Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2012, 09:49 AM

20,633 posts, read 23,867,312 times

Advertisements

The CFs is actually showing a cold december for the British Isles which is a first. The CFS usually shows normal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2012, 03:47 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,551,112 times
Northern New England can't seem to get a below average temperature month period. Several locations have recorded 20 months straight of above average temperatures. This is the most continuous months of above average temeperatures since records have been kept. There is no doubt that the climate is getting warmer.

Old 10-07-2012, 10:30 AM

1,635 posts, read 2,515,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Must see if you like Winter. Models are catching on to the pattern. He shows what the CFS had and what it show now.
Well, Joe Bastardi, IMO, flipped out a couple of years ago and has not made his way back. He is very emotional and lets his emotion impact his forecasts. He is not reliable.

Old 10-07-2012, 12:20 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,551,112 times
Joe Bastardi resigned from Accuweather last year. He is just a tool for the big corporate energy companies.

Old 10-07-2012, 12:24 PM

1,607 posts, read 3,089,599 times
I take it one week at a time, I really believe they can't forecast crap more than a day ahead of time and even then they are wrong...I believe they said rain most of the day in central CT? and it hasn't rained yet here today...actually a nice fall day, mostly cloudy but not really cold, I wore shorts to the store, no problem.

After having the most brutal winter in a long time (2010-2011) with structures collapsing, etc etc to the mildest I remember in a long time (2011-2012) and weather experts in the media forecasting all over the place, if I wake up and the house is cold, I will turn the heat up a little. If it is snowing, I will wear boots and use my 4x4 button.

My friend is out fishing today in the sound, water is 68 degrees, quite warm. still catching "southern migratory" fish like jacks and banded rudderfish, and they NEVER used to catch them in the sound up to a few years ago.

So, my prediction December will be cooler than November, January colder than december, more snow in FEb than January and warming in March lol.

Old 10-08-2012, 06:13 AM

5,576 posts, read 7,995,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctwhitechin View Post
So, my prediction December will be cooler than November, January colder than december, more snow in FEb than January and warming in March lol.
Aw, come on. Playing it safe is so boring .

Old 10-08-2012, 06:38 AM

4,429 posts, read 10,359,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmicstargoat View Post
Well, Joe Bastardi, IMO, flipped out a couple of years ago and has not made his way back. He is very emotional and lets his emotion impact his forecasts. He is not reliable.
Yea,.....I can see the same thing. I think he was even too over the top for AccWeather lol. His bias now is 12 months of cold/snow for the whole USA mainland outside of Florida. It's sad to even watch him now, you can see what little scientific stableness he had drifting away....

Old 10-08-2012, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricius Maximus View Post
Aw, come on. Playing it safe is so boring .
I don't know about that. January has consistently been warmer than December in my area the past few years. The lake freezes in December, thaws in January and then re-freezes in February. Of course, it's a moot point now as due to the horrible drought, the lake is now almost gone

Old 10-08-2012, 06:40 AM

4,429 posts, read 10,359,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Northern New England can't seem to get a below average temperature month period. Several locations have recorded 20 months straight of above average temperatures. This is the most continuous months of above average temeperatures since records have been kept. There is no doubt that the climate is getting warmer.

...same thing down here on the coast of the Tri-State area (NY/NJ/CT).....Bridgeport CT has had 19 months of above normal temps...and right now stands at +4.0 for October.

Old 10-08-2012, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehunter007 View Post
Yea,.....I can see the same thing. I think he was even too over the top for AccWeather lol. His bias now is 12 months of cold/snow for the whole USA mainland outside of Florida. It's sad to even watch him now, you can see what little scientific stableness he had drifting away....
He got the forecast right a couple of years back and after that he was sad to watch as he would almost throw a tantrum when things went against his continuous "cooling" forecasts. His last year at Accuweather was hard to watch as he stubbornly tried to fight the reality of the warming and looked quite foolish. He was calling for brutally cold winters in 2011-2013, not unlike the winters of 1977-1979. We all know how that went last year and this year's winter is shaping up to be another warm yawner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather