Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 03:29 PM

1,981 posts, read 5,999,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorpus View Post
Don't show your NY driver's license, or they'll arrest you on the spot for not getting a WV license fast enough.
30 days isn't it ?

I agree Snorpus. Obama's campaign is pointless in WV now. Even if he wins the nomination. He will not win WV. His raidical supporters' comments bashing WV nipped him in the bud. I'll write Hillary in if she doesn't win the nomination.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2008, 03:33 PM

938 posts, read 2,902,717 times
They didn't let me vote because I was registered "no party" rather than independent. A pity, Coach Stewart needs my vote. I did get to vote for the Board of Education though. And vote I did!!!

Old 05-13-2008, 03:58 PM

19,888 posts, read 22,803,339 times
I was in and out in under 10 minutes. No photo I.D. check, just my registration card.

Old 05-13-2008, 05:10 PM

4,714 posts, read 13,333,503 times
I was out in 10 minutes too and they would not take my ID....and I have plenty, gun permit, DL, govID...voters registration, passport...one woman sheeplishly said "I know that man...he lives near us." that was it...now we wait for the news...

Old 05-13-2008, 05:31 PM

617 posts, read 2,075,495 times
No ID needed. Everyone knows me there. The workers have been my neighbors for 25 years.

Old 05-13-2008, 06:05 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,809,254 times
The only thing I needed my register card for was to figure which district I belonged to. Seems the voting place changed, had to drive to a church where more than one district was voting.
WVPharm you had the option today to vote for either repub or dem primary, but you had to request it specially from the poll worker. They don't offer because it would imply soliciting. The woman in front of me was non affiliated and voted dem tickets.

Dem ballots are so odd. I started getting confused because the town/counties were attached to the names, and I thought I could only cast votes for kanawha region. Doesn't seem relevant to the jobs in question where someone lives. Almost makes me wonder if people root for their hometowns, or refuse to vote for someone from a town they got a ticket.
I might start a personal policy never to vote for anyone with their nickname in parenthesis on a ballot, like "spike" "flood" or john "pumpkinhead" doe. Sounds more like betting on WWF match than an election for civil servitude. Did your mamma give you that name? So there's my prejudice. I don't care who knows.

Old 05-13-2008, 07:43 PM

9 posts, read 34,671 times
When blacks vote for a black it is not racism. Racism is when a white votes for a white when they could have voted for a black. It shows how many people in the U S are anti American. They prefer to have a first couple in the White House who hate America

Old 05-13-2008, 08:04 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,460,965 times
Frankly I find it pathetic that so many Obama fans claim to be "open minded" and then trash middle America with stereotypes. Talk about hypocrisy!

Old 05-13-2008, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silace View Post
When blacks vote for a black it is not racism. Racism is when a white votes for a white when they could have voted for a black. It shows how many people in the U S are anti American. They prefer to have a first couple in the White House who hate America
Care to clarify that?

Just how does anyone currently running and gunning in this race 'hate' America?

Old 05-13-2008, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kennedy View Post
I was out in 10 minutes too and they would not take my ID....and I have plenty, gun permit, DL, govID...voters registration, passport...one woman sheeplishly said "I know that man...he lives near us." that was it...now we wait for the news...
As a registered Republican, my card was essentially blank, lol.

At least in the EP I had some choices
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia