear peeps from the scared sh_tless that they are ready and willing for another shutdown.

Delusional is putting it way too polite.

Old 04-21-2022, 12:28 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,693,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
I am so happy this Covid emergency is over.
I considered the health hazards of this over long ago.

Hopefully we can begin to rebuild all needless damage that has been done.
I travel a lot and still see partially vacant strip malls throughout the west coast.
There are even boarded up windows in certain areas.
Aren’t there still landlords that can’t evict dead beat tenants?

There has been enough devastation and yet I hear peeps from the scared sh_tless that they are ready and willing for another shutdown.

Delusional is putting it way too polite.
And another shutdown or something of disruption will come and I've always been forthcoming about this opinion.

Though I've come to be religious I still believe in the Gaia Hypothesis which posits that the biosphere of the entire planet has a level of intelligence and cognition and will, through various means such as human technologies, "self-correct".

I maintain a view that this was all intentional, or at least reactive, by human minds working as a super organism (like a bee hive, with distributed intelligence), intentionally or not, or by some other planetary organic intelligence that we can't or won't measure (not yet at least).

By whatever means necessary or available life will try to continue. Shrinking our numbers and our economies means a rebalancing in energy transfer in a way that's more stable, and beneficial, for the long run.

I even blew my husband's mind the other day when I said perhaps why we see and celebrate all this gender fluidity is because our species is seeking novel ways to self-limit population growth. Of course children are still born to the alternative sex/gender individuals and families, but less than the general population, which is already experiencing a reproductive decline.

Maybe my views make me the most delusional, but, you know, we're two and a half years into this and I've only seen a decrease, not an increase, of faith in our public health institutions. More and more people are less trustworthy. And of them a few more people sense the reek of BS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington