Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 05:51 PM

409 posts, read 1,505,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyboopster View Post
Ooohhhh, you did not just say that! No, tell me you're joking!

The idea that Wisconsin should pay some kind of debt to the Vietnamese is right along the same lines as black people thinking they can walk all over white folks because of the way they were treated decades ago. I once worked with a black guy who used to always say negative things about white people. Why? Because he could get away with it! Oh, but it couldn't be the other way around, or we white folks would get our back side whooped. But yep, you guessed it--good ol' betty stood up to him, lol.

This kind of racism (reverse racism?) is no better than the other kind. And anyone who tells me (without knowing my husband, and without knowing what he may have done or not done for America) that my husband does not deserve the same equality as any one else, any other race, shape, nationality.....anyone who tells me that is full of it. Try telling me when my husband is sick that he doesn't deserve treatment as much as the next (Asian) guy. I'll just excuse trabbz comments as ignorance.
I would invite anyone on this forum to read my post and pick out anything ignorant in that. The only racist and discriminating comments are coming from you bettyboopster. Coming from a guy who has friends from more races than just white, I would appreciate you not making generalized racist comments. I have yet to meet a black person who says negative things about whites, and I have yet to meet any who are angry because of slavery. If I were to meet anyone like this, I wouldn't be friends with them.

I am very sorry that you seem like such an unhappy and hateful person. You might feel more comfortable moving to Wyoming where virtually everyone is the same race.

I don't think that the Vietnamese are demanding medical assistance from the Wisconsin state government. This idea so out there and radical that I do not beleive it. It would be against the law to deny someone medical assistance from the government if they are not of asian or any race for that matter. I can assure you of that.

Old 02-04-2008, 05:54 PM

Also bettyboopster, I never said that your husband didn't deserve medical assistance, not even once. I simply dispute the fact that your husband was denied because he wasn't asian. That is completely rediculous and in my opinion is very extreme and radical, irrational thinking.

Your husband needs assistance no more than I need assistance. I cannot afford health insurance. But you don't see me running around blaming the asians. That is crazy.

Old 02-05-2008, 07:31 AM

270 posts, read 522,633 times
Well, let's see. You invited, I'll accept.

So far, you have said that you didn't know Florida had medical assistance like Wisconsin does--wrong.

You said that I said Illinois was a better fit for me--false.

You've also assumed other states and races that would be better for me.

You have as much as said that I'm making up this story about my husband's denial of medical assistance.

You suggested that the reason Asians might be an exception is because of the war, etc.... And later, you said that this was a ridiculous idea and that you didn't believe it--contradictory.

You said that I have said something racist--false.

You have made alot of assumptions about me, and my character--ignorant.

Hey, don't get your feathers ruffled, lol. Just remind yourself that this an interesting and fun forum. We might disagree about Wisconsin, but to make assumptions about an individual, well that's just ignorant. I just look at it as mild entertainment, but I find it more interesting when someone is up to par on knowledge and sense.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Well, let's see. You invited, I'll accept.

So far, you have said that you didn't know Florida had medical assistance like Wisconsin does--wrong.

You said that I said Illinois was a better fit for me--false.

You've also assumed other states and races that would be better for me.

You have as much as said that I'm making up this story about my husband's denial of medical assistance.

You suggested that the reason Asians might be an exception is because of the war, etc.... And later, you said that this was a ridiculous idea and that you didn't believe it--contradictory.

You said that I have said something racist--false.

You have made alot of assumptions about me, and my character--ignorant.

Hey, don't get your feathers ruffled, lol. Just remind yourself that this an interesting and fun forum. We might disagree about Wisconsin, but to make assumptions about an individual, well that's just ignorant. I just look at it as mild entertainment, but I find it more interesting when someone is up to par on knowledge and sense.
Believe me bettyboopster, my feathers are far from ruffled. It is obvious to me that you are completely misunderstanding what I am saying. First you blamed Asians on why your husband did not receive medical benefits. I assure you that the Wisconsin government does not discriminate against your husband because he is white. Maybe he makes too much money because usually state assistance is based on income. I do not beleive anything you are saying. Then you somehow found the need to tell everyone about one black guy who was apparently very racist against whites right to their face. Then you made a generalization about blacks who are upset about things from decades ago. One FACT is that this is a generalization because I have yet to meet a black person who has this attitude toward me or anyone, and I am white. Don't let one bad apple spoil the bunch bettyboopster.

Moving to Wyoming is merely a suggestion, considering the state is 99% white. It seems as though you would feel more comforable there. The almost nonexistant Asian population should ensure that your husband should get the government assistance you are so sure that only the Asians get in Wisconsin.

Old 02-05-2008, 10:26 AM

68 posts, read 213,711 times
Default Response to Trabbz

As far as you not knowing any blacks that are racist or complain about slavery, obviously you must have never been to Baltimore or any other major large city that the population is mostly comprized with blacks. I lived in Maryland for 37 years and I heard pretty much nothing but the complaints you say you have never heard spoken. Hence one of the many reasons I moved.

Old 02-05-2008, 10:52 AM

270 posts, read 522,633 times
"Maybe he makes too much money": if he's out of a job?

Assuming my husband is white: I never said what color or race he is.

Saying that I blamed Asians for Wisconsin law: LOL, honestly, where does he come up with some of this stuff?

You said that you do not believe anything that I am saying: I don't need ya to! But I won't tell you to find another state or another thread. You can keep this up if you want to.

Assuming I'd feel more comfortable in a 99% white state: I grew up in a city of 66% hispanics, and I was happier there than I've ever been in southeastern Wisconsin.

Got anything else? 'Cause this is funny.

Old 02-05-2008, 11:12 AM

Quote:
"Maybe he makes too much money": if he's out of a job?

Assuming my husband is white: I never said what color or race he is.

Saying that I blamed Asians for Wisconsin law: LOL, honestly, where does he come up with some of this stuff?

You said that you do not believe anything that I am saying: I don't need ya to! But I won't tell you to find another state or another thread. You can keep this up if you want to.

Assuming I'd feel more comfortable in a 99% white state: I grew up in a city of 66% hispanics, and I was happier there than I've ever been in southeastern Wisconsin.

Got anything else? 'Cause this is funny.
I sure do have something else..... MOVE ALREADY if you are so miserable living in Wisconsin!!!! Hmmm....common sense maybe? Obviously Wisconsin isn't going to give you the government handouts your family is looking for.

Old 02-05-2008, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDCATONSVILLE View Post
As far as you not knowing any blacks that are racist or complain about slavery, obviously you must have never been to Baltimore or any other major large city that the population is mostly comprized with blacks. I lived in Maryland for 37 years and I heard pretty much nothing but the complaints you say you have never heard spoken. Hence one of the many reasons I moved.
I never said that I didn't know any that were like that. I said that if I did, I wouldn't be friends with them. And I said to bettyboopster that to generalize that all blacks are like this is unfair because I have yet to meet one in the Tampa Bay area who is like this.

Old 02-05-2008, 11:38 AM

335 posts, read 1,209,027 times
Ok I will be the only honest person on this thread. I am a racist!!! I hate humans!!! PLay nice or move along folks

Old 02-05-2008, 02:03 PM

1,523 posts, read 3,901,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trabbz View Post
I sure do have something else..... MOVE ALREADY if you are so miserable living in Wisconsin!!!! Hmmm....common sense maybe? Obviously Wisconsin isn't going to give you the government handouts your family is looking for.
Heh. I am always confused by rabid hatred for any particular place. No one 'forces' you to live anywhere. If you hate it, leave. If you want it to happen, you will find a way to make it happen. Sitting around bitching to everyone about how horrible your life is in place X isn't going to improve your situation at all.

I tend to not take seriously the opinions of people who can only say good or bad about a place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin