Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2007, 08:14 AM

919 posts, read 3,184,906 times

Advertisements

I am from Pgh orginally and I speak english very well (thank you)and I am not rude or unkind to anyone, nor were any of the people I knew growing up either, please do not stereotype people, not all of us are that way, infact most of us are very friendly...most of my ancestors were orginally from WVA and many were educated and many weren't..but most were good people who worked hard and valued family and their neighbors...

I am looking forward to the possiablity of moving to WVA...I am impressed with this thread and all the positive things people say on it...please do not lump us all into one catergory, thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2007, 08:26 AM

306 posts, read 1,243,235 times
yes i wish i would have found this site when we made our transition to WV..There is so much wisdom here...........
Seaharbour welcome aboard.....

Old 10-19-2007, 03:15 PM

919 posts, read 3,184,906 times
Thank you tee!

Old 11-26-2007, 05:46 PM

11 posts, read 31,573 times
I Would Say Its The Fact That Theres No Growth, No Jobs, And Afraid Of The Unkown. Well Put If I May Say So My Self

Old 11-30-2007, 03:00 PM

107 posts, read 361,145 times
Then I would say go find your own state because west virginia dont need more of you..Negative Negative

Old 01-15-2008, 04:36 PM

26 posts, read 91,458 times
People that say West Virginian's are unfriendly seriously must live in a bubble. Living in DC, people here don't give you the time of day. In WV, everyone I've come in contact with says hi and has been very friendly. Its too bad theres no opportunity there, as I would gladly move out there.

Old 01-18-2008, 04:06 AM

4,714 posts, read 13,314,623 times
A wise person makes his own opportunity and success.

Old 01-18-2008, 08:59 PM

161 posts, read 418,205 times
im in the deeep south and people are really super friendly here
but i do miss marlinton and hope to go back someday.
i remember it as being friendly.
it was so beautiful!

Old 01-21-2008, 09:06 PM

1 posts, read 1,938 times
Hi, I am looking ofr Virginia M haught who lived/lives in Clarksburg, W Virginia. I am thinking I have a neice in W.Virginia. I am wanting to meet with Virginia and her daughter. I am the sister of Raul (Roy) at which she married my brother on 3/06/1980. Please help me to locate Virginia M Haught.

Old 01-25-2008, 03:51 AM

57 posts, read 155,126 times
HI, I am a newbie here. Love this thread. I am WV born and breed. Only child on a 300 acre farm. I am a girl, but Dad didn't know that. Now I am older but looking back, he was one of those honery hard workig men. All he knew was work. I am a typical person you would expect to hear about.. left that old farm at 15 , got married, had 4 kids before I was 21. They are all grown now, thank goodness.. But I will say, most of the people in My part of WV .. Romney/Springfield area are nice. They might be tired from working their butt off and not wave, but flash them a smile, and you might tbe stayin' for supper! They will give you the shirt off their back, even if they only had one more. After work they have supper, and do chores and go to bed early. There is little night life there now. Th e co sheriff like Mayberry is gone. It used to be like that.. But now the new sheriff in town wants the place to be dry. But if peacfull living in a beautiful mountain area sounds like your style.. This is it. Not much work, but there is Winchester one way and Cumberland the other. Hospital in Romney, Nursing homes. Factories are gone. What kind of work would ya be lookin' for? Want on a Mt top or a river area Big or small, we gotum all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia