Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2014, 01:24 PM

4,439 posts, read 5,521,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeteoMan View Post
Ha yeah I think that I had finally had enough with their obnoxious attitude towards everybody. It was a really awful job and quite some time ago when I was less mature, since then I know how to, er, "refine" my behaviour, but yes I was proud that I stood up for myself and wasn't a doormat. These days though I would not get that angry but would still certainly talk to the manager about their attitude. Over here at least in these companies I worked for, there has to be a proper reason to fire somebody, as determined by a disciplinary procedure. They can't just kick you out. So a nice "word" with the manager would do, they can't fire me for that, whatever I say as long as it isn't profane or rude/aggressive.
That's the thing that truly sucks about this country - managers have the right to be as verbally abusive as they like (I mean, like yelling and screaming in your face, using all kinds of curse words, etc), and yet if you say one "damn you" back, they can walk you right out the door.

Now, how is that fair? I can only hope I live long enough to see the return of decent labor laws in this country.

9,962 posts, read 12,384,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwhale View Post
Would love to be in London, so fed up in the countryside.
Would love to be in the countryside so fed up of London

22,216 posts, read 21,681,771 times
I have seldom had a manger, and haven't had any issues.

I have had plenty of problems with slack employees though. New labour laws have made things easier though.

Old 09-16-2014, 01:26 PM

4,965 posts, read 5,690,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStarDelight View Post
That's the thing that truly sucks about this country - managers have the right to be as verbally abusive as they like (I mean, like yelling and screaming in your face, using all kinds of curse words, etc), and yet if you say one "damn you" back, they can walk you right out the door.

Now, how is that fair? I can only hope I live long enough to see the return of decent labor laws in this country.
Yes I gathered that from the employment forum, seems like the UK has a better grip on this kind of thing. Hope you do get some better labor laws over there!

Old 09-16-2014, 01:30 PM

3,400 posts, read 3,206,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
Would love to be in the countryside so fed up of London
Why??

Old 09-16-2014, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
I have seldom had a manger, and haven't had any issues.

I have had plenty of problems with slack employees though. New labour laws have made things easier though.
You mean, NZ is more like the US now, then? That suxs.

How much are your "slack" employees being paid? If they're getting a fraction of what you make, then they have every right to work as "easy" as possible. If someone wants me to work hard, like they do, then they can pay me what that work is worth. That's just common sense stuff right there.

That's why I haven't worked for anyone else in many a year - it was making me angry 24/7 living like that. (Not to mention the discrimination I got for being hard of hearing.) Good thing I have a LOT of company these days - the "labor participation rate" continues to fall, year after year, and is now back at 1970's levels. And people go around scratching their heads why people are so unhappy with the world of "work."

Old 09-16-2014, 01:37 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,589,687 times
I can be a bit of a slacker at times but that's what happens when you work in an office environment.

Old 09-16-2014, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
I can be a bit of a slacker at times but that's what happens when you work in an office environment.
Yeah, I'm every boss's worse nightmare, as I can't focus on a single task for more than 10 minutes, on a good day...lol. Some of us just aren't suited to working 8 hours a day doing the same thing, over and over, and over, ad nausuem. It's enough to make me wish we'd never evolved as far as the Industrial Revolution...lol.

Old 09-16-2014, 02:02 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,384,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwhale View Post
Why??
Less noise, less pollution, closer to nature, can escape people if you want to etc.

London gets old...

Old 09-16-2014, 02:07 PM

3,400 posts, read 3,206,190 times
Don't know about uni now. I'm a quiet person and hate partying... Think i'd die if I was in a loud dorm with people taking drugs etc..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather