Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2007, 07:34 PM

3,073 posts, read 11,578,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Not true for me either, I was born in Texas and well..........you know how I feel about that
Lol, yeah I do know. But don't think you're alone. I'm no fan of the heat either. In fact, the only way I would be perfectly fine with it is if I knew it was going to get really cold in the winter. The only point I was trying to make is that parts of Texas are more than worth the weather.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2007, 08:24 PM

2,639 posts, read 3,227,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpope409 View Post
I was always told that when and where you were born and "gestated" determined what type of weather you preferred. For me, it was on the east coast, in the middle of winter. Which may explain why intense heat makes me tired, sick, and miserable.

How funny! I was born in New York in November and I detest the intense heat which makes me ill as well. What a cool point to ponder!!

Old 07-13-2007, 08:45 PM

3,073 posts, read 11,578,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KewGee View Post

How funny! I was born in New York in November and I detest the intense heat which makes me ill as well. What a cool point to ponder!!
Well, it's a theory that works for me, personally, but other people have proved it wrong.

Old 07-13-2007, 09:31 PM

1,408 posts, read 5,098,001 times
I was born in Atlanta on August 27th...can you even imagine the heat and humidity on that date? I can't find it anywhere so far (too long ago I suspect!) but I can only imagine it was miserable. At least I was born early in the morning which may explain why I like pleasantly warm or cool weather.

Ahem...but I'm in Florida where at 11:30 p.m., it's 83 degrees and probably 80 +% humidity. We stay inside a lot!

I was in Charleston, SC one summer and I thought I was going to die just trying to walk around the city sightseeing. I don't know if it's like that all summer, but that was worse than Orlando ever was.

Old 07-13-2007, 10:01 PM

9,589 posts, read 27,818,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clawson26 View Post
Not a bad theory but I was born in August in Texas and I hate anything above 70 degrees. I keep my house at about 65 in the summer and don't even turn the heat on in the winter. Although maybe I'm adopted and the whole born in Texas thing was just a lie....
OUCH! Somedays 70 F is still too chilly for me.

Old 07-14-2007, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
OUCH! Somedays 70 F is still too chilly for me.

See, we really are all different. I'd rather have it even cooler than 70 F, but 70 would be okay for me.

Old 07-14-2007, 10:09 AM

9,589 posts, read 27,818,953 times
Quote:

See, we really are all different. I'd rather have it even cooler than 70 F, but 70 would be okay for me.
As a kid if you'd asked me about Texas and their weather, I would have figured that all (if not most) Texans felt lucky to have so much weather above 70 F, especially sunny weather in the 70's and 80's.

When I was a kid summer was my most favorite time. When it was in the 70's F, it was "just warm enough for shorts" and I did all the normal outdoor sports and activities. When started getting hot, probably anywhere from 85-95 F, I got to do all the same activities, plus more; my parents or friend's parents would set up lawn sprinklers to run through or bring us watermelon, lemonade or popcicles.

Good times.
I miss them.

Old 07-14-2007, 10:50 AM

6,613 posts, read 16,594,298 times
Quote:

I was born way upstate NY, in a hospital a mile from the Canadian border. But it was late June and my mother has told me the temperature was in the 90s and there was no air conditioning. I prefer a temperate climate, can handle dry heat, but hot humid weather makes me miserable, grouchy and lethargic. No way will I ever live in a place with lots of that weather again. Seven summers in FL convinced me!

Old 07-14-2007, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Around View Post
I was born way upstate NY, in a hospital a mile from the Canadian border. But it was late June and my mother has told me the temperature was in the 90s and there was no air conditioning. I prefer a temperate climate, can handle dry heat, but hot humid weather makes me miserable, grouchy and lethargic. No way will I ever live in a place with lots of that weather again. Seven summers in FL convinced me!
I agree, and now I'm in Texas (from CA) and have been for 28 years. If I ever get out of the humidity, I won't return to it. The other night after I walked my dogs, it was so humid and I was so sweaty and sticky, I thought I was going to scream. This summer is actually one of the "coolest" I can remember. Grouchy.....you betcha. It also makes me ill to be so hot.

Old 07-14-2007, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
As a kid if you'd asked me about Texas and their weather, I would have figured that all (if not most) Texans felt lucky to have so much weather above 70 F, especially sunny weather in the 70's and 80's.

When I was a kid summer was my most favorite time. When it was in the 70's F, it was "just warm enough for shorts" and I did all the normal outdoor sports and activities. When started getting hot, probably anywhere from 85-95 F, I got to do all the same activities, plus more; my parents or friend's parents would set up lawn sprinklers to run through or bring us watermelon, lemonade or popcicles.

Good times.
I miss them.

The 70s and 80s really is too hot because usually, we'll have the humidity with those degrees. When it's drier, it is pleasant, but I still prefer between 45 and 65 degrees and preferably with sun.

Memories......How I miss them too. I remember in CA setting up a lemonade stand in front of my house and the neighbor kids and I made a little spending cash. We would also make sandwiches for the trashmen and give them cool drinks. They'd see these kids ready for them every week and they'd take their break under our giant and beautiful Walnut Tree.

Ahhh, the simple days of youth back in the 1950s. It's just so different today and so many kids are missing out on the simple things that really matter. Of course, they will never know about them, so I guess they won't really miss them.

Thanks for a bit of nostalgia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather