Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2022, 09:16 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,110,132 times

Advertisements

I am sorry that you were sick rodentraiser.
Hope you are feeling better.

Old 04-19-2022, 10:10 PM

1,369 posts, read 718,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
Sorry but not such thing as "cases" anymore. Sever cases and hospitalizations is what matters and they are at the lowest levels since early 2020. Also, the goal now is not to slow the spread, it's to keep people out of the hospitals, so wearing masks to protect others makes no sense anymore. Do you realize most cases were never reported?
I literally said ‘ more importantly, hospitalization is not an issue.’ Meaning that we currently don’t have the issue of having high hospitalization numbers, so there’s less urgency for mask mandates.

But yes, cases will continue to be monitored and also estimated using metrics besides just how many test positive. Health officials are constantly monitoring waste water and also doing random sampling. They know, far better than you, what is being detected and what is not.

Something I’ve had to try to inform you guys about for months and months, that while you seem to think health officials are looking at the same news reports that inform you, when in fact they are highly trained professionals looking at all kinds of data points that you seemingly aren’t aware of. Constantly reading scientific studies, collecting information directly from other scientists and having meetings to make serious decisions.

Old 04-19-2022, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Define progressive?
Himm..defund the police, having complete control over the people, etc. Woke? Explain progressiveness?.
I would, but it’s off topic. Maybe this will be deleted?

I’m a progressive who supports more funding for the police, but also funds that the police use for mental health cases, for example, be transferred to social services if violence isn’t part of the equation.

(I also think the vaccine mandate should have been abated for police/fire. I get why it wasn’t, but I think it was the wrong call.

Your idea of ‘complete control over people’s lives’ is probably your complaint that the Constitution gives the government the right to take strong measures against communicable disease that cause widespread death. That case law was decided in 1911, so I guess your beef is with the ‘progressive’ judges who realized that there is such a thing as a public good, and know-nothings can’t be allowed to spread disease and pestilence through sheer bloody-minded ignorance of science. And the current day highly conservative SCOTUS who have thrown out challenge after challenge to state vaccine mandates.

I believe in the US Constitution and the justice system. What can I say.. I’m a patriot. Most progressives are.

Last edited by Arcos; 04-19-2022 at 10:34 PM..

Old 04-20-2022, 09:56 AM

9,182 posts, read 12,164,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcos View Post
I literally said ‘ more importantly, hospitalization is not an issue.’ Meaning that we currently don’t have the issue of having high hospitalization numbers, so there’s less urgency for mask mandates.

But yes, cases will continue to be monitored and also estimated using metrics besides just how many test positive. Health officials are constantly monitoring waste water and also doing random sampling. They know, far better than you, what is being detected and what is not.

Something I’ve had to try to inform you guys about for months and months, that while you seem to think health officials are looking at the same news reports that inform you, when in fact they are highly trained professionals looking at all kinds of data points that you seemingly aren’t aware of. Constantly reading scientific studies, collecting information directly from other scientists and having meetings to make serious decisions.
Sorry but you are losing as more and more people are fed up with these mandates. Next time some bureaucrat wants to reinstate a mask mandate, more people will not comply. It's been 2+ years. Sadly, children (the least affected by the virus) have the strictest rules. Didn't you see how people on the planes acted when the pilots announced the end of the mask mandate? Almost everyone was cheering as if their favorite team had just won the superbowl. This alone speaks volumes. The US is a democracy.

Last edited by Botev1912; 04-20-2022 at 10:08 AM..

Old 04-20-2022, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Your idea of ‘complete control over people’s lives’ is probably your complaint that the Constitution gives the government the right to take strong measures against communicable disease that cause widespread death.
Again why do some people act as if we are still in March 2020? That used to be the case with covid but Omicron, vaccines and other treatments changed that and Covid now is far less dangerous for everyone including immunocompromised people.

Old 04-20-2022, 10:14 AM

You are arguing with yourself. I have already said that I am fine with the mask mandate being lifted, with the current caseloads, and more importantly, low hospitalizations. The disease remains highly communicable, while the fatality rate and serious illness rate has gone down a lot. As ever, the important metric is the multiplication of the two, because that still has the potential to cause a higher death count and a strain on the hospital system. At the current time, that is not happening, because of a combination of natural immunity and vaccination effectiveness against severe illness. That could go away with time, or with an unfortunate variant. Health departments need to monitor that closely, and that will need to happen continually over the next year or so.

My point about vaccine mandates and mask mandates being constitutional, is a point about the constitution and the law, neither of which depend on the state of the virus today, it is a legal argument and justification for past actions and potential future actions. So you don’t have to be sorry about anything.

If the virus gets worse again, the government should have the right to respond. It certainly has the responsibility to respond. And the conservative Supreme Court will support the state governments, if they do respond.

Old 04-20-2022, 10:19 AM

Quote:
You are arguing with yourself. I have already said that I am fine with the mask mandate being lifted, with the current caseloads, and more importantly, low hospitalizations. My point about vaccine mandates and mask mandates being constitutional, is a point about the constitution and the law, neither of which depend on the state of the virus today, it is a legal argument and justification for past actions and potential future actions. So you don’t have to be sorry about anything.

If the virus gets worse again, the government should have the right to respond. It certainly has the responsibility to respond. And the conservative Supreme Court will support the state governments, if they do respond.
At the same time, they keep ignoring real issues such as anxiety, depression, suicides, isolation, poverty, increased crime etc that are direct result of the government policies because nothing is more important than covid anymore. People also complain about many doctors being obsessed with covid and whatever problem you might have, their first question is "did you get tested for covid" Every other issue is not as important. Those things only work in a real emergency but we are not in an emergency anymore ever since every adult was eligible for vaccination.

Old 04-20-2022, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
At the same time, they keep ignoring real issues such as anxiety, depression, suicides, isolation, poverty, increased crime etc that are direct result of the government policies because nothing is more important than covid anymore. People also complain about many doctors being obsessed with covid and whatever problem you might have, their first question is "did you get tested for covid" Every other issue is not as important. Those things only work in a real emergency but we are not in an emergency anymore ever since every adult was eligible for vaccination.
Again, arguing with yourselves, I don’t see any Covid restrictions around anywhere anymore. Maybe still in the schools? I haven’t been keeping track.

There certainly have been negative effects of the lockdowns, and I don’t think people are disputing that. There are also negative effects from so many people catching Covid and dying, as well as catching Covid and filling up the hospitals, as well as catching Covid and not being able to work. During a global pandemic, there will be negative effects. It is not a good time for us.

As for doctors, I have seen a few recently, and none of them asked me about Covid. However, given the wide range of symptoms from Covid, if you are sick and go to the doctor, it seems like a very normal and smart question for them to ask you if you had tested positive for Covid. After all, there is a global pandemic ongoing.

Old 04-20-2022, 10:49 AM

6,297 posts, read 3,448,908 times
Quote:
Sounds like you have an allegation of wrongdoing and no proof to back it up, so you are backing away and claiming ‘you don’t deserve an answer.’

Hardly convincing.
Go away.

Old 04-20-2022, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Again, arguing with yourselves, I don’t see any Covid restrictions around anywhere anymore. Maybe still in the schools? I haven’t been keeping track.

There certainly have been negative effects of the lockdowns, and I don’t think people are disputing that. There are also negative effects from so many people catching Covid and dying, as well as catching Covid and filling up the hospitals, as well as catching Covid and not being able to work. During a global pandemic, there will be negative effects. It is not a good time for us.

As for doctors, I have seen a few recently, and none of them asked me about Covid. However, given the wide range of symptoms from Covid, if you are sick and go to the doctor, it seems like a very normal and smart question for them to ask you if you had tested positive for Covid. After all, there is a global pandemic ongoing.
You don't see restrictions NOW. Just wait until this fall and this is what many people are really worried about. And the first places to bring back restrictions will be daycares, schools and universities (the people that are least vulnerable to this virus). There will be a whole generation of crazy and depressed people thanks to the government and bureaucratic policies. Children born during Covid have development issues This is what masks and isolation have done but they will never admit it.

https://www.yahoo.com/video/alarming...140100320.html

Last edited by Botev1912; 04-20-2022 at 11:26 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington